IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

1 hour ago, Jud said:

Not sure I can say this in a family forum, but: Foreplay?

Don't know what is going in your mind!  50 sh 60 Boards of Regen 9_9

17 hours ago, Superdad said:

Why did I make this thing?  You'll have to guess...

Soz Superdude, that shirt can't give me a straight response :/

Slightly off topic: as I stated before, I use the original Regen together with an ipurifier 2. It was regen -> purifier -> dac.

However, I've decided to try the ipurifier before the regen, and my system sounds so much better like this. With the ipurifier after the regen I was getting some fatigue, the mids was a bit too foward and harsh. With the regen just before the DAC everything sounds better and smoother.

So, my advice is, for those who, like me, use the regen together with other USB "decrapfiers", try to use the regen at the very end of the chain, at least in my system it made noticeable difference - for the better.

3 hours ago, kalinka said:

Slightly off topic: as I stated before, I use the original Regen together with an ipurifier 2. It was regen -> purifier -> dac.

However, I've decided to try the ipurifier before the regen, and my system sounds so much better like this. With the ipurifier after the regen I was getting some fatigue, the mids was a bit too foward and harsh. With the regen just before the DAC everything sounds better and smoother.

So, my advice is, for those who, like me, use the regen together with other USB "decrapfiers", try to use the regen at the very end of the chain, at least in my system it made noticeable difference - for the better.

No surprise there. You always want the device which provides the best signal integrity as the last one--going into your DAC.  That would be the REGEN.  :)

39 minutes ago, Superdad said:

ALOHA!

IMG_1297.thumb.JPG.b8fb85ade8d2a727ad1de0658aba0447.JPG

IMG_1296.thumb.JPG.7562ea06d6eef445db8a1f4b594122a1.JPG

If this was you, would you be replying to bunches of e-mails?  Taking a break from that is one of the main points of this trip.  Celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary is the other.  

It will be a bit hectic when I get back--all those ISO REGENs to get out the following week, though  my assistant will be testing/assembling them while I'm gone.

So please everyone, don't expect a full reply to all e-mail until late in the week (of May 8th).  Order-related messages will be dealt with first. And those long messages seeking advise and comparisons?Well those will continue to grow older. :P

Ha! Congrats and enjoy mate

hhhhmmmm... weather doesn't promise anything good :|

what about going back home to assemble and send us those ISOs? ;)

you'll have your holiday later :P

:D

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

John, can you please explain why you decided to have a switch to defeat galvanic isolation?  For which devices are we likely going to need to use it?

Alex already pointed out that this also gives us the ability to evaluate how much GI contributes to the sound quality.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

45 minutes ago, rickca said:

John, can you please explain why you decided to have a switch to defeat galvanic isolation?  

John previously posted this information on page 7 of this thread,

Main System: Mac mini (Audirvana+, MMK, JS-2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1) -> Icron 2201 (Rex LPS-1.2) -> ISO Regen (LPS-1.2) -> Ayre QB-9 Twenty -> Headamp GS-X Mk2 -> Classe CT-M600 -> KEF Reference 201/2

12 minutes ago, Tone Deaf said:

John previously posted this information on page 7 of this thread,

Yes I've read that post, thanks.  I'm really looking for some specific examples of systems that require use of the GI defeat switch that were discovered during testing.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

Yes I've read that post, thanks.  I'm really looking for some specific examples of systems that require use of the GI defeat switch that were discovered during testing.

And pray tell, who do you suppose is going to come up with those examples, with John S already weighed in on the subject, Alex C on vacation, then booked up on his return, and no product yet in the wild ??

3 hours ago, rickca said:

John, can you please explain why you decided to have a switch to defeat galvanic isolation?  For which devices are we likely going to need to use it?

Alex already pointed out that this also gives us the ability to evaluate how much GI contributes to the sound quality.

It is not a "device" specific issue, it is a system configuration issue. There is no way to give a hard and fast "this exact configuration" will have an issue. The exact precise mechanisms are not known so there is no way to make precise proclamations about this.

There is a higher probability there might be an issue when people have systems that have already had extensive isolation work done such as devices run off batteries, isolation transformers, optical interfaces etc.

And in the situations where we have found this happening adding a ground to exactly one point in the system has alleviated the situation, so to be accurate there has been no known situation where the switch was actually required, although it does help a LOT in figuring out what is going on so the grounding can be applied.

I am NOT going to name specific devices involved in the situations where we found this happening because it is NOT device specific, a configuration where this happened had the issue with many different pieces of equipment in the same configuration.

The upshot is that in all the isolation going on in a system just make sure you have one and only one point of ground in the system and you should not have the problem.

John S.

I have a question for those who already listened to the iso regen: how much better you would say it is when compared to the original regen?

Let's say, in a scale of 0 to 100%, how much better the iso regen is?

I know this kind of question might be tricky to answer, but I'm not looking for some scientific answer - just something to keep the curiosity & anxiety under control, lol.

xD