IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

6 minutes ago, drjimwillie said:

I have three questions for a reality check please  

I have a caps pipeline within HD Plex ATX LPS  which means that everything in my computer including the SOTM USB card get clean power.   I have a shunyata USB cable connected to an eastern electric mini max DAC supreme.  All of my components are plugged in to a Shunyata hydra. 

1.  Would the ISO regen help me?

2.  Would it defeat the ground isolation if I powered it with my HD Plex ATX ?

3.  Slightly off-topic,  I am assuming that with my set up a micro Rendu would not be a benefit is this correct?

What do you suggest I do, please. 

Thank you 

Bill

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

8 hours ago, R1200CL said:

You may tell us a little how your setup is. As the LPS-1 won't help you much unless it's feeding something. 

But for sure you should use your money on the ISO regen, if you today run only a USB cable between your PC and DAC.

Sure, my source is a week old HAL MS-3 music server w/Windows 10 feeding a Regen/Meanwell SMPS to an Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter which in turn feeds via Crystal Cable digital cable to a modified Havana 44.1 khz Dac. My whole 15,000+ library iis all 44.1 khz is that's as far as I'll be going it in my declining lifetime. My whole a/v system's foundation is on a dedicated circuit into a Pi Audio UberBuss that feeds a BPT 2400w balanced power conditioner. I have Acoustic Revive RGC-24 Grounding Devices on all my components which has me questioning the need for the isolation aspects of the ISO Regen other than the ISO Regen itself is a better build. What I do have are tons of SMPS's in my system, from the Regen itself to the hard drives, powered RCA cables, the HAL MS-3 mini-pc itself. This all doesn't seem to affect my system like some folks, maybe because all the SMPS's are on power strips to a separate circuit from my system's dedicated circuit.

So my gut feeling is my system would see the most improvement from the LPS-1 for my Regen. I would be interested in comparing the LPS-1 between both Regens but given the choice of purchasing 1 component, I think I'd go with the more expensive LPS-1 but ask Alex if I could audition the ISO Regen at the same time in my system for future consideration. The HAL MS-3 set me back some so I can't afford anything for the foreseeable future anyways.

The bottom line here is the Regen w/Meanwell SMPS transformed my PC audio into a non-fatiguing system when I had my 2002 HTPC and now that I have a dedicated for 'music use only' fanless mini-pc music server, things have only gotten better. I have no pressing need for either Uptone Audio component but,,,,, well you know how that usually plays out. :)

Robin

1 hour ago, satfrat said:

So my gut feeling is my system would see the most improvement from the LPS-1 for my Regen.

My feeling is sell the regen asap ?

Order the ISO regen !

Then later order two (or 3) LPS-1 for powering your Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter, (and the possible the ISO regen) 

Or sell that Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter, and use a Singxer F1, and use the rest of the money on a LPS-1....

5 hours ago, R1200CL said:

My feeling is sell the regen asap ?

Order the ISO regen !

Then later order two (or 3) LPS-1 for powering your Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter, (and the possible the ISO regen) 

Or sell that Empirical Off Ramp 3 USB Converter, and use a Singxer F1, and use the rest of the money on a LPS-1....

I actually have a Paul Hynes power supply for the Empirical Off-Ramp 3,, HUGE audio difference from the SMPS wallwart. I like Meanwell PS's and I really think they alone are an upgrade from the normally supplied wallwarts. 

When I was working, money wasn't as much of an issue as it is when you're retired on a fixed income. I simply don't have the disposable income to spend on merry-go round component upgrades every 1-2 years as is the case of Empirical which has had 5 Off-Ramp upgrades for their customers to spend money on every other year or so. Just can't do it anymore so I need to pick & choose my purchase "wallet battles" and be happy til such time I can afford another wallet battle. But keeping up with yearly new technology component upgrades is no longer possible.

But thanks for the input! I'll keep it in mind.

Robin

10 hours ago, drjimwillie said:

I have three questions for a reality check please  

I have a caps pipeline within HD Plex ATX LPS  which means that everything in my computer including the SOTM USB card get clean power.   I have a shunyata USB cable connected to an eastern electric mini max DAC supreme.  All of my components are plugged in to a Shunyata hydra. 

1.  Would the ISO regen help me?

2.  Would it defeat the ground isolation if I powered it with my HD Plex ATX ?

3.  Slightly off-topic,  I am assuming that with my set up a micro Rendu would not be a benefit is this correct?

What do you suggest I do, please. 

Thank you 

Bill

Why don't you buy, take your free trial time and return for refund if IsoRegen doesn't fit?  Hearing is believing and virtually nobody have the production version yet.

9 hours ago, satfrat said:

I actually have a Paul Hynes power supply for the Empirical Off-Ramp 3,, HUGE audio difference from the SMPS wallwart. I like Meanwell PS's and I really think they alone are an upgrade from the normally supplied wallwarts. 

When I was working, money wasn't as much of an issue as it is when you're retired on a fixed income. I simply don't have the disposable income to spend on merry-go round component upgrades every 1-2 years as is the case of Empirical which has had 5 Off-Ramp upgrades for their customers to spend money on every other year or so. Just can't do it anymore so I need to pick & choose my purchase "wallet battles" and be happy til such time I can afford another wallet battle. But keeping up with yearly new technology component upgrades is no longer possible.

But thanks for the input! I'll keep it in mind.

Robin

Makes good sense.  In situations like this, where a product hasn't been released yet, I think it's probably best to wait until people can give you listening impressions in systems similar to yours, rather than working with hypotheticals.  I'm sure you know this too, but like all of us, you're anxious. :)

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

9 minutes ago, Superdad said:

What, so nobody's going to guess about the purpose of my "hang-60" dead-REGEN surfboard?

An attempt by you to risk your life at the beach?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

go get on that plane, Alex! 9_9

and enjoy ;)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > Metrum Acoustics Forte power amplifier (or  First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

58 minutes ago, Superdad said:

What, so nobody's going to guess about the purpose of my "hang-60" dead-REGEN surfboard?

Is it to impress the ladies while you are strolling on the beach rockin your yellow speedo?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

A fretboard for a koa-bodied zither?

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

1 hour ago, Superdad said:

Wouldn't it be nice?  B|

God only knows?

Late 2012 Mac Mini > Audirvana+3 > iFi Zen Stream > Heimdall 2 USB >  iFi iDSD Micro BL > Pass Labs INT-30A > DeVore The Nines! + REL Strata III

Well-Tempered Amadeus Benz ACE SL > Pass Labs XOno

"Water is the most critical resource issue of our lifetime and our children's lifetime. The health of our waters is the principal measure of how we live on the land." - Luna Leopold

Not sure I can say this in a family forum, but: Foreplay?

If not that, to see how many Regens can dance on the head of Amir?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

4 hours ago, Superdad said:

so nobody's going to guess

The ultimate Regen AC6 Cascade - 60 stages of SI (Signal Improvement), resulting in AZN (Absolute Zero Noise), due to enhanced zE (zero electricity). Uniquely useful for bridging large gaps between source and DAC. Limited Edition - as advertised on TV.