IGNORED

Roger Water's "Is This the Life We Really Want?"

Roger Water's new album "Is This the Life We Really Want?" is out:

It is supposedly a politically-charged album from the leader of the "Resistance"...

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-roger-waters-begin-trump-resistance-in-pigs-live-video-w462244

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

• 2 weeks later...

Now we have it. Very true and very sad album. Roger Waters is one of the few remaining rock musicians who is still able to convey real and not artificial feelings. Those who expect to like this album will find reasons to support their expectations, those who going to hate it will find the grounds anyway.

8 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Now we have it. Very true and very sad album. Roger Waters is one of the few remaining rock musicians who is still able to convey real and not artificial feelings. Those who expect to like this album will find reasons to support their expectations, those who going to hate it will find the grounds anyway.

Well, I don't "hate" it but I found my self bored pretty quick.  Everything about the music and lyrics is so predictable.  Fans will of course be happy but it really is more of the same...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

It is for itself a good and well sounding album in my perception. But when I compare the 24/48 "Is This the Life We Really Want?" with the 24/192 "Amused to Death" I must confess, that the much more older album is not only more interesting musically, it is far better on a sonic level. More precise, more air, more soundstage. Maybe, we will see a in a view years a new real HiRes (not MQA modified) release in a  resolution closer to the master, for additional money of course, with better sound quality, according to the new business model of the labels.

On 03/06/2017 at 11:04 PM, #Yoda# said:

It is for itself a good and well sounding album in my perception. But when I compare the 24/48 "Is This the Life We Really Want?" with the 24/192 "Amused to Death" I must confess, that the much more older album is not only more interesting musically, it is far better on a sonic level. More precise, more air, more soundstage. Maybe, we will see a in a view years a new real HiRes (not MQA modified) release in a  resolution closer to the master, for additional money of course, with better sound quality, according to the new business model of the labels.

You are right, in my view.

As soon as I heard this new album, it immediately sounded like the much darker "the final cut". Musically and soudwise.

Mr. Waters stayed in the 80's, which is not bad, it was a great time....

• 2 weeks later...