IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

7 hours ago, Booster MPS said:

Knowing what I know today, the Aries Femto gives me my all in one server/network streamer solution, just curious on what is around the corner.

Isn't that the perennial question in Technology?

There's always going to be something newer, better just around the corner.

My advice? Study the technology and product releases. IMO, there are a lot of excellent choices right now for a digital front-end in all price ranges and specific capabilities.

Personally, I'm waiting for the G2 family to round out my choices so far.

This year it's audio, next year revisit 4k flat panels.

They are excellent right now but not enough price competition.

2018 will hopefully be a lot more competitive.

Before anyone jumps on the 4k tangent, it really is the same discussion: The Maturity of the Market, Technology, Value & Personal Priorities.

• 2 weeks later...

Good Afternoon Xuanqian,

Thanks for all of the info on the new G2 series! I personally have the Vega and absolutely love it and I think/believe a lot of it has to do with the quality of the analog outputs (well at least the balanced...) and I haven't seen any mention of the outputs on the new G2 version (granted I skimmed some of the messages here mainly a certain heated discussion). Is the new G2 version also going to be ORFEO based, preferably on both balanced and unbalanced? And trying to peer into my crystal ball, as the processing is going to quite a bit more powerful is room correction being worked on and will we be able to use the outputs in a active crossover manner, ie main plus sub config? I realize that is asking a lot but that's my simple wishlist.

Thanks again for the great products!

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/04/2017 at 11:27 AM, Wang Xuanqian said:

The G1 will be lower and there maybe G3 in the future, more expensive?

Can you give us a rough indication about when the G1 will be introduced?

NUC10i7 Roon ROCK > EtherREGEN > Lumin U1 Mini > Chord DAVE > Focal Utopia 

On 9/8/2017 at 9:59 AM, doraymon said:

Can you give us a rough indication about when the G1 will be introduced?

We should start seeing G series demo units sometime in October.

Ciamara is the trusted leader in high end audio. We deliver the tailored advice and service of the best local stereo shops, but with a dynamic, interactive experience that is only possible on the Web. For more details, we invite you to visit us at ciamara.com

Dear Xuanqian,

My dealer informed me that only black units are available for the Vega G2. I truly believe that Auralic will miss out on many sales simply because silver is not offered as a finish. I know at least 3 audiophiles who have said they will not buy the black finish because it does not go with the rest of their gear. Hope you will reconsider offering this silver option.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17.9.2017 at 7:41 PM, Louis To said:

Dear Xuanqian,

My dealer informed me that only black units are available for the Vega G2. I truly believe that Auralic will miss out on many sales simply because silver is not offered as a finish. I know at least 3 audiophiles who have said they will not buy the black finish because it does not go with the rest of their gear. Hope you will reconsider offering this silver option.

I think the correct word is silverphiles, not audiophiles.

Say NO to ROON

What incentive is there to upgrade to the new units when the LDS software is so unstable. Once the software is sorted I may consider it. But it's  a bit expensive buying one of these units to have nothing but bother trying to get it to see your music library every time you switch it on. Only way is to do a whole new set up, very frustrating. Come on Get the LDS software sorted please. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SonicYouth said:

Now we can buy the stuff. Why no review out there? Why no noise around the G2 series? What happened? I wonder how the Vega G2 compares to PS Audio DirectStream DAC, Chord Hugo 2 & Lindemann Musicbook ...

I'v now played on my new  Aries G2 for some weeks and I can promise this is a real step up from my 2 ½ year old Aries G1 femto.

Everything the Aries G1 do very well the Aries G2 do better.... I' very impressed what Auralic have done with the G2 series.

The soundstage are bigger,  deeper with more air and space. Voices are presented extremely realistic . The Aries G2 has also more information and go deeper in the lower parts.

The overall build quality are also in another league  compared to my old Aries G1.

IMG_3082a.jpeg

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo

2 hours ago, atletico said:

I'v now played on my new  Aries G2 for some weeks and I can promise this is a real step up from my 2 ½ year old Aries G1 femto.

Everything the Aries G1 do very well the Aries G2 do better.... I' very impressed what Auralic have done with the G2 series.

The soundstage are bigger,  deeper with more air and space. Voices are presented extremely realistic . The Aries G2 has also more information and go deeper in the lower parts.

The overall build quality are also in another league  compared to my old Aries G1.

IMG_3082a.jpeg

Thank you athletico for this first impression. Your setup is also very exciting. I understand that you do not need an extra DAC. Did you ever try the analogue inputs of the Kiis?

1 hour ago, SonicYouth said:

Thank you athletico for this first impression. Your setup is also very exciting. I understand that you do not need an extra DAC. Did you ever try the analogue inputs of the Kiis?

Right now I'm using the coax output from the Aries G2 to the Kii Control /"digital preamp" . It sounds very "big" and dynamic. I have also used the USB,  both sounds extremely well...The Aries G2 and Kii Three are a superb match  in my living room..

The DAC's are inside each speakers and will handle up to 24/384 kHz and DSD128 ( from the USB)  input on the Kii Control. I have three digital inputs on the Kii Control and I also use my turntable / phono-preamp analog direct into the XLR input on each speaker. All controlled by a remote to the Kii Control. The XLR input on the back of each speaker can be set up as digital or analog from the Kii Control.

Auralic Aries G2 - Kii Control -  Kii Three active speakers -  OPPO BDP 95 - Clearaudio Concept turtable / AT-33 PTG II pu /Clearaudio Maestro Wood pu - Rega Fono MC riaa / Musical Surrondings riaa

Head-fi:

Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro - Shure SE846w/Silver Dragon - Chord Mojo