IGNORED

Allo Sparky USBridge

10 minutes ago, jtwrace said:

@allo.com continues to impress the heck out of me.  This team (Dan from DIetPi included) has released countless images to deal with my issue in the last couple of weeks.  Their willingness and speed is something that every company could learn from.  They actually care!  I really look forward to seeing what they do in the future with this product and beyond!  

did they resolve the issue you had to your satisfaction? Can you make any comparisons to other players?

Roon ->UltraRendu + CI Audio 7v LPS-> Kii Control -> Kii Three

Roon->BMC UltraDAC->Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Open

1 minute ago, Kelly said:

did they resolve the issue you had to your satisfaction? Can you make any comparisons to other players?

If it was up to them it'd be fixed.  Sadly, @Mytek_Support @mytek is very slow in responding to help @allo.com with assistance.  In the meantime, DSD128 subjectively sounds delightful.  I'll go back and try the sMS at some point in the next week or so.  I have a lot of travel this coming week so I won't be able to do much.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Just now, jtwrace said:

If it was up to them it'd be fixed.  Sadly, @Mytek_Support @mytek is very slow in responding to help @allo.com with assistance.  In the meantime, DSD128 subjectively sounds delightful.  I'll go back and try the sMS at some point in the next week or so.  I have a lot of travel this coming week so I won't be able to do much.  

Doesn't the work done so far say this problem is Allo's issue (unique to Allo)? Doesn't exist with the mRendu or other streamers?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

Just now, davide256 said:

Doesn't the work done so far say this problem is Allo's issue (unique to Allo)? Doesn't exist with the mRendu or other streamers?

It's a code issue (DietPi) and they're asking Mytek for help in figuring out what the issue is.  Certainly not an unusual request as this happens frequently.  The difference is that Mytek is beyond slow with help.  As a customer, not good!  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

Just now, jtwrace said:

It's a code issue (DietPi) and they're asking Mytek for help in figuring out what the issue is.  Certainly not an unusual request as this happens frequently.  The difference is that Mytek is beyond slow with help.  As a customer, not good!  

Numbers speak when it comes to getting support resource. You can bet if this were an Apple device conflict they would be all over it, even if they knew it was Apples problem to fix. Conversely if you are the only user reporting a problem, its  going to be hard to get support from any vendor. Any other Allo users reporting same issue?

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

1 minute ago, davide256 said:

Numbers speak when it comes to getting support resource. You can bet if this were an Apple device conflict they would be all over it, even if they knew it was Apples problem to fix. Conversely if you are the only user reporting a problem, its  going to be hard to get support from any vendor. Any other Allo users reporting same issue?

No idea but I promise you I won't keep my Brooklyn.  I'm all about customer service...if this is an issue for them it speaks volumes down the road.  I'll gladly tap out.  It's totally up to them IMO.  

10 hours ago, davide256 said:

So far we know of only Mytek Brooklyn that has issues at 256 native DSD.

I have been using USBridge for a couple of weeks now and am very happy with how it sounds. I really hope T+A releases a new firmware soon so I can upsample to DSD 512 soon.

I installed the latest stretch version this morning and everything works perfectly fine with roon bridge. But, I did notice an issue with HQ Player and NAA. When I switch from PCM 384 to DSD 128 DOP my HQ Player hangs and Sparky stops responding, Switching from PCM to DSD on roon works just fine.

I am happy using roon bridge for now, just thought I will post this here.

PC (Roon +  HQ Player) | Allo US Bridge Sig + Shanti LPS | SOTM TX-USB Ultra + SPS500 PSU| T+A Dac 8 DSD | Luxman C-900u + M-900u | PMC MB2 Se

Just received my USBridge. I'm a bit of a noob to these style of devices. Took a few minutes to figure out which is the correct power connection and then find the device - I thought it would appear on my Network and I could login by webpage. Downloaded Roon, found it right away and started playing music. I couldn't figure out how to access this device so I downloaded PuTTY and was able to log into the Config console and updated to V155 no problems. Like I said, I'm a bit of a noob - did I get this right?

I kept hanging and the USBridge would disappear from Roon when I was playing DSD64 after about 1 min of playtime.  Showed up on my DAC as 384K. Not sure if I have the correct options selected for DSD.

2 questions; can I simply select the J River option in Autostart, reboot and then find the device on my J River Media Center or do I have to download anything else?

If I buy another of these for my son, which App would he autostart for basic desktop integration, MPD ? (He doesn't have J River or Roon). 

Thanks, I'm enjoying the music and learning some new technology - fabulous combination!

Can I replace my microRendu with an Allo Sparky USBridge and run pretty much the same way I do today with  BubbleUPnP/MinimServer/MPD and HQPlayer/NAA?  Is the sound quality comparable?  Are the same DAC's supported for native DSD512?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

10 hours ago, allo.com said:

Does this mean that I'll have to update to this version or that my current version will auto update to this as I'm away at the moment?

