IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE

I have been through a few of these so I thought I knew what to expect:) Each one is different and represents new challenges. I still don't have TV or internet so I only know what is going on around around me. It's actually kind of nice now that I think about it. Only the sale of the 1.4 hardware updates are on hold for the storm. I really have nothing to complain about. Thanks for asking.

10 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

I also have LPS-1 and Iso Regen but they are a few leagues down...

Would also be interested in your comments on those.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

As I stated above, the Sonore Signature Rendu is a nicely built beefy and somewhat heavy (in comparison to my previous Sonore Signature Power  Supply and Microrendu), which is nifty because it works well with tweaks underneath and weights on top.

I had two Brightstar Weights on top, about 20 lb or more, and a set of (3) Symposium Rollerblocks with titanium ball underneath, with a Symposium Svelte Shelf underneath and on top of the component rack shelf. I've had these tweaks for years!

My Theta CBIV-A SSP also had a set of (3) Symposium Rollerblocks with titanium ball underneath, with a Symposium Ultra Platform underneath and on top of the component rack itself.

I decided to take the sets of  Rollerblocks out from under my 5 Theta Digital Prometheus monoblocks, as I felt any benefits were outweighed by detraction of dynamics/microdynamics. So I had some extra Rollerblock sets.

I  used a set of the Rollerblocks (without the titanium  ball), added to a set of Rollerblocks with a titanium ball, with the ball sandwiched in between the blocks. I call this a Rollerblock sandwich. I put a set of (3) Rollerblock sandwiches under my Theta CBIV-A SSP. I played some Dolby Atmos blu rays on my Oppo UDP-205 & noticed how the sonics opened up and improved. Same for the Sonore Signature Rendu.

More recently, I placed a Rollerblock sandwich on top of a Symposium Ultra Platform, all under the Sonore Signature Rendu, with two BrightStar weights (about 20 lb) on top of the Rendu. WOW!!! 

Since the Rendu has no moving parts weights on top are ok. But my experience is that weights on top of a disc player in time will burn out the disc player!!!

You can't do this with the Microrendu, and even the Ultrarendu doesn't have enough size and mass to do this - but the Sonore Signature Rendu does!!!

Very nice!!@@@

For the ultraRendu, lps-1 & idsd dac etc, Herbie Supersonic Stabilisers are a perfect size & mass.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

1 hour ago, vladimirk said:

@vortecjr I'm noticed that Roon shows "Uncertified" warning for Sonore Signature Rendu - is it normal behaviour? Am I correctly understand that certification is in progress?

Certification requires that we actually send a unit to ROON for their testing.  Right now we are building as fast as we can to satisfy customer orders first.  Rest assured that the Signature Rendu SE works perfectly with ROON, and will become certified at some point, but here are no worries using it with ROON.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

17 hours ago, vladimirk said:

One more question - how On/Off power switch works? Does it perform correct shutdown of Sonicorbiter OS or it's better to choose System / Power Down from menu before turning unit off?  

Either way is fine or you can just leave it on all the time. 

The Signature Rendu SE will perform better if left powered on all the time.  Of course if you go away on vacation, or will not be using the system for a few days, perhaps power it down, but expect it to take a few hours (minimum) warm up and settling to sound its best.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Cyrus said:

Jesus:  What is the run-in / break-in time for the new Signature Rendu? By when would you expect it to settle in fully?

Not Jesus, but I can help:  Within the first 24 hours will be the largest changes (initial clock stabilization).  It will likely continue to improve incrementally for two weeks or so after that (capacitor and dielectric break in).  It is advised, just like a DAC, to keep it powered up 24/7, and unplug it if you go away for a few days or longer.

SONORE computer audio

Nope...

SONORE computer audio

On 14-9-2017 at 12:16 AM, m3lraaHnevetS said:

Few days after I receive my Signature Rendu SE I will compare

SRse vs Ultra/Sonore Signature Power Supply

I also have LPS-1 and Iso Regen but they are a few leagues down...

SRse received last thursday so not fully burned in yet but I did the comparison anyway;

findings; at low volume (“10” on Ayre AX-5) there is no difference between Ultra/SPS and SRse.

At higher volume (“25” on Ayre) the Ultra/SPS can follow in terms of tonality and resolution but the SRse goes on and let’s you listen into the recording venue. In other words the SRse leaves more of the recorded information intact. Big improvement over the Ultra/SPS!

sidenote: sonore LAN input benefits from stuff like the Pink Faun LAN Isolator, LPS on switch etc.

Music used

under the milky way by church from twee meter sessies volume 1

6 Donnies album by Yung internet

Other equipment used

ps audio netfilters

cardas clear m power 

lush USB

netgear FS105 and ifi groundhog

BJ cat6a j

hdplex 100 watt feeding switch and SSD

Pink Faun DAC has dual external supplies and 32 pcm1795 dac’s

DDD99BE7-67D2-4F5C-98E3-FC54EB8CE21A.jpeg

E857D8C2-EC36-4DE4-9E17-3AA2AA95034D.jpeg

Pink Faun Streamer —>  Pink Faun DAC --> Ayre AX5 --> Paradigm S8 

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.audiostream.com/content/sonore-simple-design-signature-rendu-se

Very favorable review.

Only criticism: he liked his dCS network player better over AES to the AES input on his TotalDAC (but says the AES is the best input on the TotalDAC, and the Sig Rendu doesn't do AES).

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 minutes ago, firedog said:

Very favorable review.

Only criticism: he liked his dCS network player better over AES to the AES input on his TotalDAC (but says the AES is the best input on the TotalDAC, and the Sig Rendu doesn't do AES).

It is very important to  understand Michael's comments in perspective.  We cannot even really begin to compare these two products by AES vs USB, as these results will differ depending on the DAC in question: some DACs will have poor USB implementations, and some DACs will have better SPDIF (AES) implementations.  Michael has mentioned that even the TotalDAC designer suggest that AES is the best input on the TotalDAC.

Another DAC may have an entirely different result: like USB via the Rendu SE is better than AES via the dCS, in that case I still would not be willing to say: therefore the Rendu SE is "better".

Of course an interesting comparison might be: TotalDAC via dCS AES, vs. TotalDAC via Rendu SE and a really good USB-SPDIF device, such as the Berkeley with AES connection.

And, for many of us, AES is limited in sample rates on many DACs compared to USB...

SONORE computer audio

8 hours ago, firedog said:

Very favorable review.

We knew this was going to be a difficult match up since we had a handicap going in as discussed...I'm very pleased with the review though.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 11:43 AM, barrows said:

It is very important to  understand Michael's comments in perspective.

I'd be quite unhappy with this review if I were Sonore.

There wasn't any area where the SE was bettered by the mR.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a product that costs $3295 vs one that costs $509 on sale.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's