IGNORED

Synergistic Research: SCAM

9 hours ago, GUTB said:

Also? I could hear JACK SQUAT changes in the demo. A few people around me would comment on the changes but I could hear nothing -- at least as best I could manage with the small clips and pauses in between changes. I really tried, but I could hear nothing.

Not everybody has golden ears. Remember it's either your ears or your gear(s) not being good enough. And as I've been admonished: It'll at least save me $$. 

I'll get around to uploading the video, I promise...it's just too big to deal with at the hotel.

If anything I wanted to be impressed. I would have bought something right then and there if it worked. In fact I had 7k ready to drop on the first thing (show special, marketplace deal, etc) that excited me. And I left that room with a desire to spread the news about the scam artists.

Meanwhile I never heard of Skogrand Cables, and thier products don't look like anything special...but they had one of the few stand-out rooms at the show.

20170422_102753.thumb.jpg.e9eeb25b37b991e82ec7ac894e31a4d1.jpg

5 minutes ago, Speedskater said:

Just this morning a magazine technical writer & blogger posted about AXPONA 2017:

I always visit Synergistic Research suite not for their tweaks which I consider ineffective, but for the great sound system and music they usually have.

Lol. True their system was indeed very nice. Reaolving, dynamics, inner detail, musical, and holographic soundstage.

I don't know much about their tweaks BUT they made some effective cables and PCs. I say made because I haven't heard any of the new ones.

Aurender N10, Esoteric F-05 Integrated Amplifier, Synergistic Active USB, Oppo 203, Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker cables, Legacy Audio Focus SE, Rega Planar 10 turntable with Aphelion 2 cartridge.

On 4/23/2017 at 6:09 AM, GUTB said:

Lol. True their system was indeed very nice. Reaolving, dynamics, inner detail, musical, and holographic soundstage.

I spent some time in the SR room at RMAF this past year.  He was playing Eva Cassidy through a VAC/Magico system (not sure what the digital front end was) and my gosh, I had never heard her like that (or since) - absolutely to die for.  The presenter (who I believe was the principle) kept moving his thimbles full of "nano technology" around the room asking me and the two other guys in the room if we could hear the difference.  I just smiled (I did not want to lie) because I just wanted to hear Eva resurrected.

The Nordost cable power cable demonstration was also a howler...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

44 minutes ago, crenca said:

I spent some time in the SR room at RMAF this past year.  He was playing Eva Cassidy through a VAC/Magico system (not sure what the digital front end was) and my gosh, I had never heard her like that (or since) - absolutely to die for.  The presenter (who I believe was the principle) kept moving his thimbles full of "nano technology" around the room asking me and the two other guys in the room if we could hear the difference.  I just smiled (I did not want to lie) because I just wanted to hear Eva resurrected.

The Nordost cable power cable demonstration was also a howler...

Interesting, though: Yes, I too take pretty much everything they say with an eyeroll, but isn't it funny how they know how to get sound that people react to favorably?

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

Their system really was amazing. They played one track with a flute (or the heavier version I forget the name of), and the breathiness of the instrument was so palpable and real.

I didn't go see Nordost. What were they up to?

• 5 years later...

My opinion of Ted Denney is solely based upon his thinking out of the box and inventing products that others have never thought of. His products work in the real world, but unfortunately are difficult to appreciate via Youtube videos and scientific explanation. Some of the effects are subtle, some obvious, but all add up to a positive improvement. I was a total skeptic, scoffed at the explanations, thought this was all voodoo & bs until hearing with my (& my wife's) ears. I have a very critical ear, my wife's even more so, and we've walked away from many audio products that did nothing more than placebo. I don't know how his stuff works - but it does; and I don't know of anyone besides Mr Denney who have done what he has. That is why I consider him a genius. You may not like him, I have never spoken with him and frankly don't care about his personality or likeability, but what we hear in our system, products invented & developed from his fertile mind, is beyond denial - and damn impressive.