IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Maybe you better use the Allo Web GUI ..thats much easier

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

2 minutes ago, ambre said:

Maybe you better use the Allo Web GUI ..thats much easier

AFAIK that setting option doesn't exist in web GUI. And there doesn't appear to be a SSH dietpi-config setting for SSID/Key when you switch to WiFi. The only reference I can find is to edit the dietpi.txt file before 1st run. Right now I have no network connections to work with. 

A small update, still no success. The Wifi adapter works fine when plugged into my laptop and allows me to log onto the wifi network. When I boot up USBridge with the Wifi Adapter I have no way of configuring for wifi and my network connections are broke, even keyboard/screen. When I boot without Wifi Adapter I have Wired Ethernet and keyboard/screen control.

I must be missing a step or something. There is no way to setup Wifi from Web GUI or SSH.

The only online reference seems to be only on first run and edit the dietpi.txt file http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9

11 hours ago, Lobbster said:

A small update, still no success. The Wifi adapter works fine when plugged into my laptop and allows me to log onto the wifi network. When I boot up USBridge with the Wifi Adapter I have no way of configuring for wifi and my network connections are broke, even keyboard/screen. When I boot without Wifi Adapter I have Wired Ethernet and keyboard/screen control.

I must be missing a step or something. There is no way to setup Wifi from Web GUI or SSH.

Hi,

You can setup WiFi in:

dietpi-config

Under:

- 7  Network Options: Adapters > WiFi

- Select Scan to connect and enter WiFi creds.

If it still fails to connect after this, with DHCP errors, it could indicate the KEY is enterered incorrectly, or, contains characters not supported ($\_SPACE_)

Connection may drop over SSH due to network reconfiguration. If this still occurs, you'll need to do this locally via keyboard.

This has not been implemented into the web GUI currently, as we highly recommend using ethernet for a stable audio streaming experience.

On 30-11-2017 at 4:24 PM,  ambre said: 

Push to queue timed out can this be caused due to the fact that loading such a big library every time takes too much time? Or is this a wrong assumption?9_9

Hi Jussy, 

No problems anymore IMO due to the new releases of  HQ-player 3.19.1  and latest OS High Sierra releases. 

The new library functions => Import  and Export are a very good improvement.

Running HQ-player with NAA Mac Mini,  a  Raspberry P3 and last but not least the ALLO Sparky USBridge with sounds awesome and outperforms by far my stripped Mac Mini .  9_9 

Ps. For the ALLO Sparky USBridge I use the NAA functionality of DietPI (OS). 

My chain updated with latest grounding tweaks  Switch, SMPS, Uptone Regen and Etnernet CAT8 Supra  and USB cable as described by  Mr.  John Swenson on CA. 

Highly recommended and immediately audible tweaks.

Very nice to listen to Music again without any kind of drop-outs etc.

Best regards and ENJOY the Music,

Andreas

sparky.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

17 hours ago, Daniel Knight said:

This has not been implemented into the web GUI currently, as we highly recommend using ethernet for a stable audio streaming experience.

Ok, finally got it to work. Third time lucky, not really sure why. It isn't an easy setup, probably best done with a screen/keyboard.

I know it's not best practice, but in this case it's for a headphone rig 12 feet away from my AP. I need this solution when the SO wants me to keep her company while she watches Coronation Street. Better try wireless before she trips over the ethernet cable ;)

Seems to stream DSD64 with no hiccups so far!

Hello everyone, i'm new here in this forum, looking for advice.

I just received my sparky+usbridge combo and doing my first tests i'm getting better SQ using the usb ports on the sparky than the one in the usbridge.

Basically my problem is that I get heavy distorted sound out of the usb port in the usbridge card. The problem is accentuated if playing hi-res audio files (24 bit 96-192khz) the greatest the sample-rate the worst.

Using the usb3 port on the sparky the SQ improves, but then, what is the point of the usbridge!.

my audio path is sparky+usbridge -> schiit modi uber dac -> jbl studio monitors.

any ideas ?
ps. im playing wave files using aplay directly on the console.
On 12/5/2017 at 10:11 PM, scan80269 said:

Bug report sent.

Reference CODE: ad52fc1d-2319-4a39-bf73-68531be6ac74-0

By the way, I noticed the latest Volumio release for Sparky has exactly the same issue with KEF X300A.

Thanks, Daniel, for looking into this.

