IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

On 6/19/2018 at 1:07 PM, the_bat said:

This was more than ten weeks ago.

Did I miss it?

4 minutes ago, Bones13 said:

I seem to be missing a lot of promised reviews also. The Auralic support site is a bit scary to read, although I assume it is only people with problems that are there. The Lumin equivalent, the U1, is nearly twice the price, but does have a separate linear PSU. As Aurender is not supporting Roon, I am not considering their units.

Hi Guys - I had some extremely early versions of the ARIES G2 and VEGA G2 and ran into some issues that weren't representative of the product. For example, I had to send the VEGA G2 back because it wouldn't power up. Turns out the fuse inside broke. It wasn't blown, just broke. So strange. Never seen that before. I look forward to getting the G2 stuff back soon.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

think it's wiser staying at the window a couple more years and keep enjoying my Aries femto then consider something more "up the line" ?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Just now, The Computer Audiophile said:

Hi Guys - I had some extremely early versions of the ARIES G2 and VEGA G2 and ran into some issues that weren't representative of the product. For example, I had to send the VEGA G2 back because it wouldn't power up. Turns out the fuse inside broke. It wasn't blown, just broke. So strange. Never seen that before. I look forward to getting the G2 stuff back soon.

Thanks for the update @The Computer Audiophile! I have the original Aries still, but use the microRendu mostly. I suppose the Lightning DS app is much better than the last time I used it.  (before Roon came out)

Eagerly looking for reviews of the G2 series. Happy to be getting serious about looking AFTER all these issues are getting looked into.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

I use my Auralic Aries G2 with Chord DAVE and have not experienced any problem. My guess is that the support forum attracts people with issues, so it will highlight issues and not represent the percentage of devices with errors or defects. Only thing I have experienced is it the Aries G2 freezing maybe five or six times during the last 6 moths. A simple re-boot and it all worked flawlessly again. 

Two things I have yet to test is to go use wifi instead of ethernet and to test if I like Lightning DS – since I read some saying it "sounds" better than Roon on the Aries G2 (even hearing this is some "official" statement from Auralic). The wifi part is easy, if I do feel I distinguish a difference I choose whatever is preferable. Moving away from Roon is not something I want to do though. If Lightning DS does in fact feel superior then I will do some more serious blind test before switching.

Overall I'm very surprised that the Aries G2 performs so much better that my old microRendu powered by LPS-1. I also demoed it against the ultraRendu with LPS-1 with a surprisingly clear level of improvement. Yes, the Aries G2 expensive but the performance increase from the microRendu really is on pair with the price.

When all those G2 boxes become available I'm hoping my dealer can lend me the full G2 stack for a demo in my system against the Aries G2 with Chord DAVE. That would be really interesting (and maybe another expensive experience ? )

45 minutes ago, Tejo said:

Two things I have yet to test is to go use wifi instead of ethernet and to test if I like Lightning DS – since I read some saying it "sounds" better than Roon on the Aries G2 (even hearing this is some "official" statement from Auralic). The wifi part is easy, if I do feel I distinguish a difference I choose whatever is preferable. Moving away from Roon is not something I want to do though. If Lightning DS does in fact feel superior then I will do some more serious blind test before switching.

https://community.auralic.com/t/aries-g2-vs-vega-g2-streaming-sq/1747/34?u=drtone

Roon Rock->Auralic Aria G2->Schiit Yggdrasil A2->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301 Monos->Wilson Audio Sabrinas

yes, my Aries femto sounds (slightly) better using Lightning DS than as Roon endpoint, but Roon is such a pleasure that... I live with it but for streaming Qobuz, obviously

give it try ;)

on the G2... hope when CA will (finally ? ) publish his review he'll also do a comparison with the original Aries (possibly powered with a great LPS, not the stock one)

when I read Mr. Wang's assessment of SQ between various incarnation (Aries Mini 100%, Aries femto 120%, Aries G2 140%) was definitely put off. Plus... the italian importer has never seen one: if I want it I must pay upfront and have it custom ordered ?

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

Thanks guys, I did a small test today and I think I heard improvements when using wifi. Since it's a delay of maybe 30 seconds when switching and I only did change back and forth three times I will try to test this over the weekend again to confirm. Hopefully I also get time to play with Lightning DS.

5 hours ago, pl_svn said:

if I want it I must pay upfront and have it custom ordered ?

I initially ordered and payed for a Sonore Signature Rendu that was supposedly in stock and would be sent to me immediately. For weeks I was promised that it would be sent "tomorrow". Halfway through the third week I got tiered of waiting and, since I had been reading a lot during this time thinking of buying something from someone appreciating their customers more, I ended up ordering the Aries G2 unheard and payed upfront.

I had never heard anything from Auralic  before, other than a friend of a friend who owned an Aries mini. I did like how the microRendu and later ultraRendu performed but I never expected the Aries G2 to take such a big leap forward in perceived sound quality. I just hoped for a slightly better sound in a one box solution. 

33 minutes ago, Tejo said:

I did like how the microRendu and later ultraRendu performed but I never expected the Aries G2 to take such a big leap forward in perceived sound quality

since both came out when I already had an Aries femto... never bothered with those ?

headphones system:

2 hours ago, Tejo said:

I had never heard anything from Auralic  before, other than a friend of a friend who owned an Aries mini. I did like how the microRendu and later ultraRendu performed but I never expected the Aries G2 to take such a big leap forward in perceived sound quality. I just hoped for a slightly better sound in a one box solution. 

Good stuff Tejo.

Keep it coming.  

• 3 months later...

Hi guys - first post on CA!

I just received my Aries G2 yesterday and have been playing it for about 24 hours.  Notice some hash I’m the treble for the first 10 hours or so which has smoothed out, but it’s still a bit leaner sounding than the Aries Femto.  Did you notice some changes in the first few days?  Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2018 at 7:08 PM, Johnzz4 said:

Hi guys - first post on CA!

I just received my Aries G2 yesterday and have been playing it for about 24 hours.  Notice some hash I’m the treble for the first 10 hours or so which has smoothed out, but it’s still a bit leaner sounding than the Aries Femto.  Did you notice some changes in the first few days?  Thanks!

For anyone interested, the Aries G2 ended up being a marked improvement over the Aries Femto.  Everything is clearer and tighter.  My experience mirrors the review from Positive Feedback.

• 2 months later...

I just purchased the Vega G2 and Leo GX and will have them by the end of the month. Hope they sound good enough together so I can eventually sell my PS Audio Directstream DAC and Aurender N100C 4TB Player.

MAIN SYSTEM - SST Ambrosia 2000 Second Edition Preamp and Son of Ampzilla II Amp, dCS Debussy DAC, Bricasti M5 Streamer, PS Audio P3 Power Plant, Aurender ACS10 Server/Streamer, Focal Sopra No. 1 Speakers, JL Audio F112 Subwoofer, Elac SUB3070 Subwoofer, 20TB Synology NAS, Small Green Computer i5/1TB SSD running Roon

HOME OFFICE SYSTEM - NAD M10 Integrated Amp/Streamer/DAC, Auralic Altair Streamer/DAC, Oppo BDP-103 SACD, KEF LS50 Speakers