IGNORED

Sorry for the complete OT, but...

Jud

Did you folks happen to see what Messi did in El Clasico today?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

What amazes me isn't of course that he scored, or even that he pretty well single-footedly decided the match. It's that on the first goal he makes some of the best soccer players in the world look like kids in a schoolyard as he runs around and through them.  This is stuff unique to a Messi or Maradona or Pele, I think.

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

8 hours ago, Solstice380 said:

Not to mention all of that came after he was severely bloodied early in the first half.   

I have a feeling the result may have had something to do with that - not that Messi isn't capable of such things without this sort of incentive.

Messi is Messi. A god on the soccer field. 

Apparently not much off of the pitch, but we don't care too much about that, do we. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, Jud said:

I have a feeling the result may have had something to do with that - not that Messi isn't capable of such things without this sort of incentive.

Messi's never scored against Chelsea (8 Champions League matches) and he's had plenty of incentive, not least the jeering of the Chelsea fans. Some things are just never meant to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckfAtBoIJ1E

Hopefully the gods will set up another 'CL Clasico' with Chelsea's return next season - can't wait to see him messi-it up yet again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq9waHBArdo

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox

16 hours ago, Jud said:

What amazes me isn't of course that he scored, or even that he pretty well single-footedly decided the match. It's that on the first goal he makes some of the best soccer players in the world look like kids in a schoolyard as he runs around and through them.  This is stuff unique to a Messi or Maradona or Pele, I think.

Or a Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

8 minutes ago, semente said:

Some may think so.

:D

Just now, sphinxsix said:

Thanks for Pele. Yep, I was quite good :D

He's definitely more narcissistic. Overall.. ;)

He is that too.

But we are discussing football playing ability, not personality. B|

29 minutes ago, semente said:

He is that too.

But we are discussing football playing ability, not personality. B|

I'm with Jud on this one.

As for Golden Shoe award - do you have lots of respect for Grammy awards or Oscars.?

I don't. They are as often right as wrong IMO. I watched 'La, La Land' some days ago. I strongly recommend not watching it to anyone who's interested in good cinema. It's an empty, meaningless movie for me. Ok, I'll stop here, I don't want to derail the thread.

It barely needs to be said again, but Messi is other-worldly.  Certainly no one else aside from Pele or Maradonna  comes close.  The 2 Ronnies were / are both fine players but were quite human - good games , bad games.... Messi is a whole different level. 

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

On 24 April 2017 at 7:52 PM, sphinxsix said:

I'm with Jud on this one.

As for Golden Shoe award - do you have lots of respect for Grammy awards or Oscars.?

I don't. They are as often right as wrong IMO. I watched 'La, La Land' some days ago. I strongly recommend not watching it to anyone who's interested in good cinema. It's an empty, meaningless movie for me. Ok, I'll stop here, I don't want to derail the thread.

You're still crossed we beat you on penalties last year and ended up the champions... :P

4 hours ago, semente said:

You're still crossed we beat you on penalties last year and ended up the champions... :P

Ok, here's what we gonna do. A football match! Two teams - @Jud @firedog @OldBigEars @TubeLover @sphinxsix (I'll repeat it again - my school nickname was Pele :D) and MESSI  vs you (does someone else think that R9 is better than M .?) and Ronaldo. I must say I'd prefer a handball field size though  not Camp Nou..xD

I can mail  both players and propose them full lifetime CA membership, the future CA store discount if it's ok with @The Computer Audiophile (and the dealers) and free audio advice from CA community.

Chris would you agree to be a referee in a match like that.?

Hope they will be interested.

But first - are you in? B|