IGNORED

DENAFRIPS DAC

Hello!

I was planning to upgrade and replace my Mytek 192 DSD with newer DAC technology so that i can use them with SOtM SMS-200. I came across this interesting DAC thanks to google. The huge amount of capacitors candy catch my eyes!

The Ares is the entry level ? Pontus is the next better model i guess. Both model uses XMOS chip, I had confirmed with SOtM supports, XMOS USB driver is supported. 

I saw some reviews in the other forums, anyone here in CA by chance listen to it before? Are they good ?

http://www.denafrips.com/pontus.html

pontus-dac-1_orig.jpg

49 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

Please let us know your impressions, vs the Mojo when you have had suitable time to comment.

JC

Will do so, but the Ares is going in and the Mojo is going out today. So I will probably not be able to do a true A/B comparison with a burned in Ares. But having spent a lot of time with the Mojo during the past 4 months, my memory is fresh, so it should be pretty easy for me to draw a conclusion.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been told by Alvin (tank's)  from Vinshine Audio that my Terminator is on it's way from to my house!!

I choose the silver colour to match my other components from Accustic Arts

I've great expectations about it...

On 6/1/2017 at 9:09 AM, W1k2x said:

I've just been told by Alvin (tank's)  from Vinshine Audio that my Terminator is on it's way from to my house!!

I choose the silver colour to match my other components from Accustic Arts

I've great expectations about it...

Alvin is a great guy to work with

5 minutes ago, marflao said:

Ok...I´m also EU citizen (Germany) so I guess your customs office has some doubts regarding the missing CE label for instance, declaration of conformity...maybe also a manual in Portuguese?

Or is it another reason?

I really don't know exactly why, maybe because is heavy and a nice piece of equipment :-)

But they have already gave is premise to leave the customs and is expected to be delivered today  :D 

Out of the box the Terminador is just fantastic,  the sound is very peaceful, everything is there (more than I can remember)  but at the same time I can listen for a long time without  fatigue.

I confess  my expectations were high and, at the same time, I was afraid because I've never had the opportunity to leasing to any.

But now I'm very happy whit my purchase, thank you very much to all the people  who had post about it, and gave me the opportunity find this great DAC ;)

I'll came back after same more burning in!