Jump to content
vortecjr

Sonore ultraRendu

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

No. It's my opinion that mounting a USB drive to any endpoint will just add electrical noise to the unit and acoustic noise in the audio room. To solve this our operating system allows you to mount remotely shared drives via your network. For simplicity I would just use the DLNA/MPD output mode with a DLNA server.    

You would do this:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, pl_svn said:

question is: how/what do I need to stream Qobuz using the ultraRendu?

 

To stream Qobuz or Tidal you can use Bubbleupnp as renderer on an Android phone. It works great! Also works with Aries. So you can test it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wait... so... my phone will actually stream from Qobuz and send via wi-fi to the ultraRendu?

I thought BubbleUPnP on the Rendu would stream while the app on my phone/tablet is just the controller :|

Edited by pl_svn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pl_svn said:

wait... so... my phone will actually stream from Qobuz and send to the ultraRendu?

I thought BubbleUPnP on the Rendu would stream while the app on my phone/tablet is just the controller :|

Sorry, I should have said Bubbleupnp is a control point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, firedog said:

Sonore had the Rendu and Signature Rendu, which were discontinued. Maybe  they still have a Signature Rendu available you could buy.

Hi,

Thank you Firedog. Much appreciated. I did almost get the Signature, but then the mRendu struck!  I am more psyched about the latest devs with the micro line....  but Thank you.

Edited by Albrecht

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2017 at 1:29 PM, noshortcuts said:
  On 5/14/2017 at 8:09 AM, alonwa said:

By the way, Hifiman offered an upgrade program whereby owners of the HE1000 could upgrade to v2 for $650 (not free, but also not $2999)

Which tells us, I think, that they want to keep customers happy but it also tells us something about how much their mark up is.

 

 

i just hope as an incentive for customer loyalty, that they'll consider some form of trade in for current MR holders (or something), because the value of our MR products will drop considerably  most likely once the ultra is released having come out in such a short period of time.

  i want to support the company, too, don't get me wrong.

Edited by canali

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, canali said:

 

i just hope as an incentive for customer loyalty, that they'll consider some form of trade in for current MR holders (or something)

cause the value of our products will drop once the ultra is released having come out in such a short period of time.

I HIGHLY doubt they will as the µRendu will be a current product even after the release of the ultraRendu.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, canali said:

 

i just hope as an incentive for customer loyalty, that they'll consider some form of trade in for current MR holders (or something), because the value of our MR products will drop considerably  most likely once the ultra is released having come out in such a short period of time.

  i want to support the company, too, don't get me wrong.

 

+1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2017 at 6:36 PM, jtwrace said:

I HIGHLY doubt they will as the µRendu will be a current product even after the release of the ultraRendu.  

 

Agreed, the µR has and continues to exceed my expectations.  Adding a new model to the lineup doesn't diminish that fact in any way (my primary interest in the sR is the form factor).  It's not like the µR failed to deliver in some way, large or small, that can only be addressed by purchasing a new and different model (which isn't an uncommon occurrence in the world of HiFi audio equipment).  The timely 2.5 OS update demonstrates that Sonore is committed to continuing to sell and support the current µR.

Edited by mrvco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2017 at 2:49 PM, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it.

 

I would be interested - this seems like a tidy package, sometimes it's inconvenient the way the DC cable between LPS-1 and microRendu can scoot one or the other away from where you've put it - as long as:

  • the joining faceplate can be fitted to an existing LPS-1 (since I already have several in the house); and
  • there's no sonic downside to tying these two devices' chassis electrical grounds, or indeed any vibration they might experience, together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jbm0 said:

 

I would be interested - this seems like a tidy package, sometimes it's inconvenient the way the DC cable between LPS-1 and microRendu can scoot one or the other away from where you've put it - as long as:

  • the joining faceplate can be fitted to an existing LPS-1 (since I already have several in the house); and
  • there's no sonic downside to tying these two devices' chassis electrical grounds, or indeed any vibration they might experience, together.

