IGNORED

ISO REGEN launch thread! (product web page up; photos, etc.)

3 hours ago, rickca said:

Do we get the $50 rebate if we order the ISO REGEN/LPS-1 bundle, assuming we satisfy all other qualifications?  It's a valid question because this bundle includes a Mean Well SMPS.

Would an individual exception be required? 

I think if you look again you will see that if you order the bundle you get a straight up discount when you buy; the rebate is for buyers who previously bought both a Regen and a LPS-1, and are now ordering the ISO-Regen.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Just now, firedog said:

If you order the bundle you get a straight up discount when you buy; the rebate is for buyers who previously bought both a Regen and a LPS-1, and are now ordering the ISO-Regen.

Yeah, I know that.  I previously bought both a REGEN and an LPS-1, and I now am going to order an ISO REGEN.

But instead of ordering only an ISO REGEN, I'd like to get an additional LPS-1 ... so the bundle is attractive.  

There are two distinct discounts, one for the bundle and one for customer loyalty.  Can we please leave this for Alex to answer?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

4 hours ago, R1200CL said:

1. Will a combination of MicroRendu and the ISO Regen improve SQ ? Did any of you test ?

2. Should I use a Y-split or a second LPS-1 ?

3. And what should be the difference expected with dual LPS-1 vs an Y-split. Maybe John can explain ?

4. Any plans of offering DC cables at some stage ? (With that original Oyaide plugs )

5. If you say Y-split will not affect SQ, any plans of offering a Y-split DC cable with original Oyaide plugs. (If that is doable at all. Is it ?)

6. Can I order now and postpone shipping in order to have a second USPCB added to the order ?

7. Reason for asking is of cause to have USPCB in both ends of the ISO Regen, or is that wrong way of thinking.

8.Can you post pictures with use of both  90 degree and straight USPCB together with MicroRendu and DAC or USB/SPDIF converter added.

I'd be interested in the answers to questions 1 & 2, also.

7 hours ago, Em2016 said:

Hi Alex @Superdad @JohnSwenson

Has John heard the absolutely final production build too?  Or has he left the final approval to your expert ears !

Only asking because of his movements with looking for a home etc and wondering if he's had a chance to hear the final thing. Perhaps it was difficult for him (logistically) to hear the final thing, so thought I'd ask.

Only asking out of general interest and as a John S fan, no other reason.

Cheers, Sean

No, I have not been able to listen to the final production board. I have no separate DACs with me at this point. The only thing I have is a SqueezeBox Touch which has an integrated DAC and headphone amp. (oh yeah the LPS-1 to power the SBT). There is no way I can listen to the board at this point, all I can do is plug a USB stick in and see that it does in fact work as a hub and transfer data.

When we moved I had to really streamline things and take the minimum amount of stuff, basically what would fit in the car. It will be July before I can actually hear this.

John S.

Hello all,

I currently own a sMS-200 feeding a W4S USB Recovery into my DAC (Yulong DA8 MKII), both the sMS-200 and W4S Recovery are powered by separate LPS-1's.

I plan on replacing the W4S Recovery with an ISO Regen.

Once I have an ISO Regen in place, is there any advantage to using a sMS-200 or another NAA vs a normal USB 3.0 port out of my computer?

Since the ISO Regen creates a "Moat" between incoming and outgoing USB signal, does the original signal quality still matter?

Basically I would like to eliminate the need for a sMS-200 and go back to the following chain:  computer --> ISO Regen --> DAC. but I will only do this if if there is no loss in sound quality vs the sMS-200.

Thanks

Darren

6 hours ago, R1200CL said:

1. Will a combination of MicroRendu and the ISO Regen improve SQ ? Did any of you test ?

2. Should I use a Y-split or a second LPS-1 ?

3. And what should be the difference expected with dual LPS-1 vs an Y-split. Maybe John can explain ?

4. Any plans of offering DC cables at some stage ? (With that original Oyaide plugs )

5. If you say Y-split will not affect SQ, any plans of offering a Y-split DC cable with original Oyaide plugs. (If that is doable at all. Is it ?)