2 hours ago, rickca said:

Can I replace my microRendu with an Allo Sparky USBridge and run pretty much the same way I do today with  BubbleUPnP/MinimServer/MPD and HQPlayer/NAA?  Is the sound quality comparable?  Are the same DAC's supported for native DSD512?

MPD, NAA, RAAT/Roon Bridge, and other software can be added and loaded.  In this regard, yes it is a similar device as the mRendu.  I believe you need to select the Dietpi OS version for Roon and NAA.

The software interface is not as user friendly as Sonicorbitor at this point.  In order to flash the new OS, I need to remove the eMMC chip and flash the update manually.  I suppose those more in the know on Debian OS wouldn’t have to do this….  They are working on a more user-friendly update procedure.  

You need RDP to access USBridge on your network… at least this is what I need to do with all my Window based systems.  I image at some time you might be able to access via IP address but not sure.

With Roon, its seems to work well but I have not spend that much time there because I prefer HQplayer to Roon. With Roon/HQplayer/NAA, there is still work to do.  The unit will hang in certain scenarios. Typically, you can get it back with a few work arounds but its not optimum.  It will need to get fixed.  They are actively working this.     

I have been able to play DSD512 on Roon/HQplayer/NAA Singxer SU-1/Holo Audio Spring and I’m really enjoying the music through this thing.  I owned a microRendu for years and recently sold before purchasing the Allo USBridge.  I find myself using PCM384 more with the USBridge.  I preferred DSD with the mRendu.   

I was on my way to purchase the uRendu but got sidetracked ….  Once Allo/Dietpi address the minor glitches, it’s a no brainer… its defiantly a “Bang for you buck” item….   

Sparky SBC/USBridge (HDPlex) –> Uptone ISO Regen(Uptone LPS-1) -> Singxer SU-1(Uptone LPS-1)/Holo Audio Spring –> Cary Audio SLP-05 –> Electrocompaniet AW180 Mono Blocks –> Martin Logan Summit X

2 minutes ago, pgbcincy said:

MPD, NAA, RAAT/Roon Bridge, and other software can be added and loaded.  In this regard, yes it is a similar device as the mRendu.  I believe you need to select the Dietpi OS version for Roon and NAA.

Thanks, @pgbcincy.   I guess maybe it needs to mature a little to become more bullet proof, but it sure sounds very promising.  

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

15 hours ago, allo.com said:

I put this image, now it is Dietpi 155.
About MPD bug..., now I can switch traks - thank's, but not everything is OK.

I play in MPD. It is looks different when I plug the DAC under Sparky eg. USB3.0,
and otherwise when plug under the USBridge.

Eg. when I connect Oppo ha-2 to USBridge, I get:

root@DietPi:~# cat /proc/asound/card1/stream0
OPPO OPPO HA-2 USB AUDIO 2.0 DAC at usb-aotg_hcd.1-1.1, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Format: S32_LE
    Channels: 2
    Endpoint: 1 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: S16_LE
  Interface 1
    Altset 3
    Format: SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE
root@DietPi:~#

And when I connect Oppo Ha-2 to Sparky USB3.0:

OPPO OPPO HA-2 USB AUDIO 2.0 DAC at usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 1
    Altset = 2
    Packet Size = 28
    Momentary freq = 44099 Hz (0x5.8328)
    Feedback Format = 16.16
  Interface 1
    Altset 1
    Rates: 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000
    Data packet interval: 125 us
  Interface 1
    Altset 2
    Format: S16_LE
  Interface 1
    Altset 3
    Format: SPECIAL DSD_U32_BE

As you can see under USBridge I have SR max. 96k. with Oppo Ha-2. On Sparky USB3.0 SR it is 384k.

With Amanero under USBridge when I play SR 44.1k, 88.2k, 96k it is OK, but when play SR 192k it is play slowlly, sometimes hang.

Under USBridge it is look as:

Amanero Technologies Combo384 Amanero at usb-aotg_hcd.1-1.1, full speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 2
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 1024
    Momentary freq = 192000 Hz (0xc0.0000)
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
    Endpoint: 5 OUT (ASYNC)
    Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000
  Interface 2
    Altset 2
    Format: S32_LE DSD_U32_BE
    Rates: 32000, 44100, 48000, 88200, 96000, 176400, 192000, 352800, 384000, 705600, 768000

And Amanero under Sparky USB3.0:

Amanero Technologies Combo384 Amanero at usb-xhci-hcd.0.auto-1, high speed : USB Audio

Playback:
    Interface = 2
    Altset = 1
    Packet Size = 240
    Momentary freq = 192015 Hz (0x18.0078)
    Feedback Format = 16.16
  Interface 2
    Altset 1
  Interface 2
    Altset 2
    Format: S32_LE DSD_U32_BE