IGNORED

Sonore ultraRendu v1.3

Jesus, do you know when/if you'll be able to fix the Linux bug that keeps me from using 512?  spring/su-1/mr setup.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

I decided to order the V1.4 update (at Vortexbox) instead for the ultraRendu - mainly for two reasons:

- I can use the upgraded microRendu with an USPCB adapter which is better than most USB-cables (maybe better than all) and costs very little.

- I don´t have to sell my MicroRendu at the same time others will do to get funds for their new ultraRendu.

52 minutes ago, Forehaven said:

Jesus, do you know when/if you'll be able to fix the Linux bug that keeps me from using 512?  spring/su-1/mr setup.

+1. Asked this same question a few posts back.  Note the issue prevents playing native DSD through the SU-1.  DoP works.  There is a patch to the kernal available for a while now but I have not been able to get confirmation that it has been adopted by the mr.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

1 hour ago, yellowblue said:

I decided to order the V1.4 update (at Vortexbox) instead for the ultraRendu - mainly for two reasons:

- I can use the upgraded microRendu with an USPCB adapter which is better than most USB-cables (maybe better than all) and costs very little.

- I don´t have to sell my MicroRendu at the same time others will do to get funds for their new ultraRendu.

Cool...having options was the intent.

58 minutes ago, tboooe said:

+1. Asked this same question a few posts back.  Note the issue prevents playing native DSD through the SU-1.  DoP works.  There is a patch to the kernal available for a while now but I have not been able to get confirmation that it has been adopted by the mr.

Sonicorbiter 2.5 has the updated code to support native DSD on the SU-1.  

Excuse if it is overstepping, I appreciate John's previous contribution about the upgraded design over MicroRendu. Is it possible for some detail on changes, if any, to the Ethernet receiver on the Ultrarendu? It seems upgraded clocking on Ethernet switch/receiver is also becoming a latest frontier upgrade for ethernet based renderer devices. It would be nice to hear the thoughts surrounding how and if this was addressed in the Ultra's design.

Thanks!

I don't condone modifying your home network gear. I rarely even promote things before or after the unit. From my point of view our gear is meant to connect to a router, a power supply, and a DAC. I'm not against people exploring things, but we need to keep focus and our focus is on a simple and elegant solution. Anyway, we have a new oscillator on the main board that is very good and it's in the drivers seat. Beyond that I'm not prepared to discuss the design at this time.

How much ampere can the ultraRendu output via its USB 5V when powered by a LPS-1?

I would like to connect an USB powered DAC which needs 0,6 Ampere, thát means 3VA. Possible?

Thanks

Matt

"I want to know why the musicians are on stage, not where". (John Farlowe)

39 minutes ago, Sloop John B said:

when are they likely to ship

Right on the web page where you added the ultraRendu to your cart, it says when shipping is estimated to start.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

15 hours ago, vortecjr said:

Anyway, we have a new oscillator on the main board that is very good and it's in the drivers seat. Beyond that I'm not prepared to discuss the design at this time.

When can we expect more details on the differences ? Its obvious that the UR will sound better than the microRendu but I would like to know what I am getting before I pull the trigger :-)

4 hours ago, Dev said:

When can we expect more details on the differences ? Its obvious that the UR will sound better than the microRendu but I would like to know what I am getting before I pull the trigger :-)

I don't think we are going to get many beyond what John and Jesus have already said. 

I imagine they aren't in the business of helping their competitors.

Beyond that, if I were a manufacturer, I would give lots of detail, as many silly audiophiles decide what a component sounds like based on a parts list, without hearing it.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

12 minutes ago, firedog said:

Beyond that, if I were a manufacturer, I would give lots of detail, as many silly audiophiles decide what a component sounds like based on a parts list, without hearing it.

So what is Sonore's return policy for anyone to hear it ?

39 minutes ago, firedog said:

I don't think we are going to get many beyond what John and Jesus have already said. 

I imagine they aren't in the business of helping their competitors.

I actually meant to write, I Wouldn't give lots of details. There are silly audiophiles that will see a certain part, and decide that the device CAN'T sound good with that part inside, just based on what's written on paper.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)