IGNORED

Upgrade Hierarchy

Hi UpToners,

Following the launch of the Iso, i am conflicted about the next step in my upgrade journey.... My current system is ;- 

Mac mini - curious cable- amber regen - curious cable - chord hugo - naim amplification. 

I have been saving to acquire the MMK with a JS2 ( to power both Mac mini and regen), which does appeal to me as it 'kills two birds with one stone', and does not add to the box/unit/wart count.However, i would not want to stump up for the JS2 if the subsequent acquisition of an Iso regen requires the LPS for best effect ( thus making the second output redundant)..... Any thoughts would be appreciated

9 hours ago, Frojo said:

Hi UpToners,

Following the launch of the Iso, i am conflicted about the next step in my upgrade journey.... My current system is ;- 

Mac mini - curious cable- amber regen - curious cable - chord hugo - naim amplification. 

I have been saving to acquire the MMK with a JS2 ( to power both Mac mini and regen), which does appeal to me as it 'kills two birds with one stone', and does not add to the box/unit/wart count.However, i would not want to stump up for the JS2 if the subsequent acquisition of an Iso regen requires the LPS for best effect ( thus making the second output redundant)..... Any thoughts would be appreciated

Using the ISO REGEN powered by the LPS-1 in your system is probably going to be the biggest improvement in sound, if I were in your situation that is what I would do.

John S.

• 2 months later...

Hi again ReGeneers,

Following Johns advice I have ordered an ISO/LPS-1 package, which i am eagerly awaiting (ordered from the July batch which has been delayed). This gives me plenty of time to ponder the next step....I have been evaluating Roon against Audivarna 3+ both of which would allow me to introduce an Ultra or Micro Rendu. So, MMK/JS2 or Rendu/LPS-1.

Any comments gratefully received.

P.S. currently favour Audirvana +,based solely on sound output.