IGNORED

There once was a Mac app called Caffeine...

And that app would force your Mac to stay awake.  It was a good app, it lived in the toolbar, unobtrusively, and did its job quietly with minimal intervention needed and little to no impact on your OS and memory usage.  Well, that useful little app hasn't been upgraded in years, nor is it being actively developed anymore.  Luckily, there is another, newer, and even better app called Amphetamine.  It does the same thing, is actively being developed, and has more options.  You can even enable a "trigger" that turns the app on when you open Audirvana+ for example.  It's a very cool little app.

Where can you get this wonderful thing you ask?  The Mac App Store of course, and it's even free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/amphetamine/id937984704?mt=12

No electron left behind.

I hear if you give your Mac amphetamines the sound gets all....jittery.  Even worse than when it was on caffeine.

You need either the cocaine or mary jane app to smooth things out and let it chill. 

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

If I recall, InsomniaX was another OSX app that would force your Mac to stay awake. I haven't needed to use it for awhile, but I remember it worked well and was unobtrusive.

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

20 hours ago, esldude said:

I hear if you give your Mac amphetamines the sound gets all....jittery.  Even worse than when it was on caffeine.

You need either the cocaine or mary jane app to smooth things out and let it chill. 

Cocaine to "smooth out" amphetamine?  Extra-legal pharmacology may not be among your many talents. ;)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Well if I suggested quaaludes for cocaine things get too smoothed out for your Mac.  You are right however, I do okay with chemistry, but extra-legal pharmacy is not a strong point for me.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.