IGNORED

Phasx - Really Interesting Looking Speakers

Hi Guys - I just received an email from this company. The speakers and technology look pretty cool. They are starting in the pro market before targeting the audiophile market. Check these out and let me know what you think. 

I emailed @mitchco to see if he's interested in getting a pair.

http://www.phasx.com/

Screen Shot 2017-05-03 at 2.57.49 PM.png

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

From the GearSlutz thread:

OK, the DSP is used to correct frequency and time issues with the three drivers, each of which is driven by an individual Hypex nCore amplifier. The DSP could not care less about the relative placement of the drivers. The drivers are aligned via a proprietary measurement approach using the latest generation Audio Precision analyzers (APx Series) GRAS and Earthworks mics, pre's, etc. The separation of tweeter and midrange is NOT meant to time align, but rather to help the process of reflection in the context of the Shadocaster approach.

I underlined the important parts: Class D, and using like, math, and uh, measurement stuff.

Going to sound terrible9_9

They look fit for purpose — reflection-less desktop listening — but are bottom ugly.

I do agree that the "room correction is taken care of" claim is rather bold, but perhaps they assume that near-field listening will deal with that.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)