IGNORED

Alesis Elevate 5 vs Mackie CR5BT

Hi, I'm looking to upgrade my Corsair SP2500's to a pair of monitors, one of the two mentioned in the title. I'm not satisfied with my SP2500's because music sounds muddy on them.

The CR5's to seem to be perfect, the one review for them on youtube makes them sound great for regular listening (I do not produce music).

The Elevates however are cheaper and that's the only thing stopping me from getting the CR5's at this point, the problem is I can't find any good reviews for them on youtube so I have no idea how they stack up compared to the Mackies. The bluetooth feature of the CR5's does not interest me at all.

So I'm here to ask for opinions on which of the two are better, or if there is something else that is better for the price.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I just found the Presonus Eris E4.5's. They are more expensive but if they are considerably better I may pay more for them. However, I'm hoping that the elevates come out on top since I'm stretching my budget as it is.

have you looked at the jbl lsr305?  they are broadly recognized as one of the biggest bargains out there at about $300/pr.

i'd advise saving up a bit more money to get something you can live with for a while. patience is a virtue . . .

btw -- i don't see how you could assess the quality of speakers via youtube on your existing speakers . . .  go to a guitar center instead.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100