IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

@Em2016

Maybe these guys, whoever they are, is developing something that can be looked upon as a new standard ?

Like Ethernet is for data, so is USB. SPDIF is just to old to cover up.

It may use the HMDI cable as medium, it may not.

But whatever is passing through the wires, it's pure digital audio and clock signals, and maybe 12 VDC......

Maybe the cable has small secrets and compensations as well...

Now that's another platform I would say :D

Just imaging what would you do if you could start from scratch.

I think someone already has done that exercise.

I have a question, because I have read that the Ultra Rendu needs to be compatible with the DACS in order to stream the full range of audio formats. I am currently owner of a MYTEK192DSD dac and plan to by the new OPPO 205 4K player. Can the Ultra Rendu stream DSD128 to my MYTEK DAC? And how does it work with the new OPPO 205 - the latter can take DSD512 through the USB DAC built in. I wonder if the Ultra Rendu can stream DSD512 to the OPPO? 

Answers would be very much appreciated!

Hello there. Can someone support me with ultrarendu connection to mac with secured network. I want to use it in the office, where we use proxy and other restrictions.

Im connecting uR directly to macbook, also i have network via wifi, but i cant create bridge, due to network restrictions.

In home setup i use linux and dhcp server, so uR gets IP address and visible to Roon even without internet connection. I want to do the same in the office. Anyone knows how to setup dhcp server on mac, which will provide IP to uR and make it visible to Roon, which is also installed on this macbook?

ps. for sonore guys, it will be great if you provide manual IP fill in (without internet connection) for your product, it will reduce possible complexity in such situations or when you dont want to have internet in listening room.

dCS Network Bridge | Audio Note DAC2 Signature | Audio Note M5 Preamp | Audio Note Empress Silver Monoblocks | Audio Note AN-E/Spe HE Speakers

4 hours ago, Rasmussen said:

I have a question, because I have read that the Ultra Rendu needs to be compatible with the DACS in order to stream the full range of audio formats. I am currently owner of a MYTEK192DSD dac and plan to by the new OPPO 205 4K player. Can the Ultra Rendu stream DSD128 to my MYTEK DAC? And how does it work with the new OPPO 205 - the latter can take DSD512 through the USB DAC built in. I wonder if the Ultra Rendu can stream DSD512 to the OPPO? 

The only way to support the Mytek Stereo 192/DSD DAC is via a microRendu with 2.3. The only way to get it is to order it and then request that it come with 2.3 via email.

The OPPO 205 is supported on the micro/ultraRendu with 2.5. All new units ship with 2.5 preinstalled. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

27 minutes ago, Cooler said:

Hello there. Can someone support me with ultrarendu connection to mac with secured network. I want to use it in the office, where we use proxy and other restrictions.

Im connecting uR directly to macbook, also i have network via wifi, but i cant create bridge, due to network restrictions.

In home setup i use linux and dhcp server, so uR gets IP address and visible to Roon even without internet connection. I want to do the same in the office. Anyone knows how to setup dhcp server on mac, which will provide IP to uR and make it visible to Roon, which is also installed on this macbook?

ps. for sonore guys, it will be great if you provide manual IP fill in (without internet connection) for your product, it will reduce possible complexity in such situations or when you dont want to have internet in listening room.

The unit has been designed with internet access as a requirement. This is what we have for instructions for connecting directly to a Mac:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27933-sonicorbiter-direct-connection-to-a-macpc-beta/

2 hours ago, vortecjr said:

The only way to support the Mytek Stereo 192/DSD DAC is via a microRendu with 2.3. The only way to get it is to order it and then request that it come with 2.3 via email.

The OPPO 205 is supported on the micro/ultraRendu with 2.5. All new units ship with 2.5 preinstalled. 

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/26758-sonicorbiter-native-dsd-support/

Thanks so much for this excellent and informative answer. I presume the OPPO 205 is then supported up to DSD512....?

7 hours ago, Rasmussen said:

Thanks so much for this excellent and informative answer. I presume the OPPO 205 is then supported up to DSD512....?

You will have to try it to find out. I can't tell you your computer and network will support that rate.

1 hour ago, Rasmussen said:

I understand - but I presume the Ultrarendu will not be the restrictive factor in the setup.....

