IGNORED

Liquid Conductors in your Interconnect Cables

I thought this would be fun for those tired of stopping jitter with regeneration or origami blur discussions.

"With a solid conductor, or rather, an alloy or element in a solidus (below melting point) atomic lattice configuration. In such condition, ‘electrical response’ , or electron flow, is restricted to electron orbital ‘co-joined’ pathways in the atomic lattice. This is the situation in what we call ‘DC Flow’ in the given conductor. This relates to named observations like Johnson–Nyquist noise. "

YEH BABY!!

I remember decades ago, audio cables that were tubes filled with liquid mercury. A solution in search of a problem. Well they created problems of their own.

Now getting back to liquid conductors, there are areas in science and medicine that require much better conductors than anything in audio. And there is much more money to be made in science and medicine than in hi-fi.

15 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

It has the absolute worst BS of any audio site I've seen.

"Signal is inherently a plasma. Ionic plasma, or an electron cloud, with a pressure differential..."

Certainly the worst grammar. The BS is squarely in "not even wrong" territory, but that's the norm for audio. Sadly.

7 minutes ago, mansr said:

Certainly the worst grammar. The BS is squarely in "not even wrong" territory, but that's the norm for audio. Sadly.

Yes, I am wondering if it is done by a non-English speaker.  Or Siri...

3 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

wow - that's a great idea

anybody want to start a company using Star Trek technobabble to sell cables?

Call it Confirmation Bias Cable Company

Please! 

I nominate Warp Drive audio cables. 

Individual cable names can be part of the Starship series. 

Power cables part of the Plasma Conduit series.

Digital doo dads can be part of the Isolinear series.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/teoaudio/liquid.html

Been reviewed by several places including the always wonderful 6 moons.  Cables are only $2398 per meter pair.  Yes, not even $2400.

The liquid metal is according to the review:

That fluid is a room-temperature molecular slurry of Gallium, Indium and Tin, a mix* that is related to the alloy inside child-proof thermometers where it replaces toxic Mercury. But because free Gallium interacts with aluminum somewhat akin to Ridley Scott's movie alien and its acid saliva -- exposed Gallium eats into aluminum and aircraft hulls are made from aluminum -- it is considered hazmat.

Since they mentioned Alien, maybe Alien names would be more appropriate than Star Trek based nomenclature. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

4 hours ago, esldude said:

http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/teoaudio/liquid.html

Been reviewed by several places including the always wonderful 6 moons.  Cables are only $2398 per meter pair.  Yes, not even $2400.

The liquid metal is according to the review:

That fluid is a room-temperature molecular slurry of Gallium, Indium and Tin, a mix* that is related to the alloy inside child-proof thermometers where it replaces toxic Mercury. But because free Gallium interacts with aluminum somewhat akin to Ridley Scott's movie alien and its acid saliva -- exposed Gallium eats into aluminum and aircraft hulls are made from aluminum -- it is considered hazmat.

Since they mentioned Alien, maybe Alien names would be more appropriate than Star Trek based nomenclature. 

In addition to the well-known effect of gallium on aluminium, it is also corrosive to almost all other metals, including copper and steel. You really don't want that stuff loose in your house.

3 hours ago, mansr said:

In addition to the well-known effect of gallium on aluminium, it is also corrosive to almost all other metals, including copper and steel. You really don't want that stuff loose in your house.

Shhhhhh ! The is Darwinian evolution at work here ... besides I like Gallium in my transistors & it's safe as long as you don't snack on them ;) 

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

4 minutes ago, jabbr said:

Shhhhhh ! The is Darwinian evolution at work here ... besides I like Gallium in my transistors & it's safe as long as you don't snack on them ;) 

Oh, it's perfectly safe if poisoned with arsenic.

Has anyone who's shared their infinite knowledge on this thread actually used these cables? Or are you too busy optimizing your Isotope settings? 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

3 hours ago, mansr said:

I've used them for a good laugh.

And....? 

(not that you weren't being completely fair and objective in your assessment of course)

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's