IGNORED

Techinics SU-G700

1 hour ago, davide256 said:

If you are looking in the budget audiophile market, I suggest you look at NAD. Technics entry level  would cause most audiophiles to beat a hasty exit from the room.

not sure what you consider budget, but to me, at $2500 the su-g700 is not a budget component.  technics over the last several years has been reinventing themselves with higher end products -- definitely not the same as what you might have known in the past.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

I think that makes the story even worse... the picture shows the exterior finish I'd expect on a $700 product, reminds me of my 1980's Yamaha separates. These days $2500 should get you a decent starting audiophile integrated amp with some "mojo" in its appearance.  In tube amps consider Rogue Cronus Magnum II, for solid state if you can find a dealer the Hegel H80 should work. if neither of these are accessible Marantz always does a nice job, easily found but tends to get silver instead of gold medals for ratings

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

I prefer a co. to put their $$ into R&D and interior materials, not exterior finish.

e.g many Vandersteen speakers just have a small ring of nice wood on them, with grill cloth hiding the rest; Magnepans just have 2-3 thin strips of wood on them, with grill cloth hiding the rest...

5 hours ago, davide256 said:

I think that makes the story even worse... the picture shows the exterior finish I'd expect on a $700 product, reminds me of my 1980's Yamaha separates. These days $2500 should get you a decent starting audiophile integrated amp with some "mojo" in its appearance.  In tube amps consider Rogue Cronus Magnum II, for solid state if you can find a dealer the Hegel H80 should work. if neither of these are accessible Marantz always does a nice job, easily found but tends to get silver instead of gold medals for ratings

Rogue Audio Cronus...  Now there's a looker...

ACKKK, excuse me, I had to throw up.  Are you serious?

To the OP, have you looked at the Peachtree Nova 150?  I think it retails for around 2K and is generally respected and even looks ok...

Here you go, $1799.00. https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/nova150-amplifier-with-dac.html

No electron left behind.

8 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Rogue Audio Cronus...  Now there's a looker...

ACKKK, excuse me, I had to throw up.  Are you serious?

To the OP, have you looked at the Peachtree Nova 150?  I think it retails for around 2K and is generally respected and even looks ok...

Here you go, $1799.00. https://www.peachtreeaudio.com/nova150-amplifier-with-dac.html

the Peachtree is an ICE solid state amp. Its a valid alternative to the Hegel but it will not offer  the "oil vs water color" tone color difference of a tube amp... costs a lot more money for the playing field to level out between tubes and solid state in that area.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

8 hours ago, davide256 said:

the Peachtree is an ICE solid state amp. Its a valid alternative to the Hegel but it will not offer  the "oil vs water color" tone color difference of a tube amp... costs a lot more money for the playing field to level out between tubes and solid state in that area.

Great, that's your opinion and I saw that nowhere in the OP's post.

No electron left behind.

6 hours ago, davide256 said:

Its not opinion if you have actually owned both tube and solid state gear... its observation. One that's quite old among Audiogon members.

So you have made it your mission to sidetrack this conversation to your own will instead of answering the OPs question?

If that's what you want to talk about, fine.  Go start your thread about it.

No electron left behind.

On 4/29/2017 at 8:50 AM, davide256 said:

The Technics is also a Class D amp...

No electron left behind.

On 2017-04-26 at 2:49 PM, odiwan said:

Hello

Anyone has listened this unit? i'm very interested in it, but i can't find any review yet

it seems a great amplifer+DAC combo

02-Technics-SU-G700.jpeg

slm2lyq1af21acynp4vc.jpeg

Stereo_Integrated_Amplifier_Grand_Class_SU_G700_5.jpeg

I think that amp is expected to retail for $5K and it's only 70Wpc into 8 ohms. It better have those GaN FETs like the more expensive SE-R1.  I have only heard the smaller SU-C700 -- sounded too "digital" to me.

mQa is dead!

On 4/30/2017 at 7:41 AM, davide256 said:

... Audiogon members.

I like Audiogon because it has the craziest woo-woo of any audio web site -- no need to go to a comedy club

I would certainly audition the latest Technics products.  Panasonic decided to make it their audio high-technology brand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2017 at 10:41 PM, davide256 said:

If you are looking in the budget audiophile market, I suggest you look at NAD. Technics entry level  would cause most audiophiles to beat a hasty exit from the room.

Dear davide256
We are not talking about NAD (low quality popular brand) but about Technics
So keep this AD for other topic - NAD advertisement topic !

• 3 years later...

So, has anyone had a chance to test SU-G700? Does it utilize GaN?

Vinnie Rossi LIO (AVC/Tubestage, AMP Module with built in HPF 100Hz 24dB/octave, DAC 2.0), Harbeth P3ESR, Rythmik F8

Win10 i7-7700 -> Roon -> HQPlayer DSD512- > LIO 100Hz HPF -> Harbeth P3ESR

->LIO  -> miniDSP <100Hz -> Rythmik F8