From the Sonore website:

SOFTWARE FEATURES

• Supports the following PCM sample rates up to: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz, 352.8kHz, 384kHz, 705.6kHz, and 768kHz
  • Supports the following DSD sample rates up to: DSD64, DSD128, DSD256, DSD512
  • POP free DSD/PCM transitions
  • Not all USB devices or output modes support the maximum sample rate of the unit
  • RoonReady certified
  • Running Logitech Media Server locally allows playback of local radio stations and streaming service
  • Logitech Media Server allows you to use the unit as a UPNP server in combination with Drive Mounter
  • The Software Manager that allows you to install and uninstall apps as needed
  • BubbleUPNP Server app allows any renderer to take advantage of the OhMedia - OpenHome protocol
  • OhMedia - OpenHome protocol allows the Linn Kinsky and Linn Kazoo Apps with playlist support to be used as controllers
  • Supports Tidal and Qobuz lossless streaming in Squeezelite output mode and DLNA output mode
  • Native DSD is supported on select DACs
  • The unit is controlled via third party apps on your mobile device and on your computer
  • Based on Sonicorbiter 2.5 released on 4/20/2017, closed source and open source (GPLv2)

BPT 3.5 Ultra/Reference 3A Reflectors/MSB Technology S201 Amplifier/MSB Technology Analog DAC/MSB Technology Network Renderer/Audirvana +

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Very interested in the UltraRendu, but before I make the purchase, I wanted to see if anyone has had problems getting it to work with a Benchmark DAC3? I have used other things with that DAC, to include a Regen and PS Audio LANRover, and they work sporadically if not at all.

Also, will the UltraRendu need any specific usb drivers to make this work?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I am considering purchasing an ultraRendu to use with Roon.  I plan to use it initially with my Oppo 105 as the DAC for now, and I plan to purchase a Brooklyn DAC+ later this year.   My content is mostly CD rips, 24/96 and SACD rips to DSFs.  Also Tidal.   I would like to have support for native DSD when I get the Brooklyn (I know this is not possible on the Oppo).  

Does the ultraRendu fully support both of these DACs?  Are there any limitations I should be aware of?

Thanks.

On 12/15/2017 at 10:05 PM, zettelsm said:

Outstanding customer service should be recognized:

I was having a problem with playing native files via my Sonore ultraRendu music streamer to my Playback Designs Merlot DAC. I could play DSD64 and DSD128 files via DoP, but since my DAC tops out at 384kHz PCM, the only way I could play my DSD256 files was by down-sampling them to DSD128 and using DoP.

I mentioned this not too long ago to Jesus R of Sonore, Andrew G of Small Green Computer, and Andreas Koch of Playback Designs and they began collaborating on a fix for the ultraRendu not playing DSD files natively via the ultraRendu.

Well, a half hour ago Jesus logged onto my network via TeamViewer and installed a firmware patch in the ultraRendu operating system.

I'm now able to play DSD all the way up to the capability of the DAC (DSD256) natively via Roon, Roon/HQPlayer and HQPlayer by itself.

This was a problem that had to affect only a tiny number of ultraRendu/Playback Designs Merlot DAC users, maybe only me. And it really wasn’t a big deal in the scheme of things. I could still play DSD files in their native resolution via DoP to DSD128, and play my handful of DSD256 files by down-sampling to DSD128, so it wasn’t like I couldn’t enjoy my music.

Not only did these three men take time out of their busy days to work this out, but instead of waiting until the next firmware update as he easily could have, Jesus took the time to install the patch on my ultraRendu and made sure I got it working. Yeah, you could say he needed to see if it would work and I was his beta tester, but still this kind of customer service is pretty rare outside of the small business/one man show-sized audio companies. And the one man shows have got to have the highest demands on the time of that one man of any business scenario.

I can’t speak highly enough of Jesus', Andrew’s and Andreas' customer service. Truly outstanding.

Steve Z

I spent a lot of time on these forums prior to making my decision of Sonore vs SOtM. Comments like these helped me make up my mind. My ultrarendu is shipping...hope to have it tomorrow. Moving from an Allo USBridge with IFI 9v PSB to Ultrarendu with Sbooster...hoping for big changes!

Cheers!

58 minutes ago, Chiller said:

I spent a lot of time on these forums prior to making my decision of Sonore vs SOtM. Comments like these helped me make up my mind. My ultrarendu is shipping...hope to have it tomorrow. Moving from an Allo USBridge with IFI 9v PSB to Ultrarendu with Sbooster...hoping for big changes!

Cheers!

edit - IFI is 5 VDC

On 05/01/2018 at 3:01 AM, Rasmussen said:

At least DSD 256. My transporter i5 does not go over it! I am also using a 2Qute. It's a better DAC but for a smaller margin...

