IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Drive Mounter 101

vortecjr

18 hours ago, Mike Rubin said:

Not sure whether you meant this for me, Jesus, or just for carmagff, but mine isn't a case of the control app not finding the files mapped to the microrendu.  Instead, it's one of the files not mapping at all.  That is true whether I insert my NAS' IP address (192.168.0.10) or its network folder name (\\medianas\music). 

For future SE revisions, one thing that might be helpful would be to have a "browse" function in the SMB Share Name field.  That way, if the drive showed up on the network, you could just select it.  Then, it wouid show up in the file directory or not, but there wouldn't be a question of pointing at the wrong place. 

One thing I haven't pointed out in my previous posts because I didn't think it would be likely to matter:  When I delete Drive Mounter, reboot, add back Drive Mounter, reboot, and go to set up Drive Mounter, it always retains the previous filled-in entries in the fields on the setup screen. Thus, with data already populating the fields that need completion after reinstallation, I delete that information and add back (the same) information manually. 

It accordingly appears that the re-installations are not entirely clean ones.  Perhaps there is something vestigial that gets in the way of the many, many, many reinstallations that I have attempted in the past few months.  (I usually try to reinstall the Drive Mounter and set it up again whenever there has been an OS update.)

That said, the Network Folder shown in my screenshot is where I pointed when I was using the Drive Mounter successfully in 2.3.  There were no changes in my network in the ten minutes that it took to change over from 2.3 to 2.5 using the SD card.   Also, YMPD fails to find files in the NAS directory of localhost below the root.

If you can't replicate the issue, though, I understand that we can't resolve it.  Plus, as I said, the DLNA function works well and is an acceptable substitute.  I just raised the issue again because it appeared that others might be having issues mounting drives as well. 

The information was for carmagff. No one else as far as I know is having this issue. Maybe contact Andrew at SGC and see if he can help you. However, if you are using DLNA that should be all you need because it avoids all this extra work.

17 hours ago, m3lraaHnevetS said:

Maybe @vortecjr could make a little how-to video showing how to make a clean start and install, mount, etc everything needed to get MPD working with Android and iOS controls?

I did get DLNA working and the SQ is nowhere near HQP NAA.... so the only reason for me to put any effort in MPD would be to know MPD’s SQ could be better than DLNA... my question is: is there a sound quality difference between DLNA and MPD? Or are they the same thing?

I updated the images on the top post...all that a video would show is me pressing Save. When you use DLNA you are sending the stream directly to MPD for playback internally. The DLNA portion of the app is just telling MPD what to play. 

• 4 weeks later...

New Sonore Signature SE owner here. It appears I'm having Mike Rubin's problem. Using Drive Mounter, I can mount an SMB share, which I can successfully browse using my laptop as storage_readonly/nas

But, per Drive Mounter's SMB settings tab, aren't the files supposed to mount to storage_readonly/music/flac/nas

Perhaps this discrepancy is why MPD fails to index anything?

Thanks, friends!

4 hours ago, cclay said:

New Sonore Signature SE owner here. It appears I'm having Mike Rubin's problem. Using Drive Mounter, I can mount an SMB share, which I can successfully browse using my laptop as storage_readonly/nas

But, per Drive Mounter's SMB settings tab, aren't the files supposed to mount to storage_readonly/music/flac/nas

Perhaps this discrepancy is why MPD fails to index anything?

Thanks, friends!

I've solved the same problem.

Try to uninstall both apps (MPD and Drive Mounter). Reboot. Install MPD and Mounter and reboot again.

It helped in my case.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/10/2017 at 6:38 PM, Mike Rubin said:

Not sure whether you meant this for me, Jesus, or just for carmagff, but mine isn't a case of the control app not finding the files mapped to the microrendu.  Instead, it's one of the files not mapping at all.  That is true whether I insert my NAS' IP address (192.168.0.10) or its network folder name (\\medianas\music). 

For future SE revisions, one thing that might be helpful would be to have a "browse" function in the SMB Share Name field.  That way, if the drive showed up on the network, you could just select it.  Then, it wouid show up in the file directory or not, but there wouldn't be a question of pointing at the wrong place. 

One thing I haven't pointed out in my previous posts because I didn't think it would be likely to matter:  When I delete Drive Mounter, reboot, add back Drive Mounter, reboot, and go to set up Drive Mounter, it always retains the previous filled-in entries in the fields on the setup screen. Thus, with data already populating the fields that need completion after reinstallation, I delete that information and add back (the same) information manually. 

It accordingly appears that the re-installations are not entirely clean ones.  Perhaps there is something vestigial that gets in the way of the many, many, many reinstallations that I have attempted in the past few months.  (I usually try to reinstall the Drive Mounter and set it up again whenever there has been an OS update.)

That said, the Network Folder shown in my screenshot is where I pointed when I was using the Drive Mounter successfully in 2.3.  There were no changes in my network in the ten minutes that it took to change over from 2.3 to 2.5 using the SD card.   Also, YMPD fails to find files in the NAS directory of localhost below the root.

If you can't replicate the issue, though, I understand that we can't resolve it.  Plus, as I said, the DLNA function works well and is an acceptable substitute.  I just raised the issue again because it appeared that others might be having issues mounting drives as well. 

Sorry to stick me head into this discussion but I just set up an ultraRendu yesterday after spending several hours trying to get the unit to actually see my NAS. Everything appeared to work fine but no music files were ever accessible or seen by mpd. The problem turned out to be that my smb settings on my Synology NAS were set to minimum protocol of smb1 and maximum protocol of smb2. The maximum protocol needs to be set to smb3 (Control Panel > File Services > smb Adavanced Settings). Again, apologies if this is really basic and obvious.

Main System: [Synology DS216, Rpi-4b LMS (pCP)], Holo Audio Red, Ayre QX-5 Twenty, Ayre KX-5 Twenty, Ayre VX-5 Twenty, Revel Ultima Studio2, Iconoclast speaker cables & interconnects, RealTraps acoustic treatments

Living Room: Sonore ultraRendu, Ayre QB-9DSD, Simaudio MOON 340iX, B&W 802 Diamond

10 hours ago, Axiom05 said:

Sorry to stick me head into this discussion but I just set up an ultraRendu yesterday after spending several hours trying to get the unit to actually see my NAS. Everything appeared to work fine but no music files were ever accessible or seen by mpd. The problem turned out to be that my smb settings on my Synology NAS were set to minimum protocol of smb1 and maximum protocol of smb2. The maximum protocol needs to be set to smb3 (Control Panel > File Services > smb Adavanced Settings). Again, apologies if this is really basic and obvious.

Nice catch...thanks for posting this information.

On 2/8/2018 at 6:41 AM, Axiom05 said:

Axiom, thank you.  I appreciate your jumping in.  Unfortunately, although my Synology range is from SMB1 through SMB3, I can't see the music files in the microrendu NAS directory.  

Living room:  Synology 218+ NAS > NUC 10 i7 > HQP Embedded > xfinity Xfi Router > Netgear GS348 Switch > Sonore Optical Module Deluxe > Sonore Signature Rendu SE Optical Tier 2 > Okto DAC 8 Stereo > Topping Pre90 Preamp > Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini > Revel F32 Concertas

Computer Desk System: Synology DS-218+ NAS > Dell XPS 8930/NUC 10 i7  > HQP Desktop > xfinity Xfi Router > EtherRegen > ultraRendu > Topping D90 DAC > Audioengine A5+'s