On 2/16/2018 at 8:01 PM, Milan said:

new DXD release;

Wild Man Blues, with Ruud Breuls/ Simon Rigter  5tet Ruud-300shadowv4.png

It is just out. Listening in 24/96 right now. Highly recommended!

It's part of the same series as the Carmen Gomes album. Wild Man Blues

On 4/15/2018 at 4:10 PM, johndoe21ro said:

I have it in DXD and I find it excellent! :)

On 3/1/2018 at 2:37 PM, christian u said:

Great album. Superb arrangements played by master musicians and well recorded too. It is a great concept ”live in the studio“, it's the best of both worlds.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:01 PM, Milan said:

new DXD release;

Wild Man Blues, with Ruud Breuls/ Simon Rigter  5tet Ruud-300shadowv4.png

It is just out. Listening in 24/96 right now. Highly recommended!

It's part of the same series as the Carmen Gomes album. Wild Man Blues

Finally had the time to really listen to the album without any kind of distractions. Very impressive. Superb SQ.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/7/2017 at 6:54 PM, tailspn said:

Hi again AD,

Of course logically the earliest deliverable generation of any serial process seems preferable.  But in the case of the very few recordings processed in DXD, the DXD version if available may not be in one's best interest. It's dependent on the listener's system and hardware. There are very few DAC's capable of playing 352.8KHz 24 bit files. The vast majority of those are, like most DAC's, rear ended with Sigma-Delta modulators producing audio from DSD like bit streams ((PDM) Pulse Density Modulated bit streams). If they are fed a/any PCM word stream, that stream must first be converted to PDM bit streams in real time to be integrated (converted) into audio. The key is how that PCM > PDM conversion occurs. 

If it occurs on the DAC chip itself, the conversion algorithm employed is constrained by the processing power available. If  the PCM stream(s) are processed to PDM (DSD) bitstreams offline (even in realtime) by a CPU, there's vastly more processing resources available to support more thorough and robust conversion algorithms. This can be accomplished by the listener using players such as HQ Player, or purchasing the recording's DSD version of bit rate of your choice, that was converted to DSD by the algorithms in Pyramix (the DAW that created and used the DXD PCM conversion in the first place). 

Best,

Tom

That is where the test files comes in handy:

compare2017shadow300v76.pnghttps://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/6-compare-formats

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, elcorso said:

It means that the source recording is very good, even if you got the 16/44 CD,  like most of the FIM reissues (remasters).

So it's a 16/44 CD. 

To hear an album in DXD, you will still need to download it and play it back through a DXD-capable DAC or digital player. 

16 hours ago, elcorso said:

Yes, only crazy advertising statement !!

Roch

At least Carmen Gomes on her  BandCamp site plays it completely straight, she does not even mention that the albums are actually audiophile must haves, just in small letters that;

This album is also available in various audiophile formats at

http://www.soundliaison.com '

. A complete steal these at $7.

a2564954823_16.jpga0357569984_16.jpg

a3921658130_16.jpg a0642215549_16.jpg 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/23/2018 at 4:39 AM, MetalNuts said:

A new DXD album from soundliaison

image.png.21fc039a15ee232d3d030bfcaa47e150.png

Great very listenable album.

I remember having a discussion with a friend as to if there existed good audiophile recordings with a back beat. He did not convince me then but this album does!

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to buy the Carmen Gomes DXD but have a question.  I use a Mac Mini running the latest version of Audrivana feeding my Chord 2Qute DAC.

I can't find anywhere where Audrivana can play DXD files. Would I be better off downloading the 352kHz flac version?

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

1 hour ago, al210 said:

I was going to buy the Carmen Gomes DXD but have a question.  I use a Mac Mini running the latest version of Audrivana feeding my Chord 2Qute DAC.

I can't find anywhere where Audrivana can play DXD files. Would I be better off downloading the 352kHz flac version?

DXD files are 24 bit, 352.8 kHz files.  So the two versions (DXD and 352 kHz FLAC) are the same files. 

I'm pretty sure that Audirvana plays DXD files.  if the 2Qute DAC does not support DXD, you can still download the album in DSD 64 or DSD 128 and it will work with the 2Qute and Audirvana. 

Also, Carmen Gomes Sings The Blues is on sale through Friday at 20% Off with the code AOTW at the NativeDSD Music Store.

693380899_Album_of_the_week-CarmenGomes.thumb.png.f1213f5b9a3cbd3320020bf3b195fc22.png

https://www.nativedsd.com/albums/SL1023A-carmen-gomes-sings-the-blues

On 11/7/2018 at 8:26 PM, al210 said:

Flac DXD or Wav DXD should not make a difference.

You are probably better of with a lower resolution or test first with the test files; https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/6-compare-formats

compare2017shadow200v75.png

On 11/17/2018 at 10:37 AM, christian u said:

Flac DXD or Wav DXD should not make a difference.

You are probably better of with a lower resolution or test first with the test files; https://www.soundliaison.com/index.php/6-compare-formats

compare2017shadow200v75.png

DXD playback fine using Audrivana.

Sonictransport  i9, DCS Bartok Apex DAC/Streamer

REL Acoustics S/510 Sub Woofer

Audionet Watt Integrated Amp - Vivid Audio Kaya 45 loudspeakers

• 1 month later...