IGNORED

HQPlayer 3.16.1 refuses to start in Windows 10 laptop, Windows says it has stopped working

OK, I think I'm done with the third party license management module on Windows version. I cannot fix it and it doesn't seem to play nice with latest Win10 versions. I will switch over to the same one used on Mac and Linux (my own). That is the easy part. Bigger job is to create a web service for converting the old license keys to the new key files... So it'll take some time.

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/07/2017 at 1:51 PM, Miska said:

OK, I think I'm done with the third party license management module on Windows version. I cannot fix it and it doesn't seem to play nice with latest Win10 versions. I will switch over to the same one used on Mac and Linux (my own). That is the easy part. Bigger job is to create a web service for converting the old license keys to the new key files... So it'll take some time.

It seems to be good news.

For those who had problems with the trial crashing on Win10 or other Win10 related crash issues, I have now built 3.17 version of HQPlayer with new license management module which is the same one used on Linux and Mac too. It will now operate in trial mode for 30 minutes at a time just like on those other platforms.

I don't have license key conversion web application ready yet, so this is useful only for trial use at the moment. Please let me know how this new version works.

It is not beta in a way, but it can be downloaded from the beta page before wider distribution (along with the key conversion support):

http://www.signalyst.com/beta-install.html

2 hours ago, Miska said:

For those who had problems with the trial crashing on Win10 or other Win10 related crash issues, I have now built 3.17 version of HQPlayer with new license management module which is the same one used on Linux and Mac too. It will now operate in trial mode for 30 minutes at a time just like on those other platforms.

I don't have license key conversion web application ready yet, so this is useful only for trial use at the moment. Please let me know how this new version works.

It is not beta in a way, but it can be downloaded from the beta page before wider distribution (along with the key conversion support):

http://www.signalyst.com/beta-install.html

Just to be clear....

People who buy a Windows license are going to have some sort of key conversion.

What happens to already registered people who go from 3.16.x (deleting) to 3.17? Any problem?  

8 hours ago, bibo01 said:

People who buy a Windows license are going to have some sort of key conversion.

Yes, I will create a web page where one can copy-paste the old key and get a new key file (same kind as for Linux/Mac) generated.

At some point the web shop will also start giving out new type of keys.

8 hours ago, bibo01 said:

What happens to already registered people who go from 3.16.x (deleting) to 3.17? Any problem?

New key file is needed, the old key doesn't work anymore. Apart from that, no changes...

If someone had old key installed before 3.17, they can go back to the old versions too and those continue to work as before.

1 minute ago, Outlaw said:

How do you enter key.Do you have a step by step info.Filled out form  and generated key then what do I do

It's the same procedure as on Linux and Mac, from HQPlayer's Help-menu, select "Register" and it'll ask you to locate and select the key file you got from the web page... Then it should report success installing it. Then just restart HQPlayer.

On 14/8/2017 at 9:23 PM, Miska said:

It's the same procedure as on Linux and Mac, from HQPlayer's Help-menu, select "Register" and it'll ask you to locate and select the key file you got from the web page... Then it should report success installing it. Then just restart HQPlayer.

Sorry miska i am not able to register the new key on 3.17:i pressed register ,but it does not open a register form...the old mode

was obvious;and then ...the new generated key it is not clear :i have 2 lines and in between =salt=...i don't understand how to mange it.

The trial version is working for few minutes ,but it seems the best sounding to me .

On otther Pc i'm olding with 3.16 until i feel safe .

Itis not easy to have previous versions if you haven't saved it ;i think you have to make them available on your site .

I think you built up the best player but sometimes i feel uncomfortable and unsicure with your site interface and the library

management is an headache !

I think that i will hold with Hq player ,but i hope it will become more user friendly and not to be afraid on every windows update.

Any way than you for "revolutionary" job

45 minutes ago, ranocchio said:

Sorry miska i am not able to register the new key on 3.17:i pressed register ,but it does not open a register form...the old mode

was obvious;and then ...the new generated key it is not clear :i have 2 lines and in between =salt=...i don't understand how to mange it.

From the conversion web form you'll get a license key file as you may seem to have received correctly. You don't need to care what is inside that file. In HQPlayer 3.17+ you select "Register" from "Help" menu which will open a standard file open dialog asking you to locate and select the key file you've got. Once that has been done it reports success. Then you can just restart HQPlayer.

Keep the license key file you got stored in some safe place in case you need it later.

12 hours ago, Miska said:

From the conversion web form you'll get a license key file as you may seem to have received correctly. You don't need to care what is inside that file. In HQPlayer 3.17+ you select "Register" from "Help" menu which will open a standard file open dialog asking you to locate and select the key file you've got. Once that has been done it reports success. Then you can just restart HQPlayer.

Keep the license key file you got stored in some safe place in case you need it later.

Thx,done succesfully

• 1 year later...

@Miska

my current HQPlayer Desktop: 3.24.0 stopped working so I switched to 3.25.0 in hopes it would but to no avail. Clicking the shortcut does not open the program. I tried going into the installation folder but it still won't work. Any ideas?

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 
7 hours ago, Energy said:

@Miska

my current HQPlayer Desktop: 3.24.0 stopped working so I switched to 3.25.0 in hopes it would but to no avail. Clicking the shortcut does not open the program. I tried going into the installation folder but it still won't work. Any ideas?

Usually if a working version stops working suddenly, there is some corruption in the setting files. These should be catched though and new files generated.

I assume this is on Windows? In installation folder you could right-click on the exe and select Properties, then check if the front page says it is blocked and if there's unblock-button. Next is to move away the settings, go to folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer and there rename or move away HQPlayer.xml, settings.xml, library.xml and desktop3-key.xml, then reboot your computer and try starting again.

Do you get any error message when you try to start the application?

15 hours ago, Miska said:

Usually if a working version stops working suddenly, there is some corruption in the setting files. These should be catched though and new files generated.

I assume this is on Windows? In installation folder you could right-click on the exe and select Properties, then check if the front page says it is blocked and if there's unblock-button. Next is to move away the settings, go to folder %LOCALAPPDATA%\HQPlayer and there rename or move away HQPlayer.xml, settings.xml, library.xml and desktop3-key.xml, then reboot your computer and try starting again.

Do you get any error message when you try to start the application?

It doesn't show any error's, just doesn't open. 

I fixed it however by deleting the HQPlayer folder within Start > Run > %localappdata%

Thanks Jussi. ?

٩(●̮̃•)۶ Carbon (NET)  EtherRegen (NET)  Carbyne (USB)  Terminator-Plus (XLR)  β22 (XLR)  Diana TC (ง'-')ง

=  ︿  = 
  • 5 months later...

Hi Miska,

Just installed v3.25.3 on my Windows 10 PC. I've never installed HQPlayer before, first time user. When starting the program, the splash screen appears and then the program silently crashes. I never get to see the program window. Tried deleting HQPlayer folder in %localappdata% but it is recreated every time I try to run the program.

Windows 10 Pro 1809, i7700HQ, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA 1050, PS Audio driver installed.

What do I need to do/provide you for help?