jtwrace

Allo Sparky USBridge

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

Does anyone use this with Roon?  If so, has it been working well?  Have you compared it against anything?  Also, does the OS auto update?  This company actually seems like the real deal when it comes to engineering.  

https://allo.com/sparky/usbridge.html

I was going to try a Raspberry Pi then this was mentioned:

How about RPI? RPIs are great and very energy efficient, but on USB they have 2 major flaws. First is that bandwidth is shared between the 2 USB ports (so in fact there is only one USB), and second is that ethernet is also shared on same bus! Of course, you also have the noise on USB at about 60mV.

@The Computer Audiophile I'm sure they would love a review.  :D

I had a chance to test the Allo DigiOne card, which has spdif output, and compared it to similar cards (hifiberry...)  I was thoroughly impressed. It seems Allo delivers on its claims. I look forward to hearing impressions of the USB Bridge. 

1 hour ago, hopkins said:

I had a chance to test the Allo DigiOne card, which has spdif output, and compared it to similar cards (hifiberry...)  I was thoroughly impressed. It seems Allo delivers on its claims. I look forward to hearing impressions of the USB Bridge. 

That's good to hear at least!