IGNORED

Find ALL of my local albums on TIDAL or Spotify? How?

I would like a way to search for all of my albums on TIDAL and/or Spotify and make them favorites/add to my library on those platforms.

Is there a way to do this?

Thx.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

That is, an iTunes Match of sorts - that's what I want for my local library to replicate to Spotify and/or TIDAL.

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

system pics

Ok, I might try creating a playlist with all my local files in Audirvana, exporting that as text, loading it on Soundiiz and possibly go from there.

Has anyone tried this? Thx.

system pics

I have about 2,000 albums in my local library that I have carefully selected over the years. I would like to tag all of those albums on TIDAL and/or Spotify as favorites so that when I am away from home I can browse and play that curated list. 

I am not able to remember those albums off the top of my head, so having that list available will simplify things for me.

BTW... This is exactly what iTunes Match is supposed to do.

Makes sense?

system pics

I think using Soundiiz on a playlist exported from Audirvana might do the trick. But boy what a terrible workflow in this day and age... I will try over the weekend.

If anyone has a more streamlined process, I am all ears. I would gladly pay for automation like that.

system pics

This could be a start:

"We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog."

I take that to mean if you have AIFF, FLAC, WAV, they will find the Spotify version. That is almost what you want. 

https://support.spotify.com/us/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

32 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This could be a start:

"We’ll do our best to match any unsupported local files with songs from the Spotify catalog."

I take that to mean if you have AIFF, FLAC, WAV, they will find the Spotify version. That is almost what you want. 

I dont't think this is what I want.

I think the line you quoted really means "If the Spotify player cannot play the file format you have we will do our best to find a matching file on Spotify that we can play".

This is very different from finding matches on Spotify for all your local files and tag those appropriately - maybe create a playlist called "Spotify Match" :)

system pics

@miguelito Where are these 2000 albums stored and how did they get 'stored'/ripped in the first place? My 1000+(And 30000+ songs) albums were ripped via my Apple CD player and  are stored on my iTunes library in AIFF/HiRez/a few dvd-a ripped from dvd audio extractor and they ALL show up in TIDAL or on A+3 and on ROON and Spotify also imported them. I did use sounddiz to transfer my MOG/BEATS playlists also.

Just now, bobbmd said:

@miguelito Where are these 2000 albums stored and how did they get 'stored'/ripped in the first place? My 1000+(And 30000+ songs) albums were ripped via my Apple CD player and  are stored on my iTunes library in AIFF/HiRez/a few dvd-a ripped from dvd audio extractor and they ALL show up in TIDAL or on A+3 and on ROON and Spotify also imported them. I did use sounddiz to transfer my MOG/BEATS playlists also.

Albums are either:

1- CDs ripped with XLD to AIFF

2- SACDs ripped with a PS3, then individual DSF files created

3- Albums purchased from many sources, generally only in AIFF and DSF formats

All files have proper metadata - I use Yate (on mac) to fix metadata I couldn't incorporate when ripping or fix metadata in purchased files. Point is there is enough metadata as-is for any reasonable mechanism to match to a streaming service database.

All files show properly in Roon, A+, JRMC (on iTunes, DSF are not playable and I don't think they show at all).

I have also used Soundiiz to move simple playlists between Spotify and TIDAL.

However, what I want is something a little different: For all my local files, I want to find the TIDAL equivalents (if they exist obviously) and make all those favorites so they are singled out and I can play those albums when I don't have access to my main library (like when I travel).

Makes sense?

system pics

15 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

ALL show up in TIDAL

Ok I missed this... What do you mean by this?

system pics

@miguelito ok I think i understand-what I mean is all my albums and playlists from my Itunes library ripped as you did to AIFF/or better were transferred to TIDAL and ROON with the metadata and covers etc. The only way to do what you want to do is individually look up each of you albums/artists on TIDAL which would a monumental PIA-akin to me (or you) re-ripping our CD's all over again and I had to do it twice when my PC and the PC's backups crashed and burned and I swear I'll never do it again. Maybe Chris will have some ideas for you. BTW I wish I had the capability to rip my SACD's like you did! Best of luck-bobbmd

1 minute ago, bobbmd said:

The only way to do what you want to do is individually look up each of you albums/artists on TIDAL which would a monumental PIA-akin to me (or you) re-ripping our CD's all over again

Exactly, but there's no reason why there could not be a means to do this automatically (surely some things won't be found and some things will be mismatched). Soundiiz does this between Spotify, TIDAL, and many other services, so I don't see how this could be all that hard.

I just exported a playlist from A+ with all my local files. However, looking at the contents of the playlist, I can't imagine it's enough metadata to do a half-assed job of matching. I will try with a small subset and see it Soundiiz can do something.

But frankly I would like the Roon folks to do this.

system pics

4 minutes ago, bobbmd said:

ok I think i understand-what I mean is all my albums and playlists from my Itunes library ripped as you did to AIFF/or better were transferred to TIDAL and ROON with the metadata and covers etc.

I don't know what you mean by TIDAL here... Do you mean the TIDAL app sees your local files??? I know the Spotify app can see my local files, but not the TIDAL app AFAIK.

system pics

Just now, bobbmd said:

@miguelito When I first set up TIDAL it 'imported' all my iTunes library and they are now listed in left hand corner column as MY MUSIC and albums,tracks,artists in addition to all my playlists-Spotify did the same thing as did ROON and A+3

Really??? Ok...

system pics

8 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

This could be a start:

Gave this a try. It's complete crap. Would not even recognize an AIFF file. If I transcode them to mp3 it does. Utter shite.

system pics

3 hours ago, bobbmd said:

@miguelito When I first set up TIDAL it 'imported' all my iTunes library and they are now listed in left hand corner column as MY MUSIC and albums,tracks,artists in addition to all my playlists-Spotify did the same thing as did ROON and A+3

I gotta say this is pretty odd. There's no way to add this in the desktop app, and there's no info I can find about it.

system pics

@daverich4Thanks for the thread but I wouldn't have the time patience or ability to do all that(and I'd rather spend my$ on something other than a bluray DVD player so expensive as those 2)-if I want to listen to my sacd's I think I will just play them on my Yamaha sacd/dvd-a changer but honestly I have no reason to that anymore but thanks anyway bobbmd