IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

37 minutes ago, Superdad said:

46mm.

Once again thanks for the answer. 

Main system
TAD D1000mk2, TAD M2500mk2, TAD CE-1, Ansuz Mainz 8 C2, Ansuz Darkz D-TC, 
Qobuz Studio -> Roon ROCK on NUC -> Uptone etherREGEN -> dCS Network Bridge -> AES/EBU -> DAC
HD Plex 200W PSU (4 rail for ISP fiber, router, etherREGEN and NUC)

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Just to confirm, is the CCHD-575 Crystek in the ISO Regen powered by 3.3V?

(JRiver) Jetway barebones NUC (mod 3 sCLK-EX, Cybershaft OP 14)  (PH SR7) => mini pcie adapter to PCIe 1X => tXUSBexp PCIe card (mod sCLK-EX) (PH SR7) => (USPCB) Chord DAVE => Omega Super 8XRS/REL t5i  (All powered thru Topaz Isolation Transformer)

1 hour ago, ElviaCaprice said:

Just to confirm, is the CCHD-575 Crystek in the ISO Regen powered by 3.3V?

Yes.

All 4 of the 5(!) ultra-ultra-low-noise LT3042 200mA regulators in the ISO are set to 3.3V.  (One is set to 1.2V for half of the hub chip; and a sixth reg, a 1A TI TPS7A4700 serves up clean 5VBUS to DACs/DDCs that need it.  Plus there are carefully chosen PS bypass caps a couple millimeters away from almost every chip power pin.

9 hours ago, Quadman said:

@hurka  your message is confusing but if you ask does 7V input voltage hurt the iso-regen the answer is no, it works best with voltages from 6-8 volts.  So you are good.

No,my iso regen powered 2 voltages. 7volt/dc socket and 5v/usb with  Ycable .

I'm not so good:)

18 hours ago, hurka said:

and 5v/usb with  Ycable .

I'm not so good:)

USB 5V is obvious, are you saying you power 2 devices off your USB port with a Y USB cable?  Why would you do that?  You could always use another USB port for just power.  USB ports are limited to .5A.

On 20.07.2017 at 5:00 AM, Superdad said:

Yes.

All 4 of the 5(!) ultra-ultra-low-noise LT3042 200mA regulators in the ISO are set to 3.3V.  (One is set to 1.2V for half of the hub chip; and a sixth reg, a 1A TI TPS7A4700 serves up clean 5VBUS to DACs/DDCs that need it.  Plus there are carefully chosen PS bypass caps a couple millimeters away from almost every chip power pin.

Hi!Do I understand that REGEN is ISO 5 pieces LT3042 200mA and 1 piece 1A TI TPS7A4700?

My system: Audio computer-based Snakeoil with linear supply>PPA v2+power supply for ti4700>, IS0 REGEN+power supply for ti4700>Teac NT503>power amplifier>

The best Linux system for music!!! :xhttps://www.snakeoil-os.net/   :x

8 hours ago, Superdad said:

Hey everyone, check this out...

A greeting for everyone from Spain in my first post in the forum.

Thanks for the warning Superdad. I've been waiting for a while for this and I've just placed the order. I have several USB connections that I do not need to extend them and I see it very suitable for it.

2 hours ago, Quasar said:

A greeting for everyone from Spain in my first post in the forum.

Thanks for the warning Superdad. I've been waiting for a while for this and I've just placed the order. I have several USB connections that I do not need to extend them and I see it very suitable for it.

Thank you for the order.  And congratulations on your first post here at CA! On behalf of the whole community here, I'll say that we will watch for many more posts from @Quasar.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:51 AM, Eaglesound said:

Please tell me.Available power supply on the TI TPS7A4700(1A ).Can I feed this power supply, ISO REGEN?

I'm sorry, I do not fully understand your question. 

Are you saying that you have a 1A power supply (based on the TI TPS regulator) and you want to know if that will be enough current to power the ISO REGEN?

if that is your question, then the answer is yes.  

Please set the voltage in the range of 5-8 volts (you can get away with 9V if your DAC does not draw much from the USB 5VBUS).

Part of why your question is confusing is because we happen to also use the TI TOS7A4700 in both the UltraCap LPS-1 and as the regulator for 5VBUS output in the ISO REGEN.  (The other 5 regulators in the ISO REGEN are the 200mA ultra-ultra-low-noise Linear Tech. LT3042--all set at 3.3V.)

Just joined the ISO Regen club!

@Superdad  Yet another power supply inquiry. You've previously mentioned that the 1-amp TI TPS7A4700 dedicated to supplying 5VBUS power gets really hot if powering a bus powered DAC/Amp. 

I plan to use the iFi AUDIO iPower 9V (or 5V, havent bought it yet) to power the IR for my Hugo 2. Since the Chord Hugo 2 will be powered separately with its own PSU (thus not bus powered), will the ISO Regen operate within acceptable temps if powered by the iFi AUDIO iPower 9V?

Also, does using a USB B> micro USB adapter for the USPCB > Hugo 2 usb input affect sound quality?

12 minutes ago, Ciukas said:

I plan to use the iFi AUDIO iPower 9V (or 5V, havent bought it yet) to power the IR for my Hugo 2. Since the Chord Hugo 2 will be powered separately with its own PSU (thus not bus powered), will the ISO Regen operate within acceptable temps if powered by the iFi AUDIO iPower 9V?

I used the iPower 9V on my IsoRegen and it worked fine though it did get a bit hot.  I asked Alex the same question and he said its fine.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Hey tboooe, yes I did read your exchange with Alex. Was just curious since the Hugo 2 isnt really bus powered.

Did you do anything to alleviate the heat? Like maybe opening up the case and installing an aluminium heatsink or two? Did you find the heat to affect SQ as Alex warned it might if the the ISO Regen gets too warm?

20 minutes ago, Ciukas said:

Did you do anything to alleviate the heat? Like maybe opening up the case and installing an aluminium heatsink or two? Did you find the heat to affect SQ as Alex warned it might if the the ISO Regen gets too warm?

Yes, I alleviated the heat issue by not using the ipower anymore!  I did not detect a change in sound quality due to the heat however.  I only stopped using the ipower purely out of being paranoid and conservative.  My intention is to purchase an LPS-1 so I can set it at 7vdc which should help with the heat.  Currently, I am powering the IsoRegen at 5vdc with my linear power supply but since my DDC the SU-1 requires VBUS power, I am wondering if I could get an improvement by using the LPS-1 instead.  

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments