IGNORED

Blue Jeans Cable Cat 6a

On 4/26/2017 at 3:05 AM, Em2016 said:

A question for the cable experts here: has anyone been able to verify that the shielding is disconnected at the ends?

Without reading the thread. The plugs are plastic. Hence shield must be floating. 

Belden has a lot facts and information about how to implement the different standards. 

When I asked Ghent to design his ethernet cable we did a mistake and followed the standard with the first sample and included shield in the plug.

The trick is to not follow the standard. If you have a fully industrial cat6 system at home, it may make sence to design your network according to specifications. Which probably requires Cisco all the way. Who knows. 

When @Superdad release his switch, whenever that happens, he and John will probably elaborate what type of cables to use or not based on the switch design.

And since many of us is also using endpoints designed by John, I’m sure we can expect some explanation how how they will interact with a cable according to the given standards. 

(I think I know the answer ?

BTW. The Vodka has no shield connected to the Telegärtner connectors. 

• 1 month later...

I had a network tech at my house a week ago.  We added a new Router as my Modum/router was not up to the task of doing all the work.  Now they each have their duties and data runs smoother with no IP address conflicts anymore.

Anyhow, I asked about the belden cable and tools.  He said they use it for all their commercial work.  He said get the tool.  It less than $100 and does all the cutting as well as crimping properly.  I guess I would say if your serious about your digital playback and have some amount of thousands of money in your audio gear, why not invest $ in making the infrastructure in your house comparable in quality to your audio gear.  Or just buy the Blue Jeans cable.  Its darn cost effective and no fuss.  It is harder to drag through holes if your retrofitting or for that matter doing a new build.  But all can be done.  Just drill a larger hole and make good tights heads on your pull string/cable/snake.