 

Heck, I'd be happy with a bracket that wrapped around the curved edges of the LPS-1 and sR.  Just include the 3D design file with purchase and I'll have it printed at our local 3D printshop in my color and material of choice.  My AE2 powered speakers are mounted to the wall above my desk with 3D printed brackets using an open source design posted online.

Edited by mrvco

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a little concerned that coupling the ultraRendu and the LPS-1 together will result in heat issues. 

Or is this no concern?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't think so as long as they aren't sitting directly one upon the other.  Not that I check very often, but when I have checked, my LPS-1 and µR barely get warm to the touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mrvco said:

I wouldn't think so as long as they aren't sitting directly one upon the other.  Not that I check very often, but when I have checked, my LPS-1 and µR barely get warm to the touch.

Wow, really?  Mine are both almost hot, and my 9v/2A iPower energizing the LPS-1 is even hotter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, my LPS-1 is pretty hot, you can hold your hand on it and it does not burn, so nothing to worry about, but it's hot enough to make you think your hand might slowly cook.  My LPS-1 is also powering the USB input of a Mutec, so it's at the upper end of current draw.  

 

I agree that the 'side by side' configuration should be fine, heat rises.  So stacking is not so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Confused said:

Yes, my LPS-1 is pretty hot, you can hold your hand on it and it does not burn, so nothing to worry about, but it's hot enough to make you think your hand might slowly cook.  My LPS-1 is also powering the USB input of a Mutec, so it's at the upper end of current draw.  

 

I agree that the 'side by side' configuration should be fine, heat rises.  So stacking is not so good.

 

Yes mine is hot too. It's certainly not warm! My mR is hot also, but all seems to be working fine and sounding rather good at the moment I must say. My iFi 9v/2a is nowhere near as hot as the LPS..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Cool3r King said:

 

Yes mine is hot too. It's certainly not warm! My mR is hot also, but all seems to be working fine and sounding rather good at the moment I must say. My iFi 9v/2a is nowhere near as hot as the LPS..

 

I've read there are some possible concerns energizing the LPS-1 with the iFi 9v/2a (running very hot). Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but the Meanwell they sell with the LPS-1 seems to be more recommended by Uptone...believe I saw that in the Uptone/LPS-1 thread..

Edited by rlow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rlow said:

 

I've read there are some possible concerns energizing the LPS-1 with the iFi 9v/2a (running very hot). Not sure if this is a bad thing or not, but the Meanwell they sell with the LPS-1 seems to be more recommended by Uptone...believe I saw that in the Uptone/LPS-1 thread..

 

Yes ive read those too. I have the meanwell and had been using it from the start. But someone suggested the iFi to help with a problem I had of the system being a little bright. The iFi seemed to improve things. I'll see how it goes and change back ar some point, see if it's all in my head..😂

Edited by Cool3r King

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cool3r King said:

 

Yes ive read those too. I have the meanwell and had been using it from the start. But someone suggested the iFi to help with a problem I had of the system being a little bright. The iFi seemed to improve things. I'll see how it goes and change back ar some point, see if it's all in my head..😂

 

The whole point of the LPS-1 design is that it's output is completely isolated from the energizing power supply, so I can't see how that would make a difference in SQ unless you took the iFi away from something else in the signal chain...

 

At anyrate I will cut this here, since this is a thread about the ultraRendu, not the LPS-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rlow said:

 

The whole point of the LPS-1 design is that it's output is completely isolated from the energizing power supply, so I can't see how that would make a difference in SQ unless you took the iFi away from something else in the signal chain...

 

At anyrate I will cut this here, since this is a thread about the ultraRendu, not the LPS-1.

 

Agreed 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was thinking something along these lines, was going to try and have this made or print it, haven't had time. Dunno

mU_Lps_BKT.thumb.JPG.9f3659da864b3aa1c2b34ec816fcedc4.JPG

Edited by Foggie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×