IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

19 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it. 

image.png

that would mean 2 versions, one with ultracap and one without?

28 minutes ago, canali said:

so aside from the aesthetic changes  this product has been out only one yr, it's not inexpensive, and yet we're being prompted to shell out cash again for an upgrade..whatever happened to 2 yr product cycles at the min with firmware upgrade, if possible, to lessen costs?

we're not talking a hundred bucks or so here.

and sure we all like progress and are willing to pay for such (as any of can attest on here with our rigs).

but releasing 'new and improved' products too soon, most esp on $$$ items, just as hifiman or audeze with their v2 revisions (read:  to many it smacks of a cash grab) have done far too often, doesn't build customer loyalty and trust in my books.

do i sound a bit cynical?

I think this is more than cosmetic changes (just not explained till later, per one of Jesus's previous reply) and will have significantly different internal hardware with enhanced audio characteristics than the microRendu.  It sounds like the microRendu will stay in their product lineup as the "middle tier" above the Sonicorbiter SE. And because of the enhancements, the new ultraRendu will likely be more expensive product. 

Offering different tiers of hardware that launch at different times is completely typical in the audio industry...this 2 year cycle thing you mention is something Apple created/popularized, and many manufactures (most I'd say) do not follow this...they go with what makes sense for their business.

48 minutes ago, canali said:

so aside from the aesthetic changes  this product has been out only one yr, it's not inexpensive, and yet we're being prompted to shell out cash again for an upgrade..whatever happened to 2 yr product cycles at the min with firmware upgrade, if possible, to lessen costs?

we're not talking a hundred bucks or so here.

and sure we all like progress and are willing to pay for such (as any of can attest on here with our rigs).

but releasing 'new and improved' products too soon, most esp on $$$ items, just as hifiman or audeze with their v2 revisions (read:  to many it smacks of a cash grab) have done far too often, doesn't build customer loyalty and trust in my books.

do i sound a bit cynical?

By the way, Hifiman offered an upgrade program whereby owners of the HE1000 could upgrade to v2 for $650 (not free, but also not $2999)

2 hours ago, Bones13 said:

Looks like a fun extension of the microRendu. Having just made DIY power cables for the LPS-1 and microRendu, obtained a Curious Cable short USB cable, and updated to 2.5? I will probably sit this one out for now, and see how the reviews look after the initial burst.

Hi @Bones13

Not to hijack this thread (as like many I'm licking my lips and ignoring the worry emanating from my wallet at the ultraRendu [and/or the IsoTek Regen]) but specs, details and well availability of both are still pending. So meantime can I ask for details on the DIY power cables for the LPS-1 and microrendu? 

As mentioned, I don't want to hijack this thread so if you don't mind just pointing towards the right thread or PMing me if there isn't one. 

Many Thanks, 

Alan 

PS - Jesus / Alex - I'm following both respective threads with a view to incorporating more of your respective firms magic into my system. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out but meantime keep up the great work! 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

45 minutes ago, Al Jones said:

Yes, you definitely sound cynical.

As a retiree living on a fixed income, I am no longer able to chase the latest new thing without giving it a lot of thought, but that does not stop me from appreciating that technology moves on, with or without me.

You are not "being prompted to shell out cash again." You are being offered a (presumably) superior product, if you so choose and have the cash.

Basically, what I am hearing sounds like sour grapes. "2 yr product cycles" is an outmoded business model that is irrelevant to small, effective operations such as Uptone or Sonore, that don't have to offload tons of stock in order to recoup heavy marketing investments, before they can offer the fruits of new developments.

As the satisfied owner of two Uptone LPS-1 and two microrendu, I will gladly invest in an ultrarendu at around $1,000 simply because music and sound quality are high priorities in my life. If the price is prohibitive, I can live happily with my current gear without begrudging those who can afford it the pleasure of the ultrarendu.

lol...well you're totally wrong on that (my being cynical)...many firms still work hard to make significant and real progress (Chord, iFi, AQ, etc, etx) but they're not upgrading the mojo or hugo or dragonfly or micro idsd every 9mo-12 or so are they?

but that said, i do see your point that neither uptone nor sonore have the financial clout (against the companies that i mentioned) and so perhaps need to survive with more rapid releases and upgrades....but financially it just doesn't work for my budget (and i'm sure many others, too).

26 minutes ago, Al Jones said:

I will gladly invest in an ultrarendu at around $1,000 simply

10 minutes ago, firedog said:

m sort of thinking the prices on the used market for the mR aren't going to be too good, as lots of them are going to be on the market when the Ultra comes out. 

You guys are killing me.:S

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

16 hours ago, Middy said:

Good luck with the new Rendu Jesus..it already looks great...

?

Don't envy the insane number of Email the next few weeks though. ..

Alex C had to pretend he was in Hawaii for a rest.....?