I set "aotg.aotg1_speed=1" parameter in /DietPi/uEnv.txt, and now my USBridge works great as NAA for HQPlayer with my KEF X300A speakers (USB 1.1)!

Cheers!

14 hours ago, joeblack said:

I just received my sparky+usbridge combo and doing my first tests i'm getting better SQ using the usb ports on the sparky than the one in the usbridge

any ideas ?

Do you use this USB Clean port? Please see picture.

sparky11.jpg

Dear Daniel Knight,

On 12 december I haves raised  following question ..but NO reply yet. 

At first instance only running 44khz or 48kHz music files. I have changed by means of Web GUI the DAC settings in MPD and Sharepoint to 352.8 and 24 bits ( wil try 32 later for my Teac UD 501).  After that I am able to play 352.8 PCM or 128 DSD.

Ps. I don't see any kind of relationship /dependency  between these 2 applications and HQ-Player but ..it works!

May be you can  explain in layman's language.

This afternoon again connecting problems with USBrigde and HQ-Player & DAC. What is the correct sequence of startting?

Should USbridge be running before I start resp connect HQ-Player and DAC . IMO is there isn't a correct handshake USBridge or HQ-player is going back to the default settings ( 44k or 48) as set in Audio/Midi setup of my IMac?

Please advice and be so kind to answer earlier raised questions too.

Best regards Andreas

1 hour ago, ambre said:

Do you use this USB Clean port? Please see picture.

sparky11.jpg

yes, the one at the bottom, that's the one with the worst sound.

connecting my dac to any of the other ports in the sparky the sound is much improved ( similar as if i were if using my windows laptop :S)

I have tried the 3 different ways to power the combo as per the manual ( power to bridge jumper off, power to sparky jumper on, power to both jumper off ) and nothing changes.

i had usbridge with roon and sharepoint (airplay) working well...i came back from travvel and no big problems with everything....

usbridge is not stable with roon i have to reboot again and again and airplay is not working anymore...

nas-rock-ethernet-usbridge-lks004

new roonversion and new dietpi..

allo send me an usb-ethernetadapter- also not working...tried as recommended...usbridge off - usb3-ethernet and waiting but no connection...

Got a free usb-ethernetadapter from ALLO ;) nice.

But it's not working. No lights go on and sometimes when i unplug it and plug it in again the lights go on for short period, no connection. I use an ifi adapter on the usbridge and the standard adapter on the sparky but also tried with only the standard adapter (changed jumper ofcourse).

Any one else having the same problem??

Greetz Depi

PS on my laptop the lights go on and no problems

@allo.com

I just wanted to confirm that the issue I reported earlier indeed had to do with the high power (and buffering) demands of my HRT MusicStreamer Pro. That DAC is not compatible with the USBridge it seems. I now have a Marantz HD-DAC1 hooked up to the USBridge and that works flawlessly upto the DACs maximum spec of 352khz and 5.6mhz DSD. I use Roon to stream my music to the USBridge into the HD-DAC1. The result is great sound and very reliable and hassle-free streaming. Im very happy with how it works with my new DAC.

Question: I use an ifi iPower to supply the USBridge with power, with the pin bridge in place. It seems to be enough to power it. Is there a benefit to opening the bridge and powering the Sparky itself with its own PSU?

14 hours ago, suresh3 said:

Allo, how is the laser engraving and packing of cases going? Are we close to having them available?

@suresh3thanks for asking.

the usbridge and sparky+kali+piano 2.1 cases are about to land at our headquarters in India.

only some customs formalities and a short trip to our manufacturing facility away.

we will soon take pictures and add the product pages to our site.

these will ship worldwide with the exception of EU.

EU stock will take a few more days to land

thank you for your patience !

@Goiko

Hi and sorry to see that you are having some issue with your unit.

Can you give us the opportunity to look into it, it might be a small detail.

I know it can be frustrating,m but we are here to help...

you can contact me directly.

I really hope we can work this out with you and see you back here a happy customer!

Hi,

Santa brought an Allo Usbridge :-) !

I connected it to my Denafrips Ares and to ethernet. Updated successfully to 1.59, transferred some audiofiles through samba to Sparky Memory and O!MPD plays them fine... great!

Now i like to play from my Harddisk (external 3,5" Drive with powersupply). I have it connected it to a sparky usb port but when i "update all" in O!MPD, no additional file is found - only the few in internal memory i transferred earlier. Tried an usb-stick too... no success.

What do i have to do to access files on usb-drive?

Best,

winzer