IGNORED

Qobuz app & Bluesound => avoiding BluOS-controller?

Hi all

At the moment, I have to use the BluOS-controller app to stream directly to my Bluesound 2 node. It's a great app, stable, a lot of possibilities... But the GUI is just so dated, ugly, cluttered, bad contrast...

I've installed the desktop application developed by Qobuz, but it seems like it doesn't provide the possibility to stream directly to the Bluesound 2 node. So, my question: is it possible to "add" the Bluesound node in that app? Or, should I install another program, e.g. Rogue Amoeba Airfoil for Windows (here)? FYI: if I use the Android app on my Smartphone, it also doesn't directly stream to my Bluesound node... I've also to go via the BluOS-controller app. There's some logic in it, as it's a kind of a "driver"...

THX.

Bluesound uses its own proprietary network streaming protocol and does not support network streaming protocols commonly used by other manufacturers, such as industry standard UPnP/DLNA, Airplay & Google Cast. Unfortunately, this means you won't be able to use any of the widely available applications which support those network streaming protocols with your Node 2 and you can only use its own app for network streaming.

The Qobuz desktop application has been designed to play Qobuz audio file tracks on the computer's own audio system, not for streaming those tracks to another audio file playing device on your network. For that you'd also require computer audio capture (mirroring) and streaming software, like Rogue Amoeba's Airfoil you mentioned which supports AirPlay & Google Cast (but of course, not Bluesound).

If your computer/smartphone has Bluetooth, you could use that to transmit the computer/smartphone's audio to the Bluesound, as Bluetooth is supported by the Node 2. You won't get bit perfect streaming of the audio using Bluetooth, that you can get with a network streaming protocol like UPnP/DLNA. However, you may not notice any drop in sound quality, especially if the computer/smartphone's Bluetooth transmitter supports the enhanced audio aptX codec, which the Node 2 also supports.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

@Cebolla: thank you for your fast and very clarifying answer! As I can see, you know a bit about it :) OK, I'll continue my wireless sound adventure and I'll keep you updated as I have still some other questions, or, just sharing experiences.

12 hours ago, Cebolla said:

However, you may not notice any drop in sound quality, especially if the computer/smartphone's Bluetooth transmitter supports the enhanced audio aptX codec, which the Node 2 also supports.

Very interesting: the proof of the pudding...