IGNORED

Liquid Conductors in your Interconnect Cables

Exactly thank you 

So I'm not spending a red cent .

Send me a broken in cable if it need to be and I will listen.  I like I pay if not back to you.

I always audition gear this way 

But guessing you want to cut out dealers or dealers not interested . 

Either way instead of you telling people to move on .. Suggest you do .. bumperdoo.

14 hours ago, bumperdoo said:

Why don't you give them a listen since this is an "Audiophile" forum my friend. *Audio* typically means listening...

Because I am busy and limit my time to projects that have a reasonable chance, in my own opinion, of being successful. Marketing nonsense pushes me away. Perhaps if a pair of cables landed on my door I would listen but frankly I don't publish reviews of the many many components I've listened to that I don't care for or don't perform as advertised-- likewise if I were tasked with designing a bridge, I wouldn't do by trial and error -- not to say that that strategy might not work in some situations.

Note that this thread seems to be about the marketing claims as opposed to the SQ of these cables according to the OP. Criticisms of such are thus on topic.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 0:27 AM, jabbr said:

Because I am busy and limit my time to projects that have a reasonable chance, in my own opinion, of being successful. Marketing nonsense pushes me away. Perhaps if a pair of cables landed on my door I would listen but frankly I don't publish reviews of the many many components I've listened to that I don't care for or don't perform as advertised-- likewise if I were tasked with designing a bridge, I wouldn't do by trial and error -- not to say that that strategy might not work in some situations.

Note that this thread seems to be about the marketing claims as opposed to the SQ of these cables according to the OP. Criticisms of such are thus on topic.

Priceless example of the know-it-all engineer.  Too busy to do some actual research and learn something new.  Blames everything on 'marketing'. "...but frankly I don't publish reviews of the many components..." Blah blah blah

Never too busy to waste time writing self-serving rubbish on internet forums.  Got it.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

Well then us Canadians will be the only ones to get these game changing cables .. Eh !! 

You know in Canada your weed n feed herbicides are all banned! 

So we have tougher laws 

But we get to listen to wonderful cables ..

Well so says bumperdoo 

I feel special 

Anyway I almost bought some 

I'm so confused 

Did all that .. Cost me $50 k 

So spending $ 650 on a game changer seems a bargain .

But not exactly chump change either .. 

But you've answered me which I appreciate. 

BTW My biggest upgrade in sound and listening experience this year was buying a $5k turntable and spinning vinyl for the first time in 38 years .

Kinda flys in the face of this forum..eh !! 

Do you spin lps? On a really good tt and cartridge? 

I never believed it possible 

Now look .. I took the gamble .. Auditioned firstly before paying up of course. 

If you don't..  Your missing out 

.... Lmao

14 hours ago, djd said:

Did all that .. Cost me $50 k 

Can you describe your current setup in detail?

14 hours ago, djd said:

So spending $ 650 on a game changer seems a bargain .

I'd totally concur.

In my experience, assuming your components work together, tweaking can deliver terrific results. Even simple things like moving the speakers in the listening space. Distance between front wall and speakers can play a critical role in what you hear.

I know in our setup, moving the speakers even as little as 6" closer or further away from the front wall changes the sound.

Something else to look at is the power you are providing to your system - and for those that believe power plays zero role, that is fine, but some of us have had great results addressing the power side of the audio equation. If you can run a dedicated circuit back to your main panel, give that a try - it's a cost effective approach. Some Romex and a separate breaker in the panel might cost you $30 to $50 bucks depending on the length of the run.

I've seen systems that on power-up will dim the lights in the room. I ask "I'm guessing you are sharing a circuit with a number of other things in your house?" It's worth a try @djd

I'd also try different speaker wire - the difference is more apparent than many would have you believe.

You may have a wicked system, just needs some tweaking to really make the music come alive.

To those on the forum that are going to jump all over me - remember, he's looking for ideas on what to try. If you don't believe in power, cables, etc. that is fine, but many of us have had great results paying attention to these aspects of a system so keep an open mind. Thanks!

moving the speakers is well known, and changing the speaker cables can easily alter the sound if the speaker presents a complex load, but is difficult to assess ahead of time and does  not require expensive speaker cables

neither has anything to do with interconnects, or the sub-scientific BS drivel* on that web site

* please excuse me if I am too generous

Thanks Ralf , this is a great hobby and I know it takes a good time to find all the different areas to make improvements .. Tweaks etc 

Kinda wished I had some of your insights awhile ago . But hey ..this is a great forum 

7 hours ago, bumperdoo said:

Can you describe your current setup in detail?

I'd totally concur.

In my experience, assuming your components work together, tweaking can deliver terrific results. Even simple things like moving the speakers in the listening space. Distance between front wall and speakers can play a critical role in what you hear.

I know in our setup, moving the speakers even as little as 6" closer or further away from the front wall changes the sound.

Something else to look at is the power you are providing to your system - and for those that believe power plays zero role, that is fine, but some of us have had great results addressing the power side of the audio equation. If you can run a dedicated circuit back to your main panel, give that a try - it's a cost effective approach. Some Romex and a separate breaker in the panel might cost you $30 to $50 bucks depending on the length of the run.

I've seen systems that on power-up will dim the lights in the room. I ask "I'm guessing you are sharing a circuit with a number of other things in your house?" It's worth a try @djd

I'd also try different speaker wire - the difference is more apparent than many would have you believe.

You may have a wicked system, just needs some tweaking to really make the music come alive.

To those on the forum that are going to jump all over me - remember, he's looking for ideas on what to try. If you don't believe in power, cables, etc. that is fine, but many of us have had great results paying attention to these aspects of a system so keep an open mind. Thanks!

Hi bumperdoo.  

I did have a separate line in a previous set up / moved 

Thxs for reminder . I should do this again.

I am running 15" Glennie tannoy and supertweeters.

With 400 w marklevinson.amp McIntosh all tube preamp .

Do some tube rolling 

Source is tt. Or mytek dsd dac . 

MacBook Pro/ firewire and roon / files on 2tb drive usb3.

Thxs for your comments and advise 

3 minutes ago, djd said:

Source is tt. Or mytek dsd dac . 

MacBook Pro/ firewire and roon / files on 2tb drive usb3.

I'm assuming you mean USB between your MacBook Pro and the Mytek DAC, not firewire, correct?

4 minutes ago, djd said:

I did have a separate line in a previous set up / moved 

Those Mac components are likely power hungry and may benefit from a dedicated circuit?

On the MacBook Pro, have you checked your Audio MIDI Setup in the Utilities folder? I've found that unless your master volume for the USB device is set to 100, you will get crap sound. Lets start there - you have awesome components, I wouldn't dream of having to replace them. We'll get them singing no doubt... 

Screen Shot 2017-06-24 at 4.29.49 PM.png