IGNORED

Lindemann Musicbook DSD DAC Users and Experiences.

Hi,

I have recently purchased a Lindemann Musicbook (MB) 20 DSD.  I couldn't see many posts/info on MB here, so I thought I'd start a new thread to see if there are other users who'd be willing share their experiences.

I favour one box solutions, I started with a Benchmark DAC1 then owned a Zodiac Gold for years.

I run my MB directly into my active speakers as it has a very good analog volume control. 

It's been enjoying great reviews and I'm not at all surprised as I'm really impressed with it. It can upsample or play native DSD (256) and hi-res PCM (384) files, the remote app supports TIDAL streaming too.
At the moment I'm mostly using my MB with USB connected to Macmini running Audirvana + 3.

It would be good to hear from other users with their opinions and experiences.
I'm hoping the sound will improve a bit more as I clock more hours on it but I'd be happy to share my experiences and answer any questions.

Happy listening to all.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Mev,

I've bought the musicbook 25 DSD about 2 months ago (with the CD player). This a a great device IMO. I was using a Belcanto DAC 3.7 with a Ulink previously. I have no regret ...at all... I'm using Qobuz and a Synology to stream music via ethernet. I've tried the USB which is great as well but since I start streaming / using a server, I've stop using it. I also use a Rowen RP-1 turntable with a preamp on the analog input. This is a real "swiss army knife", so easy to use. The sonic is perfect to my ears. DSD upsampling is great for classical/jazz but not necessarly good for rock music (as a general comment). App is fast, easy to understand. The only cons will be the ability to read the cover art. Most of the time covers show up but for few of them, no success (I've tried to add cover.jpg in the folder and other technics but without any success...). On top of that the remote is really nice and I'm happy to use it when I do not want to boot my tablet...

Since two months, I never thought to upgrade it...

Fred

Bel Canto CD2 > Bel Canto DAC 1.5 > Bel Canto Ref500s > ATC SCM 20 SL

Windows 7 > JRiver MC 17

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and experiences Fred, much appreciated.

I see that you're an ATC user too! :)
Have you ever considered ATC actives ?

Best.
Mev

mevdinc.com (My autobiography)
Recently sold my ATC EL 150 Actives!