Jensen VRD-iFF>Router>Rj45>opticalModule>
SFP>Buffalo2016>SFP>opticalModule >Rj45>

IZen Mk3>Rj45> Delock62619>Rj45>
etherRegen (Master Clock+ Mini-Circuits BLP)>SFP>opticalRendu>USB>IsoRegen>

USB>Phoenix>USB>OPPO 205 (Modded)>HMS “the Perfect Match”>Proac Tablette Reference 8 Signature.

20 hours ago, HeavyMetalDrummer said:

I am considering purchasing an ultraRendu to use with Roon.  I plan to use it initially with my Oppo 105 as the DAC for now, and I plan to purchase a Brooklyn DAC+ later this year.   My content is mostly CD rips, 24/96 and SACD rips to DSFs.  Also Tidal.   I would like to have support for native DSD when I get the Brooklyn (I know this is not possible on the Oppo).  

Does the ultraRendu fully support both of these DACs?  Are there any limitations I should be aware of?

Thanks.

For native DSD Oppo and Brooklyn are supported. The Brooklyn+ will be supported with the next update.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi -

Sorry if this is not the right place. Just received a SonicOrbiter 2.5 OS card, I ordered it because I fried the original 2.5 card I got with my new ultraRendu. So the ultraRendu boots again and everything appears fine - except it is identified in MySonciOrbiter and in Room as a microRendu. How can I fix it so my ultraRendu is properly identified? I'm comfortable with ssh etc if that is required to adjust a config file or something.

TIA.

--[br]Regards,[br]pscreed

1 hour ago, pscreed said:

Hi -

Sorry if this is not the right place. Just received a SonicOrbiter 2.5 OS card, I ordered it because I fried the original 2.5 card I got with my new ultraRendu. So the ultraRendu boots again and everything appears fine - except it is identified in MySonciOrbiter and in Room as a microRendu. How can I fix it so my ultraRendu is properly identified? I'm comfortable with ssh etc if that is required to adjust a config file or something.

TIA.

So I checked out my order receipt and I got what I ordered of course - I ordered the wrong thing. I guess my real question is how can I get a 2.5 card for my ultraRendu to replace the one I fried?

Thanks.

6 hours ago, pscreed said:

So I checked out my order receipt and I got what I ordered of course - I ordered the wrong thing. I guess my real question is how can I get a 2.5 card for my ultraRendu to replace the one I fried?

Thanks.

Contact Andrew via the Small Green Computer website on Monday and ask him to log into the unit and sort it out. 

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

Contact Andrew via the Small Green Computer website on Monday and ask him to log into the unit and sort it out. 

Thanks really appreciate the quick response, I will do as you say tomorrow.

I am considering purchasing the uR. Will it work with a Naim DAC V1 fed by a Mac Mini with HQ Player with files stored in a Synology NAS?

Besides HQ Player, I also subscribe to Apple Music. How will all these work with the uR? Do I install the uR between the Mac and the DAC and still run HQP and Apple Music with the Mac? Can the uR replace the Mac if I install some server app on the Synology? Would that sound better?

i am also planning to get a ISO Regen with LPS1. Will that be installed between the uR and the DAC?

i would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

2 hours ago, GaryY said:

I am considering purchasing the uR. Will it work with a Naim DAC V1 fed by a Mac Mini with HQ Player with files stored in a Synology NAS?

Besides HQ Player, I also subscribe to Apple Music. How will all these work with the uR? Do I install the uR between the Mac and the DAC and still run HQP and Apple Music with the Mac? Can the uR replace the Mac if I install some server app on the Synology? Would that sound better?

i am also planning to get a ISO Regen with LPS1. Will that be installed between the uR and the DAC?

i would appreciate any advice. Thanks.

I see no issues with using the uR with the Naim gear. For Apple Music you would need to use the Shairport output mode. You install the uR on your network. HQ Player would stream to the uR using the NAA output mode. You can replace Mac as the server if you use the Synology’s DiscStation DLNA server. Ill,leave the sound quality comparisons up to you. The ISO Regen would be redundant.

1 hour ago, vortecjr said:

I see no issues with using the uR with the Naim gear. For Apple Music you would need to use the Shairport output mode. You install the uR on your network. HQ Player would stream to the uR using the NAA output mode. You can replace Mac as the server if you use the Synology’s DiscStation DLNA server. Ill,leave the sound quality comparisons up to you. The ISO Regen would be redundant.

Thanks for your advice. If I understand you correctly, the ISO Regen would be redundant once the Mac is removed and the uR is connected between the Synology and DAC.

Should I decide to keep the Mac in the chain, would it be Mac to uR to IR to DAC. Any advantage to doing that?