IGNORED

Two Channel Sucks Compared to Immersive Audio

Immersive audio is NOT "surround sound" because you add another layer of sound vertically using speakers mounted above you,
Don't take my word for it, take Pink Floyd's word for it and the engineers at Abbey road who say once you try immersive audio you can never go back:

Hi witchdoctor,

Thanks for posting the link to the Abbey Road / Pink Floyd demo. Very cool stuff.

LOUNGE: Mac Mini - Audirvana - Devialet 200 - ATOHM GT1 Speakers

OFFICE : Mac Mini - Audirvana - Benchmark DAC1HDR - ADAM A7 Active Monitors

TRAVEL : MacBook Air - Dragonfly V1.2 DAC - Sennheiser HD 650

BEACH : iPhone 6 - HRT iStreamer DAC - Akimate Micro + powered speakers

The engineers say in that video that when you listen to Pink Floyd in an immersive setup its like hearing it for the first time. I would go so far to say that applies to just about everything. Plus you don't need to buy new software, the Auromatic upmixer works great.

Regardless of how it may sound, "Immersive Audio" really needs to put some serious R&D resources into improving system WAF.  My latest informal research, which was halted before it could progress to the point of taking aesthetics into account, points strongly to the fact that hard hat zones in residential homes are not family sustainable.

21 minutes ago, mrvco said:

Regardless of how it may sound, "Immersive Audio" really needs to put some serious R&D resources into improving system WAF.  My latest informal research, which was halted before it could progress to the point of taking aesthetics into account, points strongly to the fact that hard hat zones in residential homes are not family sustainable.

+1.  No doubt Immersive Audio sounds cool.  Unfortunate that is has a WAF of 0.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

18 minutes ago, NOMBEDES said:

It also has a general "Home Acceptance Factor" o about zero.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, NOMBEDES said:

That's easily taken care of. Just dump the wife! They just take over a man's life and ruin it anyway, then, when they've squeezed a man for all they can, they divorce him and in this gyne-centric society, the courts will give her everything one currently owns and everything one is likely to own in the future! MGTOW! :)

George

6 minutes ago, gmgraves said:

That's easily taken care of. Just dump the wife! They just take over a man's life and ruin it anyway, then, when they've squeezed a man for all they can, they divorce him and in this gyne-centric society, the courts will give her everything one currently owns and everything one is likely to own in the future! MGTOW!

Surely, "dumping the wife" would invite the very financial ruin that you warn of.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

@witchdoctor : I never thought of that way to describe what I listen to. I have a defacto 7.1 system (all Cambridge sound works-Henry Kloss's company) 2 towers a center 2 Model 6's and 2 s-300 3way satellites  originally used for dvd-a and sacd's with 7 channel analog connections via outlaw audio ICBM from a 5 disc Yamaha scad/dvd-a etc changer.I considered this both multichannel and 'immersive'. Now with DAC's(Gungnir,ME2,DF RED) and  TIDAL, A+3, Qobuz and ROON with and without MQA, music is immersive either in 7 channel or 2 channel and I utilize all the DSP modes on my AVR. It all sounds great. To me the MQA versions of the DEAD's American Beauty/Working Man's Dead sound almost as good as the dvd-a versions. Isn't wonderful for all of us who have waited 50+years for the almost 'perfect' sound?

bobbmd

1 hour ago, Snowmonkey said:

Surely, "dumping the wife" would invite the very financial ruin that you warn of.

Surely, you realize that I was not really being serious. No, once a man gets married, he's at the mercy of his female. There is no way out, without the guy losing everything (including his dignity). The system is rigged that way

George

4 hours ago, gmgraves said:

That's easily taken care of. Just dump the wife! They just take over a man's life and ruin it anyway, then, when they've squeezed a man for all they can, they divorce him and in this gyne-centric society, the courts will give her everything one currently owns and everything one is likely to own in the future! MGTOW! :)

I know now you jest, but ... yikes.   

Jagged little pill.   --  Alanis Morissette

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

6 hours ago, mrvco said:

Granted, Witchdoctor Studios has a setup like Abbey Road, not the typical. You can certainly be 

discreet, If you already have a 5.1 system for snall satellite speakers placed high on the wall near the ceiling would hardly be noticeable. My big heavery active speakers contain amps so I need stands.