IGNORED

Pointless Discussion and Pithy Retorts

Show your attitude!  Let's keep all the crap out of the useful threads and put it right here.  Any topic is fine as long as it's conducive to trading insults.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, christopher3393 said:

kilroy was here.

"Hip hip hooray, and jump for joy,

I was here before Kilroy."

"People hear what they see." - Doris Day

The forum would be a much better place if everyone were less convinced of how right they were.

On 6/14/2017 at 0:30 PM, Cebolla said:

Sceptical Schrödingerist.

But is the cat dead or alive? They say you can't tell 'till you look in the box, but that'a not true. Leave the box alone long enough and answer becomes self evident without anybody opening the box!

George

7 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

But is the cat dead or alive? They say you can't tell 'till you look in the box, but that'a not true. Leave the box alone long enough and answer becomes self evident without anybody opening the box!

You still don't know if the cat is dead or undead.

10 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

How do you know the cat is in the box?

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:55 PM, beerandmusic said:

I can't believe all the hoopla on this site surrounding DACS...save your money and upgrade your amp.

I don't get that at all. Most amps today sound fine, and are so close to one another that only by direct comparison with carefully matched levels can one tell them apart. It's been a long time since I heard a stereo system that didn't sound exactly right and was able to pin the problem down to the amplifier. Usually its a source component or most likely the speakers or their positioning and possibly, the room itself. Decent amps all sound quite transparent these days. While they might vary somewhat in tonal coloration, they simply don't sound bad. Certainly DACs vary more in presentation than amps do. At least it seems that way to me. Obviously, your experience must be different. Would you like to elucidate that point for me?

George