That is so funny. No worries I have friends pitching in. 

1 hour ago, Al Jones said:

Yes, you definitely sound cynical.

As a retiree living on a fixed income, I am no longer able to chase the latest new thing without giving it a lot of thought, but that does not stop me from appreciating that technology moves on, with or without me.

You are not "being prompted to shell out cash again." You are being offered a (presumably) superior product, if you so choose and have the cash.

Basically, what I am hearing sounds like sour grapes. "2 yr product cycles" is an outmoded business model that is irrelevant to small, effective operations such as Uptone or Sonore, that don't have to offload tons of stock in order to recoup heavy marketing investments, before they can offer the fruits of new developments.

As the satisfied owner of two Uptone LPS-1 and two microrendu, I will gladly invest in an ultrarendu at around $1,000 simply because music and sound quality are high priorities in my life. If the price is prohibitive, I can live happily with my current gear without begrudging those who can afford it the pleasure of the ultrarendu.

My thoughts exactly...

no-mqa-sm.jpg

Boycott HDtracks

Boycott Lenbrook

Boycott Warner Music Group

Thanks @R1200CL

And likewise to @Bones13for the PM. 

Hope I didn't disrupt this thread too much! 

Cheers, 

Alan 

Synergistic Research Powercell UEF SE > Sonore OpticalModule (LPS-1.2 & DXP-1A5DSC) > EtherRegen (SR4T & DXP-1A5DSC) > (Sablon 2020 LAN) Innuos PhoenixNet > Muon Streaming System > Grimm Audio MU1 server > (Sablon AES) Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC > PS Audio M1200 monoblocks > Salk Sound Supercharged Songtowers

6 hours ago, vortecjr said:

It's not going to wagg or bend unless you get all bionic man on it. You might get even more emails now:)

Having had REGENs and LPS-1 units come back where people had literally torn the USB or DC jacks off the circuit boards, I don't take user gentleness for granted. :/

As for the e-mails:  I'll just redirect my entire e-mail account to you.  xD

Interesting announcement...although not enough, as yet, to whet my appetite. My setup sounds soooo good with mR/LPS-1, I can't imagine how it could get 'much' better.

Main System: NAS or QOBUZ > BlueSound Node 2i > Schiit Gungnir MultiBit > PYST XLR > Schiit Mjolnir 2 or Gilmore Lite MK2

Office System: iMac > Audirvana > Schiit EITR + Audiophonics LPS25 > Metrum FLINT NOS DAC (DAC TWO chips) > Schiit Magni 3+ > Aeon Flow Open

Loudspeaker System: NAIM Muso Gen 2

7 hours ago, Forehaven said:

Cool news.  Any plans for an upgrade path from the uR to the UuR?

On the software side we have already started the upgrade process on the microRendu to Sonicorbiter 2.5. Unfortunately, on the hardware side the only common parts are the processor board and uSD card so it doesn't really make sense to do anything in that regard.

7 hours ago, BigAlMc said:

Hi @Bones13

Not to hijack this thread (as like many I'm licking my lips and ignoring the worry emanating from my wallet at the ultraRendu [and/or the IsoTek Regen]) but specs, details and well availability of both are still pending. So meantime can I ask for details on the DIY power cables for the LPS-1 and microrendu? 

As mentioned, I don't want to hijack this thread so if you don't mind just pointing towards the right thread or PMing me if there isn't one. 

Many Thanks, 

Alan 

PS - Jesus / Alex - I'm following both respective threads with a view to incorporating more of your respective firms magic into my system. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out but meantime keep up the great work! 

Thanks....much appreciated. 

question that doesn't require, hopefully, you anticipate anything about the ultraRendu:

so far I've been using an Aries both as Roon endpoint and to stream Qobuz. all I have to do is launch either Roon or Lightning DS on my iPad: no tinkering with web UI nor other apps involved

unfortunately they're now doing, with an upcoming firmware, something my tubes pre/ampli do not like 9_9

question is: how/what do I need to stream Qobuz using the ultraRendu?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

19 hours ago, spacexpert said:

"MPD...USB...built in Drive Mounter application"

It has USB attached hard drive support like the SMS-200?  Or am I misunderstanding? 

No. It's my opinion that mounting a USB drive to any endpoint will just add electrical noise to the unit and acoustic noise in the audio room. To solve this our operating system allows you to mount remotely shared drives via your network. For simplicity I would just use the DLNA/MPD output mode with a DLNA server.    

1 minute ago, vortecjr said:

No. It's my opinion that mounting a USB drive to any endpoint will just add electrical noise to the unit and acoustic noise in the audio room. To solve this our operating system allows you to mount remotely shared drives via your network. For simplicity I would just use the DLNA/MPD output mode with a DLNA server.    

You would do this:

https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forums/topic/27851-sonicorbiter-tidalqobuz-setup-with-openhome/