I'm trying to get my Logitech Transport to get acquainted with my QNAP TS 419 P+

I cannot get either device to register on my Wi-Fi network.  The Transport works if connected to a Cisco router via RJ/E, but that does NOT work for the QNAP.  I am now attempting to connect by RJ/E to the NAS; QMusic recognizes the NAS and creates a db. BUT, I am connected by USB to Toslink (Cambridge X3) from NAS to Logitech, then by Toslink from Logitech to Arcam DAC. Silence. The VU meters on the Logitech are deflecting, and the display correctly IDs the music stream from the NAS. A Sonos and a cd player both work via Toslink/USB, through the Cambridge with the Arcam. The Transport does NOT work streaming Tidal (yes, I do have a subscription) via the Transport's analog out (RCA) connection. What's up? Do I need to face East and genuflect? Swearing is not effective. 

The digital outputs on the Transporter are only active if you're using it as the source. In your setup I would expect the analog outputs to work but not the digital ones. Tidal will work with the Transporter using Logitech Media Server with the IckStream plugin. 

3 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

The digital outputs on the Transporter are only active if you're using it as the source. In your setup I would expect the analog outputs to work but not the digital ones. Tidal will work with the Transporter using Logitech Media Server with the IckStream plugin. 

Do you mean digital out from the Transport will not work if the source is, say, an NAS connected to the Transport? 

Forgive my density. 

6 hours ago, plissken said:

To simplify this your QNAP should be hard wired to the Cisco router as default. Looking at the specs for it's wireless support.

That's how it's connected at present, a chain from router to NAS to Logitech to Arcam to AI Mod 3 to mc75 vi monos to Maggies. 

You might give Logitech Media Server a try. It's free, will use the music stored on your NAS, supports Tidal with a plugin and will allow you to use the digital outs on your Transporter. Another way to accomplish the same thing would be to use Roon which will see your Transporter as an endpoint and do all the same things. Both systems have iPad/iPhone apps available that will let you control them remotely. 

21 minutes ago, daverich4 said:

You might give Logitech Media Server a try. It's free, will use the music stored on your NAS, supports Tidal with a plugin and will allow you to use the digital outs on your Transporter. Another way to accomplish the same thing would be to use Roon which will see your Transporter as an endpoint and do all the same things. Both systems have iPad/iPhone apps available that will let you control them remotely. 

Thank you.!!! That works. Do you wear tights and a cape? 

Thanks, too, to the others who responded.