IGNORED

Sonore Signature Rendu SE

98074859_ScreenShot2019-03-09at7_45_07AM.png.da5cb7cc266ed96c595984bca4eb3a01.png

The Sonore Signature Rendu SE, the absolute finest streaming USB source we have made. The Signature Rendu SE is the natural evolution of Sonore’s ultraRendu and Sonore’s acclaimed Signature Power Supply.

The Signature Rendu SE takes fiber optic Ethernet input or cable ethernet input and renders it to a perfect, ultra-low noise USB feed to one’s USB DAC. While the opticalRendu is a revolutionary product, the Signature Rendu SE takes off from the opticalRendu concept, improving on it by refinement and attention to every detail. The SE takes advantage of single chassis design, allowing close coupling of the power supply and processing board for the ultimate in ultra-low impedance and ultra-low noise power delivery. The SE processing board uses a large footprint to allow for eleven (11) independent low noise voltage regulation stages, and better physical separation of the Ethernet processing and USB output sections, further reducing noise and crosstalk. Two ultra-low phase noise (so-called “femto”) oscillator are used to govern all processing and USB audio output.

The opticalRendu is systemOptique certified systemoptique-logo-small.png.c569b9c5c5395a57203d1c4faa7549c6.png

SELECTABLE OUTPUT MODES

Mode #1 - SqueezeLite Output - This output works with any Logitech Media Server and compatible controllers. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #2 - ShairPort Output - This is an AirPlay emulator that utilizes streams sent to it from a compatible source. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM.

Mode #3 - MPD/DLNA Output:

Mode #3a - DLNA Output - This output utilizes streams from UPnP/DLNA servers and controllers. This output can be configured as an OpenHome renderer. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #3b - MPD Output - This output is intended to work with an SMB mount. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD. This option requires an SMB share to mount your content in combination with the built-in Drive Mounter application.

Mode #4 - HQ Player NAA Output - This output utilizes streams from Signalyst's HQ Player running on your computer. Digital signal processing is performed by HQ Player and then asynchronously streamed to the Network Audio Adapter (NAA) output. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #5 - RoonReady Output - This output utilizes streams from Roon. This output supports true gapless playback of PCM, DSD/DoP, and native DSD.

Mode #6 - Spotify Connect Output - This output can be controlled by your computer or tablet running the Spotify (premium) application. This application is based on librespot - an open source client library for Spotify. The application is in Beta form.

Link to product page: https://www.sonore.us/Signature-Rendu-SE.html

• 1 month later...
13 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Introducing the Sonore Signature Rendu SE. Wait, what?!

:~)

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/introducing-the-sonore-signature-rendu-se-r659/

This sounds interestingly like a "marriage," in one box, of the ultrarendu and the now retired signature series power supply, but what do I know?  Any idea when the pricing information will be available?

20 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Introducing the Sonore Signature Rendu SE. Wait, what?!

:~)

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/introducing-the-sonore-signature-rendu-se-r659/

It will be interesting to hear you thoughts on how it performs against the dCS Network Bridge which you appear to have right of shot?

Innuos Zenith SE (Roon Core) > Curious USB/Upton ISO REGEN +LPS-1/USPCB> Chord Hugo TT > ATC SCM 40A

To be clear, the SRse is actually more than a Signature Power Supply/UltraRendu combo.  The power supply included in the SRse has been improved over that in even the Signature Power Supply.  The SRse supply gets a custom wound Mercury Magnetics transformer (which was available as an option on the Sig. Power Supply) and additional power supply capacitance (and newly chosen capacitors as well).  The transformer is fully custom built specifically for this product, made in the USA.

While comparisons to the dCS product are inevitable, these are clearly two different devices: The SRse is USB output, designed to be the best USB audio source possible, and the dCS unit is SPDIF output.  Depending on ones DAC, and needs, one or the other will be preferable.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

31 minutes ago, barrows said:

The SRse is USB output, designed to be the best USB audio source possible, and the dCS unit is SPDIF output.

