IGNORED

PC audio connection-Sony MHC-GT4D

Hi,

My first post here. I need to connect my PC with Sony MHC-GT4D http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/hi-fi-systems/mhc-gt4d/specifications

This set has HSEE (Digital Sound Enhancement Engine) as advertised. My PC has Creative Audigy 2 ZS (I know it's an ancient card)

I request guidance for the following queries:

1. Will sound quality deteriorate in case I use the 3.5mm (from sound card) to Sony's RCA (red and white inputs)?

2. Does the presence of HSEE mean that a DAC is present? Or HSEE is just a clever software engine?

3. Do I need a separate DAC and a new sound card to get the most out of the system?

In case yes to query number 1; please specify how much.

In case yes to query number 3; please advise appropriate hardware.

Thank you for visiting and giving your precious time.

1)  What are you comparing this too?  RCA to RCA?  Probably not.    

2)  Doesn't look like the speakers have a built in DAC.

3)  The Audigy 2 is a DAC.  Should handle PCM formats well.  I like my Creative Labs USB card for my PC desktop.

22 hours ago, omw said:

Thanks for ur reply. I hooked up Sony GTX-XB7 with my PC through AUX and I notice a voice sync lag (friction of a second but noticeable) when watching youtube songs. How can I overcome this?

Are you connected via Bluetooth?  That could be the reason why.  There's a greater than 100ms lag for standard BT protocol.  That's why there are specific BT protocols (e.g., AptX low latency) designed to minimize lag between video and audio.