IGNORED

ALERT: ISO REGEN half-launch belly flop: Bad part on half the first boards. Or how I ruined my vacation and learned to solder under a microscope. (Updates will post here.)

6 minutes ago, kalinka said:

Anyone got a tracking number already?

Nothing here so far.  

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

Earlier today, in the other "launch thread," I posted the following:

Shipment promise date for the first batch was always May 16th-19th.  We got slowed down by the logistics of this first batch (6 variations when you consider the 3 power supply choices--none, SMPS. or LPS-1 bundle--plus standard or 90-deg. rotated 'B' plug on USPCB), plus an error I made in SKU set-up that is forcing me to do a lot of manual stuff for the international-bound units.

The first 120 units are leaving here in about 3 hours.  (My assistant showed up at 7:00 a.m. this morning, and I was preparing the shipping labels and docs until 11 last night.)  So despite this being not all 250 of the first run (see the other thread for the draw of that saga), we once again are shipping a new product on time!

To those of you who got in on the mid-May promised batch (up through order #5449): If you do not receive a notice with tracking number around 2:00 p.m. (Pacific time) today, then your order will be filled within days of our receiving back the boards that were sent to have the one defective part swapped out.  That should be right at the end of this month.  

And if your order (#5450 and above) was promised for early-June delivery, we are still on track for that as parts production is concurrent with everything else.

So @auricgoldfinger: If your order number is 5449 or below, you certainly won't be waiting a month for it to ship.  We are just off by about 2 weeks for half the first buyers.  Thanks for your patience.

--Alex C.

56 minutes ago, kalinka said:

So, tracking numbers for iso regens shipped today were already sent?

I'm pretty sure I was among the very first ones to order (my order confirmation was sent just 3 minutes after the site started recieving orders), but didn't get any tracking number.

:(

Yep, that time is on your paypal receipt ... mine's the same, ie 0203 Oz time.

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

53 minutes ago, kalinka said:

So, tracking numbers for iso regens shipped today were already sent?

I'm pretty sure I was among the very first ones to order (my order confirmation was sent just 3 minutes after the site started recieving orders), but didn't get any tracking number.

:(

Please reread the first post.  170 orders came in in the first 3-4 minutes.  Only 120 units were available to ship this week. If your name is what I think it is, there are about 25 people whose orders came in seconds before yours and who also did not get their orders shipped this week.  Could not be helped.  Sorry.

18 minutes ago, Superdad said:

I have already tested some on my new analyzer set-up and they pass with flying colors.

What fantastic news!  Did the 20 bad ones have a problem with the same part as the ones you never shipped ... just harder to detect without the protocol analyzer because they were only marginally out-of-spec?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

6 minutes ago, rogerdn said:

Alex, can you give us an ESTIMATE without too much effort on your part what the cut off might be Web number wise ?

Sorry, I don't understand what you are asking.  I posted above the order number ranges for all 3 groups (originally promised mid-May, early-June, and for #5579 and above end-of-June.).

The logistics of everything and handling all these orders is a crazy challenge.  There is nothing more I can report right now.  A lot of people will receive a notice with tracking number late next week.  A few of the first rounders won't and will follow as quickly as possible there after.  

Thanks for understanding,

--Alex C.

Just now, rogerdn said:

No prob, just assumed those numbers had changed due to the bad ones you replaced. 

Well as posted (but likely not clearly as I am running on very little sleep), we will be at least 40 units shy of being able to cover all of the "mid-May" folk by late next week.  About that many will just be the first to receive from the next 240 boards arriving.  But just don't ask me to predict the end of next week right now. O.o

Hi Alex, will every board be tested with your new analyzer, going forward?

Or are you just using it for this initial rollout stage, to check that your supplier's quality gets back on track, after their initial hiccup?

Many thanks, Sean.

• 2 weeks later...