According to Michael Lavorgna's article on the dCS Network Bridge

the USB port, which is currently for USB storage, will become USB DAC enabled so you can output your data via USB to your USB DAC.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 minute ago, rickca said:

According to Michael Lavorgna's article on the dCS Network Bridge

the USB port, which is currently for USB storage, will become USB DAC enabled so you can output your data via USB to your USB DAC.

There's a big caveat here, in that the USB output will not support all DACs. I believe dCS will support dCS DACs and maybe a handful of others. The company will not be supporting USB output in the same way Sonore does, because it's a full time job to keep up with all the items that pop up.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Special offer / notice:

1. If you purchased an ultraRendu and want to upgrade to a Signature Rendu SE we will give you a 100% refund towards your purchase of a Signature Rendu SE upon return of your ultraRendu. This offer is for a limited time only and applies to customers who bought an ultraRendu via the www.sonore.us website. If you are interested in this offer please email Adrian L. at [email protected]  

2. We are currently taking pre-orders on the Signature Rendu SE. We are just ramping up production now and units should ship in approximately 3 weeks.

1 hour ago, Lcocozza said:

Yes, it does exactly the same thing as micro ou ultrarendu but it is a more refined piece of gear.

Thanks for the clarity - appreciated.

I need a DAC for my main system now that I have moved my Metrum Acoustics Musette to my headphone station. I would prefer to have my DAC and streamer in one unit if possible, so Aurender A10, PS Audio Direct Stream Junior, Lumin A1 or similar. Has anyone owned one of these streamers and compared the SQ with that of the Sonore products?

If I am going to choose a separate DAC and the Sonore Signature SE over other options it must justify that in performance. Grateful for any views.

1 hour ago, George Hincapie said:

Thanks for the clarity - appreciated.

I need a DAC for my main system now that I have moved my Metrum Acoustics Musette to my headphone station. I would prefer to have my DAC and streamer in one unit if possible, so Aurender A10, PS Audio Direct Stream Junior, Lumin A1 or similar. Has anyone owned one of these streamers and compared the SQ with that of the Sonore products?

If I am going to choose a separate DAC and the Sonore Signature SE over other options it must justify that in performance. Grateful for any views.

There are reviews with our older gear on various forums. I'm not aware of any with our new gear though. Also, remember these units run very versatile software and new capabilities are always being evaluated and considered for incorporation. 

3 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

There are reviews with our older gear on various forums. I'm not aware of any with our new gear though. Also, remember these units run very versatile software and new capabilities are always being evaluated and considered for incorporation. 

And that's fantastic, I'll see if I can find some comparative reviews. Would still be great to read anecdotal experiences from forum members though.

47 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

Yes. Roon needs to run someplace on your network.

Will I still need Roon Core running on a Sonic Transporter or similar to use this item with Roon?

Yes. Roon needs to run someplace on your network.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

yes i'm also trying to determine these streamers and their purpose, esp if you go upwards in value to the SE edition or other.
my rig is simple: lps1 to MR to a DAC playing tidal and roon.
(I mostly stream my music thru Tidal)
my laptop is 10 yrs old however.

...and if i upgrade to a Chord Hugo2 or PS Audio Direct Stream JR (from what i understand) they both upsample more than what Roon offers...so maybe just a basic sonic transport i5 would suit me.

sorry if i'm a bit confused...but i'm like all of you on here:
while i do not mind spending $$ to enhance my SQ, i do find some of this emerging technology and how it fits in ones' audio eco system a bit confusing .... i just don't want to overspend on something i might not need.
38 minutes ago, canali said:

yes i'm also trying to determine these streamers and their purpose, esp if you go upwards in value to the SE edition or other.

my rig is simple: lps1 to MR to a DAC playing tidal and roon.
(I mostly stream my music thru Tidal)
my laptop is 10 yrs old however.

