IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

7 hours ago, pl_svn said:

question is: how/what do I need to stream Qobuz using the ultraRendu?

To stream Qobuz or Tidal you can use Bubbleupnp as renderer on an Android phone. It works great! Also works with Aries. So you can test it. 

wait... so... my phone will actually stream from Qobuz and send via wi-fi to the ultraRendu?

I thought BubbleUPnP on the Rendu would stream while the app on my phone/tablet is just the controller :|

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

1 minute ago, pl_svn said:

wait... so... my phone will actually stream from Qobuz and send to the ultraRendu?

I thought BubbleUPnP on the Rendu would stream while the app on my phone/tablet is just the controller :|

Sorry, I should have said Bubbleupnp is a control point. 

15 minutes ago, firedog said:

Sonore had the Rendu and Signature Rendu, which were discontinued. Maybe  they still have a Signature Rendu available you could buy.

Hi,

Thank you Firedog. Much appreciated. I did almost get the Signature, but then the mRendu struck!  I am more psyched about the latest devs with the micro line....  but Thank you.

On 5/14/2017 at 1:29 PM, noshortcuts said:
  On 5/14/2017 at 8:09 AM, alonwa said:

By the way, Hifiman offered an upgrade program whereby owners of the HE1000 could upgrade to v2 for $650 (not free, but also not $2999)

Which tells us, I think, that they want to keep customers happy but it also tells us something about how much their mark up is.

i just hope as an incentive for customer loyalty, that they'll consider some form of trade in for current MR holders (or something), because the value of our MR products will drop considerably  most likely once the ultra is released having come out in such a short period of time.

i want to support the company, too, don't get me wrong.

1 minute ago, canali said:

i just hope as an incentive for customer loyalty, that they'll consider some form of trade in for current MR holders (or something)

cause the value of our products will drop once the ultra is released having come out in such a short period of time.

I HIGHLY doubt they will as the µRendu will be a current product even after the release of the ultraRendu.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

34 minutes ago, canali said:

i just hope as an incentive for customer loyalty, that they'll consider some form of trade in for current MR holders (or something), because the value of our MR products will drop considerably  most likely once the ultra is released having come out in such a short period of time.

i want to support the company, too, don't get me wrong.

+1

On 5/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, jtwrace said:

I HIGHLY doubt they will as the µRendu will be a current product even after the release of the ultraRendu.  

Agreed, the µR has and continues to exceed my expectations.  Adding a new model to the lineup doesn't diminish that fact in any way (my primary interest in the sR is the form factor).  It's not like the µR failed to deliver in some way, large or small, that can only be addressed by purchasing a new and different model (which isn't an uncommon occurrence in the world of HiFi audio equipment).  The timely 2.5 OS update demonstrates that Sonore is committed to continuing to sell and support the current µR.

On 5/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it.

I would be interested - this seems like a tidy package, sometimes it's inconvenient the way the DC cable between LPS-1 and microRendu can scoot one or the other away from where you've put it - as long as:

• the joining faceplate can be fitted to an existing LPS-1 (since I already have several in the house); and
  • there's no sonic downside to tying these two devices' chassis electrical grounds, or indeed any vibration they might experience, together.
4 hours ago, jbm0 said:

I would be interested - this seems like a tidy package, sometimes it's inconvenient the way the DC cable between LPS-1 and microRendu can scoot one or the other away from where you've put it - as long as:

• the joining faceplate can be fitted to an existing LPS-1 (since I already have several in the house); and
  • there's no sonic downside to tying these two devices' chassis electrical grounds, or indeed any vibration they might experience, together.

Heck, I'd be happy with a bracket that wrapped around the curved edges of the LPS-1 and sR.  Just include the 3D design file with purchase and I'll have it printed at our local 3D printshop in my color and material of choice.  My AE2 powered speakers are mounted to the wall above my desk with 3D printed brackets using an open source design posted online.

I'm a little concerned that coupling the ultraRendu and the LPS-1 together will result in heat issues. 

Or is this no concern?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 minutes ago, mrvco said:

I wouldn't think so as long as they aren't sitting directly one upon the other.  Not that I check very often, but when I have checked, my LPS-1 and µR barely get warm to the touch.

Wow, really?  Mine are both almost hot, and my 9v/2A iPower energizing the LPS-1 is even hotter.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Yes, my LPS-1 is pretty hot, you can hold your hand on it and it does not burn, so nothing to worry about, but it's hot enough to make you think your hand might slowly cook.  My LPS-1 is also powering the USB input of a Mutec, so it's at the upper end of current draw.  

I agree that the 'side by side' configuration should be fine, heat rises.  So stacking is not so good.

Windows 11 PC, Roon, HQPlayer, Focus Fidelity convolutions, iFi Zen Stream, Paul Hynes SR4, Mutec REF10, Mutec MC3+USB, Devialet 1000Pro, KEF Blade.  Plus Pro-Ject Signature 12 TT for playing my 'legacy' vinyl collection. Desktop system; RME ADI-2 DAC fs, Meze Empyrean headphones.

35 minutes ago, Confused said:

Yes, my LPS-1 is pretty hot, you can hold your hand on it and it does not burn, so nothing to worry about, but it's hot enough to make you think your hand might slowly cook.  My LPS-1 is also powering the USB input of a Mutec, so it's at the upper end of current draw.  

I agree that the 'side by side' configuration should be fine, heat rises.  So stacking is not so good.

Yes mine is hot too. It's certainly not warm! My mR is hot also, but all seems to be working fine and sounding rather good at the moment I must say. My iFi 9v/2a is nowhere near as hot as the LPS..

43 minutes ago, Cool3r King said:

Yes mine is hot too. It's certainly not warm! My mR is hot also, but all seems to be working fine and sounding rather good at the moment I must say. My iFi 9v/2a is nowhere near as hot as the LPS..

I've read there are some possible concerns energizing the LPS-1 with the iFi 9v/2a (running very hot). Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but the Meanwell they sell with the LPS-1 seems to be more recommended by Uptone...believe I saw that in the Uptone/LPS-1 thread..

4 minutes ago, rlow said:

I've read there are some possible concerns energizing the LPS-1 with the iFi 9v/2a (running very hot). Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but the Meanwell they sell with the LPS-1 seems to be more recommended by Uptone...believe I saw that in the Uptone/LPS-1 thread..

Yes ive read those too. I have the meanwell and had been using it from the start. But someone suggested the iFi to help with a problem I had of the system being a little bright. The iFi seemed to improve things. I'll see how it goes and change back ar some point, see if it's all in my head..?

1 hour ago, Cool3r King said:

Yes ive read those too. I have the meanwell and had been using it from the start. But someone suggested the iFi to help with a problem I had of the system being a little bright. The iFi seemed to improve things. I'll see how it goes and change back ar some point, see if it's all in my head..?

The whole point of the LPS-1 design is that it's output is completely isolated from the energizing power supply, so I can't see how that would make a difference in SQ unless you took the iFi away from something else in the signal chain...

At anyrate I will cut this here, since this is a thread about the ultraRendu, not the LPS-1.

9 hours ago, rlow said:

The whole point of the LPS-1 design is that it's output is completely isolated from the energizing power supply, so I can't see how that would make a difference in SQ unless you took the iFi away from something else in the signal chain...

At anyrate I will cut this here, since this is a thread about the ultraRendu, not the LPS-1.

Agreed ??