6. Can I order now and postpone shipping in order to have a second USPCB added to the order ?

7. Reason for asking is of cause to have USPCB in both ends of the ISO Regen, or is that wrong way of thinking.

8.Can you post pictures with use of both  90 degree and straight USPCB together with MicroRendu and DAC or USB/SPDIF converter added.

Really wish to know answers to 1,2,3,6,7,8 too. Especially, if we use microrendu to isoregen, is it unnecessary to use the uspcb inbetween? or it would improve the signal integrity?

thank you!

Just an open Question for the Regen owners. What was the best way to support it? I know people used wood blocks. I can only think of Lego as an adaptable solution. Or find a mini bottle jack.

Anyone come up with a good solution?

Cheers Dave

5 minutes ago, Middy said:

Just an open Question for the Regen owners. What was the best way to support it? I know people used wood blocks. I can only think of Lego as an adaptable solution. Or find a mini bottle jack.

Anyone come up with a good solution?

Cheers Dave

the regen is quite light so you don't actually have to support it -- i've had mine hanging off the back of my gumby for a couple of years with no problems.

if you need to support it, you can use just about anything.  legos actually sound like a great idea -- you can get an exact fit.

(1) holo audio red (hqp naa) > chord dave > luxman cl-38uc/mq-88uc > kef reference 1
(2) simaudio moon mind 2 > chord qutest > luxman sq-n150 > monitor audio gold gx100

@SuperdadWill i be able to add a second USPCB to my ISO REGEN order?  I'd like to be able to completely eliminate my USB cable.

Digital:  Sonore opticalModule > Uptone EtherRegen > Shunyata Sigma Ethernet > Antipodes K30 > Shunyata Omega USB > Gustard X26pro DAC < Mutec REF10 SE120

Amp & Speakers:  Spectral DMA-150mk2 > Aerial 10T

Foundation: Stillpoints Ultra, Shunyata Denali v1 and Typhon x1 power conditioners, Shunyata Delta v2 and QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation and Infinity power cords, QSA Lanedri Gamma Revelation XLR interconnect, Shunyata Sigma Ethernet, MIT Matrix HD 60 speaker cables, GIK bass traps, ASC Isothermal tube traps, Stillpoints Aperture panels, Quadraspire SVT rack, PGGB 256

7 hours ago, JohnSwenson said:

No, I have not been able to listen to the final production board. I have no separate DACs with me at this point. The only thing I have is a SqueezeBox Touch which has an integrated DAC and headphone amp. (oh yeah the LPS-1 to power the SBT). There is no way I can listen to the board at this point, all I can do is plug a USB stick in and see that it does in fact work as a hub and transfer data.

When we moved I had to really streamline things and take the minimum amount of stuff, basically what would fit in the car. It will be July before I can actually hear this.

John S.

Thanks John. Really appreciate the honesty and full transparency. Even though it wouldn't affect my decision to purchase the ISO REGEN anyway, since there is a 30 day trial offered. 

Hope the search for a new place is going well.

1 hour ago, JohnSwenson said:

On the questions about what I have tested, my testing has been before we moved, and primarily concerned with getting it to work with all sources and DACs. This product was very difficult to get out, we found all kinds of strange interactions between the isolator chip and the hub chip, and in isolated systems period. The last several months before we moved I was spending almost every moment packing, but Alex kept on bugging me to get the ISO REGEN working, so I spent as much time as possible on it. Well I got it done the day before I packed up the listening room, so I have not had hardly any time to actually listen to the final design.

John S.

John, I'm going to grab the bull by the horns here (respectfully as always of course).

Any chance you will publish test results of the original REGEN vs ISO REGEN?

Eye pattern measurements that have long been mentioned in other threads?

Obviously you don't have the gear to measure right now but I assume you did at some point?

Cheers! 

20 hours ago, Superdad said:

• A USB 3.1 hub chip specially selected for both its proven compatibility and for its extraordinary measured signal integrity (the best we have seen).

Since you brought it up, can you provide measurements of the ISO REGEN as a complete system?  That will show the big picture of what the ISO is doing objectively, which I really do like.  

