IGNORED

AC iPurifier - now this is getting interesting

I wonder if this will remove noise going back into the mains as well.. Not sure what's possible with AC mains devices. Is HF noise as well as LF noise removed ?Reduced...

Expecting big things from the IFI engineers.. No pressure :D.

Good luck

and thanks for the great early heads up

@One and a half

23 hours ago, Middy said:

I wonder if this will remove noise going back into the mains as well.. Not sure what's possible with AC mains devices. Is HF noise as well as LF noise removed ?Reduced...

Expecting big things from the IFI engineers.. No pressure :D.

Good luck

and thanks for the great early heads up

@One and a half

The classic approach to filtering is detection and correction.  Unlike the leakage currents from audio devices, mains contaminants have considerable strength. More contaminant voltages, the more power and developed heat is a by product. 

Looking at the size of the iFi unit there's room for line filters as well as filters for higher frequencies. 

Hopefully it differs from the Harvester which either works with incremental or no improvement. 

There's a limit as to how much and what type of frequency that is allowed past the gate. I would be happy with the higher than mains frequencies, say 100kHz upwards since these frequencies can attach themselves to anything and can propagate via very small capacitances.

For small signal gear lower mains harmonics may not cause that many problems,  these affect power amps or are in fact created by them.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

Thank you for the insight one and a half.

I have spent a fair amount trying to improve the sound of my Amp DAC with power upgrades. Filters / DC Blocker/ Balanced isolation transformer/ Sinewave generator.. LPS/ with a DC purifier at the end 9_9

If IFI do thier normal magic with this and maybe more including thier Anti phase cancelling tech. This will be another winner for them. 

A pass through plug would seem thier normal raison detre into the back of a unit. 

The plug filters I tried are mainly a small simple board with lots of space around them. A bit more bulk maybe is the only way or some clever heat dissipation design with an isolated metal shell.

I wish IFI luck and any insight from them is always welcome.

Yours also 1 1/2 :P

Thank you 

Dave

• 6 months later...

Maybe it is time to wake-up this thread? It looks like the iFi AC iPurifier was just launched here in Sweden today.

Looks like a combination of Oehlbach Phaser, IsoTek Isoplug and JSGT in a single pakage! Interesting though! :) 

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ac-ipurifier/

AC-iPurifier-EN-01-1.jpg

Anyone who had the chance to try it?

🎛️  Audio System  

On 22.12.2017 at 11:32 AM, Cornan said:

Maybe it is time to wake-up this thread? It looks like the iFi AC iPurifier was just launched here in Sweden today.

Looks like a combination of Oehlbach Phaser, IsoTek Isoplug and JSGT in a single pakage! Interesting though! :) 

https://ifi-audio.com/portfolio-view/accessory-ac-ipurifier/

AC-iPurifier-EN-01-1.jpg

Anyone who had the chance to try it?

Here's the original thread:

The product is quite new, yet shortly aftyer holiday some feedback should be in the web.

Our PowerStation is here: click me!

Check out our Tidal MQA Set-up Guides below. 
Android (Renderer) Mobile
Desktop (Decoder) via USB
Desktop (Decoder) via SPDIF