IGNORED

Munich High End Show 2017

5 minutes ago, miguelito said:

Pls explain? Is this a new Btlsss (that's the british pronounciation) remaster?

Yep, but sorry, I jumped the gun by a week on the release date (though if I were a Munich exhibitor, I'd see what I could do about getting an advance copy - probably come to nothing, but you never know).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGVMLJY/ref=pe_848020_238630370_em_1p_0_lm

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Chris, if you have the chance you should check out the Aequo Audio, Audiopax, Sound Galleries stand and demo room in Halle 3 K05 as a must listen to. It received the best sound of show award by High Fidelity PL.

Ambassador for Sound Galleries Monaco and Taiko Audio The Netherlands 

Sound Test USA

[email protected]

Sound Galleries SGM 2015 Music Server>ROON-all rates up-sampled to DSD512 by HQ Player>Sablon Reserva 2017 USB>T+A DAC 8 DSD>Merrill Audio Veritas Ncore NC1200 Mono Amps>B&W 802D>High Fidelity Cables Interconnect, Speaker & Power Cords for Amps & SGM & T+A>Power Conditioning High Fidelity MC-6 Hemisphere>T+A & Hemisphere supported by Stillpoints Ultra Mini - B&W 802D & Veritas supported by Stillpoints Ultra SS>All sitting on IKEA Aptitlig bamboo butcher blocks - Taiko Audio Setchi active grounding on SGM & T+A

53 minutes ago, Jud said:

Yep, but sorry, I jumped the gun by a week on the release date (though if I were a Munich exhibitor, I'd see what I could do about getting an advance copy - probably come to nothing, but you never know).

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WGVMLJY/ref=pe_848020_238630370_em_1p_0_lm

Lovely. Although extracting the audio from BD is likely a PITA. Any pointers on that?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

50 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Frank Zappa - Crew Slut

"we've got a present for you.  It looks just like a Telefunken U-47."

Never heard that?

Sorry, no... Nevermind...

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

Frank Zappa - Crew Slut

"we've got a present for you.  It looks just like a Telefunken U-47."

Never heard that?

U47.jpg

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

On 18.5.2017 at 2:41 PM, beetlemania said:

Looking forward to reading it.

Here are the pictures from the first two devices of the brand new Ayre Acoustics 8 Series, available presumably in fall this year. Brent from Ayre offers to provide me with the PDFs of the flyer and I will forward them ASAP.

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

1 hour ago, m5sime said:

Loving the green! Heard a fabulous Hegel demo in the UK HiFi show.

Yeah, I heard the Hegel demo at the Bristol show and it was really good. (and they played 'real' music!)

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

6 minutes ago, BigAlMc said:

Yeah, I heard the Hegel demo at the Bristol show and it was really good. (and they played 'real' music!)

It was great. They did a source switch to show the benefits of a better DAC into the same hegel integrated amp and unlike many demos for me, I heard an immediate gain. Really nice chaps too!

45 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

There are no pictures, but Roon is coming out with two pieces of hardware that will run ROCK / RoonOS.

I'd be happy if someone made a simple fpga or arm based appliance that was the Roon Core  or ROCK OS HW. I'm not interested in i7 pcs for huge upsample with HQ player. 

4 minutes ago, m5sime said:

I'd be happy if someone made a simple fpga or arm based appliance that was the Roon Core  or ROCK OS HW. I'm not interested in i7 pcs for huge upsample with HQ player. 

Roon's database is far too complex to be handled by a simple processor or fpga.  Nevermind DSPing etc that is done on the Core.

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

1 minute ago, Dr Tone said:

Roon's database is far too complex to be handled by a simple processor or fpga.

Shame! Although I assume arm cores can be pretty powerful. I realise Roon is perfect for heavy user requirements nut I'm only interested in the best cloud music streaming so perhaps overkill for that (ie almost no local library)