W10 NUC i7 (Gen 10) > Roon (Audiolense FIR) > Motu UltraLite mk5 > (4) Hypex NCore NC502MP > JBL M2 Master Reference +4 subs

Watch my Podcast https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXMw_bZWBMtRWNJQfTJ38kA/videos

9 hours ago, rickca said:

Yeah, I know that.  I previously bought both a REGEN and an LPS-1, and I now am going to order an ISO REGEN.

But instead of ordering only an ISO REGEN, I'd like to get an additional LPS-1 ... so the bundle is attractive.  

There are two distinct discounts, one for the bundle and one for customer loyalty.  Can we please leave this for Alex to answer?

Hi Rick:

Just catching up here.  This morning I had over 100 new messages in my e-mail box!  So I've been avoiding the forum for most of the day (can't believe it is already 6:00 p.m. here).

We really appreciate all the enthusiasm--and past purchases--from so many here.  But my thinking behind the "loyalty rebate" was for it as a way to bring parity with the $50 savings of the ISO REGEN/LPS-1 bundle for those who already bought an UltraCap LPS-1 for their original USB REGEN.

I have thought about this for a long time, and while I am sure we could debate and find merits in doing things differently, I have decided that the rebate terms will remain just as set forth, and that no rebate will be made for purchasers of the $655 ISO/LPS-1 bundle.  The discount is "baked into" the price, and anything further would be "double-dipping."

We believe that, even separately,  both the ISO REGEN and the UltraCap LPS-1 are priced VERY fairly for the performance they deliver.  Plus all ISO REGEN are coming "free" with the USPCB adapter, which unlike the prior adapter (bought in bags of 500) takes some as yet unknown amount of labor time to prepare (and we have to keep track of standard and 90-degree-rotated requests.)

All our products are priced for direct sale with modest profits--hopefully enough to fuel our ambitious planned (and staying secrete!) future adventures.

[Many of our competitors have to retail price their products to allow for 30-60% discounts to their networks of dealers and distributors, so by default they are building in a bunch of flexibility to offer special sales and discounts.  We could price our products higher and then offer specials, but that is not our model.] 

Thanks in advance for your understanding regarding all this.

--Alex C.

6 hours ago, Alexandre said:

Hello Alex can you sendo iso regen To Brazil?

Of course, we ship worldwide all the time!  

B|

For Brazil I recommend you either stay with the $34 Priority Mail Intl., or go for the $88 FedEx option.  We have had trouble with Express Mail (EMS) into Brazil in that USPS won't pay for loss claims to Brazil.  For regular Priority Mail we use a private insurance company that make claims very easy.

All clear, Alex.

Now, just setting the alarm for the Melb, Aust 2am wake up ... hmm, maybe there's a midnight futbol kickoff somewheres ...

macmini M1>ethernet / elgar iso tran(2.5kVa, .0005pfd)>consonance pw-3 boards>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360)>etherRegen(js-2)>ghent ethernet(et linkway cat8 jssg360) >ultraRendu (clones lpsu>lps1.2)>curious regen link>rme adi-2 dac(js-2)>cawsey cables>naquadria sp2 passive pre> 1.naquadria lucien mkII.5 power>elac fs249be + elac 4pi plus.2> 2.perreaux9000b(mods)>2x naquadria 12” passive subs.

6 hours ago, kennyb123 said:

@SuperdadWill i be able to add a second USPCB to my ISO REGEN order?  I'd like to be able to completely eliminate my USB cable.

Sorry, but NOBODY is going to receive more than one USPCB until ALL of the first 250 ISO REGENs are shipped.

Only way to get more than one USPCB (short of ordering 2 ISO REGENs) is to wait until the first ISO REGEN run is sold out and then order in the second round (ship date not yet known, but early-June seems likely.

We will produce USPCBs in the days/weeks between first and second ISO REGEN shipments, so mailing small First Class Mail pouches with them might be a reasonable choice.

All you will ever have to do to know if you can order extra USPCB A>B Adapters is to check the product web page.  The moment I am comfortable accepting orders for those the "AddToCart" button will appear (as will a promised shipping timeframe).