IGNORED

Tidal streams 24/96.

By a what is probably a glitch, you can now stream true 24/96 from Tidal

Serach snowman gwiazdozbior

IMG_0552.PNG

Nice sound as well, so it gives you an idea how real hires streaming should be. Hurry and try, before Tidal close this nice feature ?

Or can we hope this is done intentionally ?

3 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

IMG_0552.PNG

That is an MQA album right?  Are you in a Roon beta test program such that you are "unfolding" to what MQA (erroneously - its lossy and it ain't native PCM) calls 24/96 for marketing/voodoo purposes??? ;)

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

7 minutes ago, crenca said:

That is an MQA album right?  Are you in a Roon beta test program such that you are "unfolding" to what MQA (erroneously - its lossy and it ain't native PCM) calls 24/96 for marketing/voodoo purposes??? ;)

It should have been an MQA but by mistake, it streams true 24/96. Test yourself 

I intentionally did not want to mention MQA, cause it's not. 

Nope, I'm not a beta tester ?

This world first time streaming 24/96 is also confirmed by others over at Roon forum. 

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/96khz-mqa-sample-rate/25000/11

4 minutes ago, R1200CL said:

It should have been an MQA but by mistake, it streams true 24/96. Test yourself 

Yep something is up.  I was upsampling to 352 PCM via HQPlayer and Roon reads it as 24/96, my NIC activity gets busy, but no sound.

So I switched to my DAC direct (iFi micro DAC2) and it plays for about 10 seconds (iFI Asio driver reporting 24/96) before Roon gives me the "playback/network error"

33 minutes ago, crenca said:

playback/network error

Are you saying you can't stream ?

Everything sounds perfect here. As always. 

Well I shall admit I had an issue with pure noise coming out of my speakers first tests, but that even happens to may HD-tracks files sometimes. Maybe an issue with HQPlayer. No problem at all. So steam is perfect and good. 

Now, maybe someone can measure how much this stream is vs normal or MQA.  @Miska Are you around. Maybe test before Tidal discover the glitch ?

Of cause, why not stream in 24/96 without MQA in first place as you always has said. 

Awesome R1200CL!  For both the cool artist, I really like btw! And I too am getting 24/96 source here.  Comparing the two albums, one 24/96 the other flac 16/44.  Former sounds way better for sure.  We can all hope that this IS the future of hirez streaming.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

Yep. Very nice artist. I'm playing for 3 or 4th time now ?

I serach by Chrome on my iPad, that translate webpages automatically, and this is the first time an album done by an artist from Poland is issued on Tidal in hires (MQA) 

I think this this album is not for sale before May 5th.

If Tidal is smart, and they leave it as is, it will be hopefully quite good for the artist to, as he will set a new "standard."

And not to say very good for comparing streaming quality. Well if we get the intended MAQ version as well. 

3 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

Qobuz offers streaming up to 24/192 right now already, without MQA.

Qobuz is Western Europe only as far as I can tell.  

Yes, we know. But it would be nice if they didn't correct the mistake. I think that artist would be very popular as test. Anyway album made unavailable. 

And and we can't stop wonder if we really need MQA, as this worked so well, and HQPlayer probably has equal filters to MQA. 

That's another endless discussion. 

Maybe close the thread Chris ?

Just to correct some things: So far, Qobuz.com is streaming only the albums in "HiRes", you've already bought in their download store as such. Highresaudio.com is doing the same with their VirtualVault service with some differences. With HRA you can be quite sure that you'll really get the labeled resolution and not an upsampled fake, not at least, in principle HRA is available in the US as well, even if with a small portfolio because of the beloved "regional restrictions". 

In the near future there will be some other HiRes streaming services available, Neil Young's Xstream and HDtracks service. I think, we will see the announcements until or during the HighEnd show in Munich. 

5 hours ago, #Yoda# said:

Just to correct some things: So far, Qobuz.com is streaming only the albums in "HiRes", you've already bought in their download store as such. Highresaudio.com is doing the same with their VirtualVault service with some differences. With HRA you can be quite sure that you'll really get the labeled resolution and not an upsampled fake, not at least, in principle HRA is available in the US as well, even if with a small portfolio because of the beloved "regional restrictions". 

In the near future there will be some other HiRes streaming services available, Neil Young's Xstream and HDtracks service. I think, we will see the announcements until or during the HighEnd show in Munich. 

Correct, but Qobuz is about to launch the Sublime+ subscription giving you unlimited streaming of their high res catalogue (probably with the typical exceptions of labels that don't allow streaming at all like ECM.)

WThell, why'd they remove that album?  C'mon Tidal, just be consistent at the very least!

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:30 PM, R1200CL said:

IMG_0552.PNG

Nice sound as well, so it gives you an idea how real hires streaming should be. Hurry and try, before Tidal close this nice feature ?

Or can we hope this is done intentionally ?

Wonder if anyone captured the stream and analyzed it (say with MusicScope). I wonder if it's possible it's just mistagged, or is a tag not used to indicate sample rate and bit depth?

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 0:59 PM, AudioDoctor said:

Also not available in the US directly.

Not for the unresourceful anyway... ;)

NUC10i7 + Roon ROCK > dCS Rossini APEX DAC + dCS Rossini Master Clock 

SME 20/3 + SME V + Dynavector XV-1s or ANUK IO Gold > vdH The Grail or Kondo KSL-SFz + ANK L3 Phono 

Audio Note Kondo Ongaku > Avantgarde Duo Mezzo

Signal cables: Kondo Silver, Crystal Cable phono

Power cables: Kondo, Shunyata, van den Hul

system pics

• 2 weeks later...