IGNORED

Munich High End Show 2017

7 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

it uses an old Apple TV remote?

Lots of companies use the Apple remote: cheap, durable, simple, looks good.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

02f5e312c246ac71240b60824649a47e00e4a5ee Mytek Brooklyn AMP Makes Class-D Relevant  

f422f9d14fecc9e1b4ff75efff9d0eeeba7a24ad

Munich

Munich HIGHEND: Hall 2 E08

###

2e41184249423f92a104e2ece1d219b9c46d02bf

Any info on what Class D tech it is using?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

I would love to see the AVM room, especially the new AVM MP30 media player which I have pre-ordered in February. Hopefully delivery will take place late June or early July. I have the AVM V30 preamp in my setup since January and I am so totally satisfied with it. Great piece of equipment for a very reasonable price (here in The Netherlands at least).

Stereo: Mac Mini i7 2011 • Roon • Tidal • Cambridge CXC • Esoteric D-07 • Hypex nCore 400 • Dynaudio S 3.4 LE • Surround: in the car

Dynaudio unveiled their "Special 40" anniversary model today at the High End.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/special-forty/special-forty

https://www.whathifi.com/news/dynaudio-launches-special-forty-stereo-speakers

I'm quite underwhelmed. It's like a reissue of the Special 25, just a bit smaller and cheaper, and in line with the Special One made in the 1990s.

I expected something more "special" ..., like the Facette or Sapphire.

Claude

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Constellation Audio Leo. This this is fabulous. The sound quality is so good and the design is great. Much more to come about this one.

P.S. The price won't be crazy, I'm told. 

IMG_20170518_121257.jpg

IMG_20170518_123135.jpg

active speakers?  it's hard to tell from the photo.

15 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

I have an appointment at the Ayre booth on Friday morning and will report later that day.

Looking forward to reading it.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

1 hour ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Elac A[d]ante floorstanding speakers and new audio alchemy / elac electronics (I believe only the chassis is new). 

I'd love to hear these. I wish they were made in North America, Japan or EU.

Roon ROCK (Roon 1.7; NUC7i3) > Ayre QB-9 Twenty > Ayre AX-5 Twenty > Thiel CS2.4SE (crossovers rebuilt with Clarity CSA and Multicap RTX caps, Mills MRA-12 resistors; ERSE and Jantzen coils; Cardas binding posts and hookup wire); Cardas and OEM power cables, interconnects, and speaker cables

1 hour ago, CatManDo said:

Dynaudio unveiled their "Special 40" anniversary model today at the High End.

https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/special-forty/special-forty

https://www.whathifi.com/news/dynaudio-launches-special-forty-stereo-speakers

I'm quite underwhelmed. It's like a reissue of the Special 25, just a bit smaller and cheaper, and in line with the Special One made in the 1990s.

I expected something more "special" ..., like the Facette or Sapphire.

I believe there's actually quite a bit more to the speakers than you may think. I was talking to Dynaudio as your post came in (I actually showed them your comments). :~)

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

I'm digging this live-blog report from Munich, Chris! Maybe add a few details such as what we're looking at?

7 hours ago, Ralf11 said:

"Leo has a purer signal path than even many of the world’s most revered audio systems. Its Class D amplifiers use a special topology with ultra-high-frequency 600 kHz switching"

- GaN ??

GaN for Ghz switching , not mere sub MHz switching ... don't believe the koolaid ... 1ns switching times are off the shelf for power mosfets. The technical difficulty is preventing the Amp from blocking FM radio.

Custom room treatments for headphone users.

1 hour ago, jabbr said:

GaN for Ghz switching , not mere sub MHz switching ... don't believe the koolaid ... 1ns switching times are off the shelf for power mosfets. The technical difficulty is preventing the Amp from blocking FM radio.

do you happen to know the switching speed of the Technics amp which uses GaN

18 minutes ago, Ralf11 said:

do you happen to know the switching speed of the Technics amp which uses GaN

No but here: http://www.infineon.com/cms/en/product/promopages/gallium-nitride/#cascode

The advantages of GaN and SiC isn't purely switching speed but also "cleanness" at even lower switching frequencies. These are also used in Class A designs BTW ;) e.g.:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/229241-semisouth-boiler-room-64.html

Custom room treatments for headphone users.