IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

Hello Allo,

Urgent Version DietPI V159 is not properly working:

Updated today  latest version V159. HQPlayer and Sparky USBridge as NAA are not running properly. I immediately loose Ethernet connection. Tried this with the normal Ethernet Port and with USB 3.0 Gigabit-dongle as supplied.

Other observations:  

1) Via  Allo Web GUI I cannot change respectively enable Sharepoint  stays disabled.  

2 ) If I .....succeed in connecting HQPlayer (V 3.19.1) plays only one album/song. As as soon as I start another album / song  I immediately loose connection and HQP freeze respectively tries to contact the choosen library. But doesn't  succeed and keeps trying.

Pls look at attached pictures. Ps.  I am on Apple OSX version 10-13.2 

3) The interaction/ handshake  between HQplayer and Sparky  UsBridge seems not good. If  I am able to play an album song the it starts always with the first 2 boxes as default and auto on.  But the Auto setting in the main menu is disabled.

I received my Sparky USbridge last Saturday and played the weekend fine. Ps. I have updated from version V157->V158 and  it worked properly. After update to V159 only problems as described.

In waiting your  replay. 

Very best regards, Andreas

hqplayer 4.jpg

sparky2.jpg

dietpi3.jpg

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Audio: Auralic Vega G2.1, Cambridge Edge W, Kef Reference 3 speakers.  
Power: Farad super 3 (2x) , Keces P8 ( 2 Uptone LPS1.2 ) Afterdark 5V: 

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

1 hour ago, aqs said:

v159 squeezelite not to work 

Please verify output bit depth setting for Squeezelite, matches your DAC's requirements. You may wish to try 32 bit output.

These are reset during updates, as the software is reinstalled with latest versions and updated configuration files.

If problems persist, please let us know, including:

- Which DAC?

- Is the unit powered by the offical barrel PSU (via USB bridge)?

- Are you running the official Allo EMMC/SD card?

2 hours ago, ambre said:

Updated today  latest version V159. HQPlayer and Sparky USBridge as NAA are not running properly. I immediately loose Ethernet connection. Tried this with the normal Ethernet Port and with USB 3.0 Gigabit-dongle as supplied.

Hi,

Allo/CEM have confirmed an issue with the latest kernel that breaks HQ player playback. I'll post the fix here shortly.

1) Via  Allo Web GUI I cannot change respectively enable Sharepoint  stays disabled.  

This occurs if the service fails to start. Please try changing the output bit depth of Shairport-Sync to 32 bit, may be required for your DAC.

@ambre
Hi,

I need to update our image with the kernel patch, which will be done later today, however, in the mean time, you can patch the system now via SSH:

Here is the kernel patch, which needs to be applied to system. Please can you copy and paste the following commands (you'll need SSH access to achieve this http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5&start=10#p63):

wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dragon_fly_check/uImage -O /boot/uImage
wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/sparky-sbc/sparky-test/master/dragon_fly_check/3.10.38.bz2 -O package.tar
tar xvf package.tar -C /lib/modules/
rm package.tar

cat << _EOF_ > /DietPi/uEnv.txt
uenvcmd=setenv os_type linux;
bootargs=earlyprintk clk_ignore_unused selinux=0 scandelay console=tty0 loglevel=1 real_rootflag=rw root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait init=/lib/systemd/systemd aotg.urb_fix=1 aotg.aotg1_speed=0
_EOF_

Then reboot the system:

reboot

11 hours ago, Stroitel said:

Hello, Daniel Knight

Just Updated firmware to V159 and now my MPD doesn't work...

O!MPD start window shows that:

image.thumb.png.3b8949faced23300e8a86946137bad6a.png

Any advice?

Hi,

I've not been able to replicate this our end in testing, issue must be limited to your current installation.

If you are comfortable with SSH/Terminal access, please try reinstalling the application:

username = root

password = dietpi

dietpi-software uninstall 128 129

dietpi-software install 128 129

If not, please can you try re-writing the latest image:
http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8869

Hi all,

@ambre

We have updated the Sparky SBC image, which includes the kernel fix to resolve HQPlayer issues experienced in the latest update.