...and if i upgrade to a Chord Hugo2 or PS Audio Direct Stream JR (from what i understand) they both upsample more than what Roon offers...so maybe just a basic sonic transport i5 would suit me.

sorry if i'm a bit confused...but i'm like all of you on here:
while i do not mind spending $$ to enhance my SQ, i do find some of this emerging technology and how it fits in ones' audio eco system a bit confusing .... i just don't want to overspend on something i might not need.

A simple test would be to update your original microRendu with the 1.4 hardware so you can see the direction all this technology is going in. Those two DACs have USB input so no issue there. 

On 7/23/2017 at 1:20 PM, canali said:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying but Roon will upsample to DSD 512 if you have a DAC that can handle it. (I don't)

4 hours ago, daverich4 said:

Maybe I'm not understanding what you're saying but Roon will upsample to DSD 512 if you have a DAC that can handle it. (I don't)

I think he is going to let the DAC do the work so he does not need a server that can resample. 

For the mRendu, the best (stated by many users) power supply is the Uptone LPS-1. I assume this will also be the case for the ultraRendu. Why would this Signature Rendu perform better than an ultraRendu/LPS-1 combo?

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

3 hours ago, skatbelt said:

For the mRendu, the best (stated by many users) power supply is the Uptone LPS-1. I assume this will also be the case for the ultraRendu. Why would this Signature Rendu perform better than an ultraRendu/LPS-1 combo?

Sonore Signature Power Supply  outperforms LPS-1, so it is easy to expect the Signature Rendu being ahead of both.

On 7/25/2017 at 3:07 PM, Lcocozza said:

Sonore Signature Power Supply  outperforms LPS-1, so it is easy to expect the Signature Rendu being ahead of both.

Where did you gather that knowledge? My JS-2 certainly does not outperform the LPS-1 feeding my mRendu (it is the other way around) and I always thought JS-2 and Sonore Signature PS were in the same league. This review also doesn't hint in the direction: https://www.audiostream.com/content/uptone-audio-ultracap-lps-1

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

32 minutes ago, skatbelt said:

Where did you gather that knowledge? My JS-2 certainly does not outperform the LPS-1 feeding my mRendu (it is the other way around) and I always thought JS-2 and Sonore Signature PS were in the same league. This review also doesn't hint in the direction: https://www.audiostream.com/content/uptone-audio-ultracap-lps-1

Where did you gather that knowledge? I mean...are they in the same league:) Nothing against the JS-2 (I own one), but they are very different power supplies. Also, I don't believe Michael compared the LPS-1 to our power supply and he does say he would have owned one if he could have afforded it. Anyway, this thread is not about a Sonore Signature Power Supply into a microRendu, but a new unit that contains an ultraRendu with a revised power supply design. BTW Chris is going to review it soon.

• 2 weeks later...

My Sonore Signature Rendu arrived yesterday (Saturday) replacing my Microrendu and Sonore Signature Power Supply, the latter which Sonore took as a trade-into, Nice lookin' and solidly built. I went to "My Sonicorbiter" and enabled RoonReady mode. Then I set up the Signature Rendu as I had set up the Microrendu previously. But it's giving me lots of issues and reloading firmware doesn't help. I can get it to play and output actual music only if I set ROON to downsample to 48-24 or 44-16. It will also play and output music when set to 44-16 and 48-24! I suspect perhaps USPS was a bit rough in transport (even though no external evidence of this) enough to mess up the little computer hardware therein. I'll get with Sonore Monday and I'm sure we'll go through steps to see if perhaps I've set it up wrong, and if not, I'm sure Sonore will quickly ensure that I am taken care of.  (Note my multi-channel CAPSv3 HDMI server works fine with ROON - it's just that two channel via USB is the most I am there for critical laid back listening!

I'm not concerned about USPS because the unit is solid-state. I would not reload the apps because that rarely is needed with our operating system. I have only recommended this when there is a specific reason for it.

What I would like to know is how is the CAPS and the Rendu connected to the router?  Which CAPS v3? I will assume for now that Roon has been on the unit and that that library was previously scanned.