IGNORED

Audirvana 3.0 newbie question

ptruce

Hi!  Finally decided to try Audirvana 3.0 now that it unfolds MQA.  I am using a 2011 Mac Mini i7 with 16GB of memory and a SSD,  I am using my Marantz 8802a as the dac through HDMI.

The Mini works just fine until I try to use Audirvana with the Marantz using HDMI;

1.  If I try to use HDMI for both display and for audio (the HDMI cable goes out to the Marantz and then comes back to the display), the display blanks and resets every 5 seconds or so.

2.  I then routed the video out to my display through the mini dvi port.  But then the mouse acts up and twitches to a new spot on the screen every 5 seconds or so making using the mouse pretty difficult.

Works fine if I do not use the Marantz as an HDMI doc, but that is my preferred choice and there isn't a problem using other music server software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Mac Mini 2013 i5 SSD 6G 120 GB - OSX 10.8.5 - Pure Music & Pure Vinyl - synology 3TB NAS - Oppo 105 - Emotiva XSP-1 balanced preamp - Event Opal active speakers & SVS SB-13 sub - 3 custom turntables - hand built Ed Yang tube phono stage - TC Impact 24/192 A-D vinyl ripper- fully treated, equalized listening room

My mistake - it is something wrong with the Mini not Audirvana.  

Please ignore.

Peter

Mac Mini 2013 i5 SSD 6G 120 GB - OSX 10.8.5 - Pure Music & Pure Vinyl - synology 3TB NAS - Oppo 105 - Emotiva XSP-1 balanced preamp - Event Opal active speakers & SVS SB-13 sub - 3 custom turntables - hand built Ed Yang tube phono stage - TC Impact 24/192 A-D vinyl ripper- fully treated, equalized listening room

To make this work with Audirvana you would have to either connect your Marantz to your mini over USB (assuming the Marantz supports this and would work as a DAC), use the mini's analog or optical out (same connector, different cables) into the Marantz, or use an external USB DAC.

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2017 at 2:25 PM, ptruce said:

Hi!  Finally decided to try Audirvana 3.0 now that it unfolds MQA.  I am using a 2011 Mac Mini i7 with 16GB of memory and a SSD,  I am using my Marantz 8802a as the dac through HDMI.

The Mini works just fine until I try to use Audirvana with the Marantz using HDMI;

1.  If I try to use HDMI for both display and for audio (the HDMI cable goes out to the Marantz and then comes back to the display), the display blanks and resets every 5 seconds or so.

2.  I then routed the video out to my display through the mini dvi port.  But then the mouse acts up and twitches to a new spot on the screen every 5 seconds or so making using the mouse pretty difficult.

Works fine if I do not use the Marantz as an HDMI doc, but that is my preferred choice and there isn't a problem using other music server software.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Peter

Did you get this sorted out? I am currently having a related issue with my Marantz SR7012 - and my 2011 i7 Mac Mini (same as yours) - the display is doing the same thing as you describe, blanking and reseting every few seconds. Is my mac too old?