If you have experienced issues with HQPlayer playback on the SparkySBC, please download the updated image and write to EMMC/SD:

We will also roll the fix out during the next DietPi update, however, as we still have outstanding tasks to fix in v160, it may be 1/2 weeks before its available. 

Hallo Daniel, 

First of all my thanks for your very quick response and actions taken. SUPERB.

If have installed the proposed image by means of Etcher on  Micro SDXC-card. 

HQ-Player and Sparky UsBridge as NAA is up and running again. :D

At first instance only running 44khz or 48kHz music files. I have changed by means of Web GUI the DAC settings in MPD and Sharepoint to 352.8 and 24 bits ( wil try 32 later for my Teac UD 501).  After that I am able to play 352.8 PCM or 128 DSD.

Ps. I don't see any kind of relationship /dependency  between these 2 applications and HQ-Player but ..it works!

May be you can  explain in layman's language.

Very best regards, Andreas from the Netherlands

Ethernet::4x Bonn Silent Angel 8P, Afterdark Emperor Doublr  Crown Masterclock and Cybershaft 75 Ohm,Mini Circuits convertor,Uptone EtherRegen with 75Ohm. SOTM Cat CAT 7.

Cables:Meicord Opal, SOTM Cat7 with filtering, Ghent Audio DC , Farad Level 2, Sharkwire speaker cable

Is there a list of USB DACs that are known to work well with the USBrige?

I am think of treating myself to one but it appears from this and other forums that my present dac, Dragonfly Red, has problems with the software.

I currently run LMS/Squeezelite via the Dragonfly plugged into the Rpi3 with an old version of Dietpi (152) and it runs faultlessly. However it will not work at all on a fresh install of Dietpi 159 (luckily I retained the sd card with the older version).

If I am to spring for the Allo bridge, will the software be updated to work well with the Dragonfly or should I consider shopping around for a new dac?

thanks

Hello Daniel, 

Clean installation to mmc helped. Now O!MPD is working but it works slower then on v157. The time before any track starts playing greatly increased... O!MPD doesn't see *DFF files (directory is just empty) and it doesn't play *DSF files now. On v157 I've listened to *DFF album but my DAC showed 352 instead of DSD.

I've tried reinstallation for 4-5 times and result was the same. Please check MPD's working ability.

On 12/12/2017 at 3:38 AM, Daniel Knight said:

Hi all,

@ambre

We have updated the Sparky SBC image, which includes the kernel fix to resolve HQPlayer issues experienced in the latest update.

If you have experienced issues with HQPlayer playback on the SparkySBC, please download the updated image and write to EMMC/SD:

We will also roll the fix out during the next DietPi update, however, as we still have outstanding tasks to fix in v160, it may be 1/2 weeks before its available. 

Hi Dan, is it also possible to update NAA to the last version: 3.5.2 ?

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/linux/stretch/

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

24 minutes ago, Maniol said:

Hello everyone, When can you expect native DSD mode on USB AMANERO 384 cards?

Very long story. Now waiting for the Windows driver ... see: https://github.com/lintweaker/xmos-native-dsd/issues/12

Seems firmware 2003be is OK for native DSD on LINUX but new windows driver is required. Finger crossed !

ROON > HQPlayer > USBridge > T+A DAC8 DSD > NAD M22 (Ncore Hypex) > Harbeth SLH5+
Setup details

31 minutes ago, piripiri82 said:

You have to uninstall the hotspot by going into the configuration menu via SSH:

SSH root@dietpi
Password = dietpi.

From there type dietpi-software to install/uninstall software.

It is then possible to configure your wifi adapter in dietpi-config.

It took me ages to work this out! :)

Thanks for your help. I got it to uninstall, but when I went into dietpi-config and tried to set for WIFI it fails to connect. I must be missing a step as it never asks me for SSID/Key?

