IGNORED

New loudspeakers & room digital correction service

11 hours ago, fresponse said:

Check if the issue occurs in other browsers (we recommend Google Chrome).

As I said, the same failure occurred in Firefox and Google Chrome.  And of course I have the latest version of each browser.  Admittedly, I use the prior generation of MacOS called El Capitan, but that's true of many Mac users because of many user interface regressions introduced in Sierra.

Also, another Mac and iOS user complained of the same problem prior to my original post.

It's your choice, of course, whether to forfeit many Mac users as customers because they cannot access your website.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

49 minutes ago, mansr said:

Broken CMS, most likely. Perhaps he's still using Microsoft Frontpage.

Windows developers often are dismissive of problems experienced by Mac, iOS and Android users.  They are used to complying only with Microsoft's old proprietary standards, not modern standards established by industry standards bodies.

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

17 minutes ago, Bob Stern said:

It's your choice, of course, whether to forfeit many Mac users as customers because they cannot access your website.

If that level of care and compatibility goes into the website, a cynic might conclude the same might hold for the actual software.

3 minutes ago, wgscott said:

If that level of care and compatibility goes into the website, a cynic might conclude the same might hold for the actual software.

That's harsh. I would give this new venture the benefit of the doubt and judge on the merits of the product, rather than by how well the website is crafted.

I had the same problem from an iOS device, but no problems from MacOS Safari or Chrome.

1 hour ago, wgscott said:

The website provider can't write valid HTML?

(Click the link to see all the errors.)

fresponse, the “recommended browser” answer to complaints of problems with websites evidences web design thinking and techniques that are long outmoded.  You may want to assess whether you want to stay with your current provider.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

The menus works okay for me in chrome/safari on iPad and OSX. Are you guys using the "responsive menu button" in the top left corner on smaller screens/devices?

ECdesigns UPL96ETL > ECdesigns DA96ETF > Linkwitz ASP.4 > 8 x Hypex NC400 > Linkwitz LX521.4

14 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

That's harsh. I would give this new venture the benefit of the doubt and judge on the merits of the product, rather than by how well the website is crafted.

I had the same problem from an iOS device, but no problems from MacOS Safari or Chrome.

I think the idea isn’t that Bill has come to a conclusion about a product he hasn’t tried, but that a user’s experience on this commercial site is something fresponse should be concerned with.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

6 minutes ago, rowli said:

The menus works okay for me in chrome/safari on iPad and OSX. Are you guys using the "responsive menu button" in the top left corner on smaller screens/devices?

For me, the menu button in the upper left corner provides only a choice between English and French, with no links to any topic pages.

2 minutes ago, Jud said:

I think the idea isn’t that Bill has come to a conclusion about a product he hasn’t tried, but that a user’s experience on this commercial site is something fresponse should be concerned with.

I get that. As someone who has started numerous ventures where web presence was not the primary product, I can tell you that it's hard to get it right on the first try. Often, time and money is spent on the product with website being an afterthought. I'm sure the website will be fixed in time, the problem has already been reported.

6 minutes ago, pkane2001 said:

I get that. As someone who has started numerous ventures where web presence was not the primary product, I can tell you that it's hard to get it right on the first try. Often, time and money is spent on the product with website being an afterthought. I'm sure the website will be fixed in time, the problem has already been reported.

If the web is your primary, or only, sales channel, a quality website should bloody well be your top priority. This includes working with all reasonable browsers as well as passing compliance tests.

21 minutes ago, Jud said:

Thanks.  You saved me some typing.

I'm interested in the product and would like to see them succeed.

1 minute ago, mansr said:

If the web is your primary, or only, sales channel, a quality website should bloody well be your top priority. This includes working with all reasonable browsers as well as passing compliance tests.

Wow, give these guys a chance! They just introduced a new product a few days ago that might have some exciting applications in my system. I'd much rather discuss that than what browsers don't render their website particularly well.

4 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

For me, the menu button in the upper left corner provides only a choice between English and French, with no links to any topic pages.

+1 on iPad

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, mansr said:

Unfortunately, many small business owners don't ever update their websites. They don't have the time, or don't want to spend the money. 

A shortsighted approach if you ask me, but it is very common.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

I am really sorry for this website issues despite the testing phase done not only in the windows world. I will not give up and chase the provider.

As we are not selling a software but only filters, this Mac/windows risk does not exist for the end product.

@pkane2001 : our goal is to propose the optimal filters set by default. But if you have some preference in terms of tonal balance we can adapt to different kind of house curve format (text file, picture) The process is to start by our proposal and iterate if it is really mandatory 

9 hours ago, Bob Stern said:

I just had a look at the site. Next to English there is a "+" button which shows all the sub menus

1 hour ago, sixman said:

Next to English there is a "+" button which shows all the sub menus

That works!  It was non-obvious that clicking the "+" button would produce a different result from clicking the word "English".

6 hours ago, fresponse said:

@pkane2001 : our goal is to propose the optimal filters set by default. But if you have some preference in terms of tonal balance we can adapt to different kind of house curve format (text file, picture) The process is to start by our proposal and iterate if it is really mandatory 

Thank you. I would definitely want to start testing with an optimal, flat filter. But, my experience flattening the frequency response did not produce the best results. A very slight house curve (a few dB bump below 70Hz and a few dB gradual roll-off after 5KHz) made a big difference. I'll do some measurements and contact you to do a test with a sample track.

1 hour ago, Bob Stern said:

That works!  It was non-obvious that clicking the "+" button would produce a different result from clicking the word "English".

+1 Works. It also didn't occur to me. I  didn't expect the ipad version to work so  differently from the Windows version.

For me, the menu worked in everything I tried (Safari, Firefox, Camino, Chrome) by default (OS X 10.12.5) except for Vivaldi, which seems to put it into a completely different (perhaps iOS) view, i.e., this:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.23.21 AM.png

Instead of the Safari/Chrome/Firefox default desktop-friendly view:

Screen Shot 2017-06-23 at 7.24.59 AM.png

On 6/22/2017 at 9:47 AM, fresponse said:

Yes it is "intermediate", it can't be linear phase as the intention is to correct the phase response of the system.

Something to consider possibly as you develop your product in the future:  My speakers have linear phase (and time) response, which is something I consider a feature, not a bug. :)

Perhaps for this reason, I have tended not to like non linear phase filters in DACs and software.  They seem to me to have a negative effect on the system’s imaging.

It would be interesting to have measurements of your loudspeakers because I have never seen pure linear phase ones. Nevertheless if there is no phase issue to correct then the DSP will not change anything and you should not have any bad impact on imaging. By curiosity which type of software have you tested ?

Note that even if you have a perfect loudspeaker phase response the room response is always mixed phase and DSP can help for that as well.