IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Just now, thyname said:

Let me guess... your question is: does it cure cancer? :P

Nah, I'm simple, when can I pre-order it should be all of our questions.  It's audio, price doesn't matter.  :P:D

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

7 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

If you follow Jesus instructions in first post, you will get a reply which tells you the answers. 

But it as usual, if you post it publicly, the product will not be available ?

(But at least you will have the answer)

I certainly read Jesus' initial post. Other than the visual differences in design and ports, and some vague technical description, there was nothing on my two questions.

3 minutes ago, thyname said:

I certainly read Jesus' initial post. Other than the visual differences in design and ports, and some vague technical description, there was nothing on my two questions.

I don't know how to read...I just like pictures.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

So case changes, but also this: "The ultraRendu utilizes a new proprietary printed circuit board with only the essential components and some updates to match its ultra designation." 

Anymore details about this??

5 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Seeing the ultraRendu next to the UltraCAP leaves me wanting to combine them in a nicer way. As such, I have an idea for a custom faceplate that allows you to mount both and have them look as one in your audio rack. Please provide feedback here so I can gauge interest in it. 

image.png

Would rather have 1 big enclosure and connect the boards directly inside. Optional, of course.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

5 hours ago, spacexpert said:

It has USB attached hard drive support like the SMS-200?  Or am I misunderstanding? 

This option requires a USB drive with your content in combination with the built in Drive Mounter application.

How I understand it, the answer is yes ?

Of cause with optional seperate LPS1-1 power ?

12 hours ago, paulinus said:

Could you please declare price level that we can gauge interest in it.

Since MicroRendu still will be offered, and this is meant to be an upgrade, I'm afraid it will be quite expensive, but hopefully cheaper than the Korean option. 

However what I'm hoping for is a price reduction on the MicroRendu, maybe just below sms-200 price, and the new ultra well below $700, or in any case not more than the new sms-200 ultra, which price is still unknown I think.

Also I think they can take a chance of order bigger quantities than before, which also hopefully will reflect a lower price.

Then next year there will be an ISO regen Ultra with a very expensive clock ?

14 hours ago, pl_svn said:

so... no joy for those who prefer an USB hard apter? :(

I wouldn't say that you can't use the hard adapter. Understand though that the unit is a bigger and heaver and it may not be appropriate to hang off the back of a DAC. I'm sure there will be circumstances where you can use it, but I'll leave that up to you. We will not supply the el cheapo adapter, but will continue to offer the Cardas adapter. 

2 minutes ago, vortecjr said:

I wouldn't say that you can't use the hard adapter. Understand though that the unit is a bigger and heaver and it may not be appropriate to hang off the back of a DAC

I'm not thinking about hanging the ultraRendu behind my DAC but about connecting it via an UpTone's USPCB to an Audiophilleo, both on a solid surface ;)

wether or not I will be able to do it... depends on clearance between the ethernet, USB and power plugs and ethernet plugs, usually... don't help here :(

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

13 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

I'm not thinking about hanging the ultraRendu behind my DAC but about connecting it via an UpTone's USPCB to an Audiophilleo, both on a solid surface ;)

wether or not I will be able to do it... depends on clearance between the ethernet, USB and power plugs and ethernet plugs, usually... don't help here :(

Sound like a plan. 

15 minutes ago, pl_svn said:

How do you then connect the Audiophilleo to the dac? In my system I would need a cable to run from Audiophilleo to the dac. I still don't know what is the most expensive cable - a usb or a digital cable. 

13 hours ago, Superdad said:

a) The case series is not available taller or with two sets of PCB slide-in grooves;

b) Due to both heat (and potential EMI radiation, you would not want the boards to be one above the other.

Jesus' concept is that the faceplate would join two separate extruded enclosures (both same as LPS-1's current case); There is no super-wide extruded case that matches the faceplate he pictured (hence the two screw holes in the middle as you see).

I have told him I am okay with it if he feels there is demand or an advantage (maybe we can work a deal of some sort), but I do think we would either need to have a similar custom back plate made or that a small brace/bridge piece be made to join the two cases at the back.  Otherwise I worry that wagging/bending could occur if joined only at the face.

--Alex C.

P.S.  I am sure glad to see this finally brought in the open.  I got tired of nosey e-mails attempting to pry info out of me about Sonore's microRendu follow-on plans. xD

It's not going to wagg or bend unless you get all bionic man on it. You might get even more emails now:)

Looks like a fun extension of the microRendu. Having just made DIY power cables for the LPS-1 and microRendu, obtained a Curious Cable short USB cable, and updated to 2.5? I will probably sit this one out for now, and see how the reviews look after the initial burst.

i do like the concept behind having the microRendu close to the DAC.

The next concept up from that unified baseplate could be a 17 inch unit that would support the DAC over the ultraRendu + LPS-1 units. Just an upside down "u" shape, or a complete rectangle. The point would be to be able to place the ultraRendu's USB port right under the USB port of the DAC. Of course this shelf would not have the units bolted on. This shelf would also work for the microRendu, and the (upcoming) ultraRendu.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

11 hours ago, vortecjr said:

poster: How big a jump in sound quality from the microRendu is this?

Jesus: I think you will be pleased.

so aside from the aesthetic changes  this product has been out only one yr, it's not inexpensive, and yet we're being prompted to shell out cash again for an upgrade..whatever happened to 2 yr product cycles at the min with firmware upgrade, if possible, to lessen costs?

we're not talking a hundred bucks or so here.

and sure we all like progress and are willing to pay for such (as any of can attest on here with our rigs).

but releasing 'new and improved' products too soon, most esp on $$$ items, just as hifiman or audeze with their v2 revisions (read:  to many it smacks of a cash grab) have done far too often, doesn't build customer loyalty and trust in my books.

do i sound a bit cynical?