I don't seem to be able to connect to dietpi anymore. Even with Monitor/Keyboard it goes thru normal load, then won't connect with wlan0. Keyboard commands including dietpi login don't respond (I can type, but nothing executes). ANy suggestions?

Capture.PNG

13 hours ago, Lobbster said:

Thanks for your help. I got it to uninstall, but when I went into dietpi-config and tried to set for WIFI it fails to connect. I must be missing a step as it never asks me for SSID/Key?

I don't seem to be able to connect to dietpi anymore. Even with Monitor/Keyboard it goes thru normal load, then won't connect with wlan0. Keyboard commands including dietpi login don't respond (I can type, but nothing executes). ANy suggestions?

Capture.PNG

Hi,

IP address relates to WiFi hotspot still being installed.

Please can you paste/screenshot this command:

dietpi-software uninstall 60

Note: We have disabled WiFi hotspot installation by default, in our updated images: http://dietpi.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2317&p=8869#p8869
On 10-12-2017 at 5:47 PM, tboooe said:

I am very interested in your comments about the wired ethernet.  I intend to purchase the Allo after xmas to use as an NAA receiving DSD512 from HQP.  I have heard from several other Allo owners that they were able to play DSD512 through the Allo wired ethernet connection without any issue.  Are you having a problem?  What do you mean by "slow"?  Is the music stuttering?

@tboooe,

My Sparky UsBridge is NOW running flwawlessly with the latest (re)update V159 as NAA for HQ-player . Even with the normal Ethernet connection instead of the Gigabit USB  3.0 dongle the library access is fast (enough). 

Very  nice SQ ......much better than my Mac Mini as NAA HQ-Player.:D:)

Keep in mind that I upsample  to max DSD 128. I don't have any experience with DSD 256 or even 512!  But an earlier post in this thread you find  following remarks.

Ethernet to USB dongle required and provided ? What about SQ differences with the dongle ? Ethernet to USB dongle  will allow more bandwidth .  Native ethernet on USBridge works at about 60Mbs. Depending on DSD rates , its possible to be close the the maximum and have packets drop and other errors that will affect the sound reproduction.
By using a Ethernet to USB dongle , we achieved 600 Mbs of transfer (usb 3 from Sparky) or 260 Mbs on USB 2.0 (Sparky) . Thats more than enough for anything that you might need.

Very best regards Ambre

1 hour ago, ambre said:

@tboooe,

My Sparky UsBridge is NOW running flwawlessly with the latest (re)update V159 as NAA for HQ-player . Even with the normal Ethernet connection instead of the Gigabit USB  3.0 dongle the library access is fast (enough). 

Very  nice SQ ......much better than my Mac Mini as NAA HQ-Player.:D:)

Keep in mind that I upsample  to max DSD 128. I don't have any experience with DSD 256 or even 512!  But an earlier post in this thread you find  following remarks.

Very best regards Ambre

Thank you for the feedback.  In looking at the network traffic on my NAA PC playing DSD512, I see that rates between 44-49mbps which is getting a bit too close to the theoretical max of the Allo ethernet port. I may have to consider using the USB dongle.

I have a couple if dongles at home now, can I use one of those or is there something special about the one that Allo is selling?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

8 hours ago, Daniel Knight said:

IP address relates to WiFi hotspot still being installed.

@Daniel Knight

I reflashed the updated image and I'm back where I was. Disconnect.

It doesn't make sense to me that I can't set the SSID/Key before it disconnects me from any access. Do I need to prepare the Wifi adapter first?

Screen shots attached. Where am I going wrong?

Do I reflash image again and this time edit SSID/Key in the dietpi.txt file?

That emmc card is a real test of patience to reinsert...

Also, I'll have 3 Dietpi units (2USBridge & DigiOne Player) how do I distinguish one from the other - rename Dietpi1, Dietpi2, Dietpi3 etc..?

dietpi config wifi 0.PNG

dietpi config wifi 1.PNG

dietpi config wifi 2.PNG