IGNORED

Analog upgrade a for modest system

Seeking recommendations.

My rather basic analog set up of a Sota Comet, Ortofon Bronze, and Avid Pellar helps to supplement my digital library.  I was considering a modest upgrade to either my table or my preamp, but not both.  For the phono preamp, I would likely max out with a Liberty Audio B2B.  For the table, perhaps a Sota Jewel, or RP 8.   For my cartridge, I am pretty set on the Ortofon, and not looking to move into Moving Coils.  

Are we are even allowed to talk about this on CA...?

If so, my suggestions would be a deck from Well Tempered (Simplex?) or a s/h Townshend Rock7 if you can find one (preferably from a dealer who can support).  I have the latter and IMHO it's a rare example of HIFi kit that genuinely performs beyond its price.  A well sorted Garrard 301 or 401 would be great too, if you can avoid paying over the odds.  Alternatively, the higher end Origin Live TTs (Resolution and  upwards) can be great value s/h.  I recommend the Well  Tempered simply by repute, but I've owned the rest.

Cartridge-wise in the sub £500 bracket I'd personally go for an AT OC9, but this is a moving coil that majors on detail and dynamics, not a good choice if you want a "warm" sound. 

I'm not that up on separate phono stages, but I guess something from Tom Evans would be good?  Maybe your Avid is pretty good already?

I think you may have made a mistake in your post though, surely it's  your digital library that supplements your analogue set-up..?

46 minutes ago, Norton said:

I think you may have made a mistake in your post though, surely it's  your digital library that supplements your analogue set-up..?

Ha.  Nope, I generally purchase records when I can't find a better digital alternative: Kinks, Beatles, Zappa, Monkees, Replacements, Nirvana, etc.  I do have an analogish sounding DAC, or so I have been told.  The Aqua La Scala Optologic.

Anyway, thanks for the many recommendations.