IGNORED

AURALiC G2 series digital components (ARIES G2, VEGA G2 and etc) information

Hi, guys:

Firstly I would like to appreciate everyone from CA community for continuous feedbacks and suggestions. All your voice helped AURALiC developing the Lightning streaming platform and making it better. It has been more than three years since AURALiC launched its Lightning streaming platform and now we are going to bring the G2 (Grade 2, not Generation 2) series of digital components for better sound quality and more powerful functions. Since the existing ARIES discussion topic is already more than 160 pages, I would like like start a separate topic to discuss everything related to G2.

G2 is a series of sophisticated digital source equipments with AURALiC's latest technology, there are four models currently planned: Streamer, Processor, DAC and Super Clock. They can be used individually or together as a powerful digital source system through AURALiC's recent developed interface called Lightning Link. One thing I want to make clear is that G2 is a upper level product line, the models in this product line are not suppose to replace any of current product but as you may image from the name: since we have G2 (Grade 2), there could be G1 in the future. 

The price of G2 series products are still TBD. As an upper level product line, they will sure be more expensive than current models. However, AURALiC has no intention to make over-priced HiFi gear, so they will be reasonably priced and worth their value as usual. We are targeting to ship the streamer (ARIES G2) and DAC (VEGA G2) around September this year with the processor and super clock coming by around November. 

I will use this topic to explain our technology implement of each product in the future as well as answer your questions on a weekly basis. If you are attending HighEnd Munich or LAAS show in May and June, our team and I will be there to answer all questions about it.

Xuanqian Wang

L1003870-2.png

L1003861.png

L1003869.png

Really interested in learning more about the processor and super clock.  Very intriguing.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

Thank your for sharing information !

I've some couple of questions please :

- For the Super Clock, will we need one Super clock per product, like one for the DAC G2 and one for the Aries G2 or just one for the both (one super clock shared by many product) ?

- What kind of features the processor will support (Room correction, high end upsampling algorithm ...) ? It will be a device between the Aries and the DAC or something totally different ?

- The Vega G2 will be based on a ESS Sabre, a AKM or maybe a R2R ?

Best regards,

Deuch

14 hours ago, alice said:

This is going to be exciting, although please change the chassis if you are going to charge more.

This currently looks very plain and boring like the Aurender.

I like the Aries look.

Looks like a traditional Naim box. Which I've always loved.

Waversa hub > Lumin S1 > Bakoon HPA-21

16 hours ago, deuch said:

Thank your for sharing information !

I've some couple of questions please :

- For the Super Clock, will we need one Super clock per product, like one for the DAC G2 and one for the Aries G2 or just one for the both (one super clock shared by many product) ?

- What kind of features the processor will support (Room correction, high end upsampling algorithm ...) ? It will be a device between the Aries and the DAC or something totally different ?

- The Vega G2 will be based on a ESS Sabre, a AKM or maybe a R2R ?

Best regards,

Deuch

Re: Super Clock:

I'm curious about the clock and processor, as well. I'm going to make an educated guess here and say that only the DAC (and maybe the processor) could utilize the clock - you can barely see what looks like a word clock input in the lower center rear of the DAC, but I do not see a clock input on the Aries G2 in the pic at all. Maybe it's just a pre-production unit and the real one will have it...or not?

Thought the same thing, there is a BNC connector to the VEGA G2 for the clock. For the processor, we do not know ...

But i would like to know the architecture of the DAC, because the price will be high (about 5000€ il think, the actual vega cost 3200€ in France ...). Plus the clock, the processor etc ... and it will cost the same thing than a Totaldac in R2R :D

On 4/22/2017 at 2:22 AM, mikey8811 said:

Looks like the Aries G2 has an I2S input.

It has more of a rounder old Naim look than Aurender.

What do you mean by a G1? Is that an even higher version than G2 or lower?

It does not have I2S input, AURALiC use HDMI physical connector to carrier a private signal chain which called Lightning Link, to daisy chain all equipments.

The G1 will be lower and there maybe G3 in the future, more expensive?

15 hours ago, George Hincapie said:

I would like some justification from Auralic. What does the new streamer do that the Femto Aries doesn't? I want to understand what my money is going to buy me.

I am an Aries Mini and Aries Femto owner so I love what you do, but you had better work that ass if you want more of my cash; a new box with unnecessary display won't do it.

Details to come next week, but the simple answer is:

1, The chassis is from a whole piece of aluminum

2, Internal storage, like ARIES MINI and ALTAIR

3, HD resolution display on front panel

4, A learning type of IR receiver and on machine buttons for full operation including setup and music playback

5, 50% faster processor, 100% more memory (2G) for larger memory cache

6, Built-in better power supply rather than outboard one

7, Latest physical isolation technology for better sound qualify both digital and USB outputs

8, Lightning Link (The HDMI connector) which allows yo to daisy chain all devices in this series together and control using Lightning DS.

And more...

On 4/22/2017 at 0:12 AM, alice said:

This is going to be exciting, although please change the chassis if you are going to charge more.

This currently looks very plain and boring like the Aurender.

I like the Aries look.

Sharing some background on the Aries if my memory serves me correctly.  The trade off for having an internal antenna on the current gen Aries/Aries LE was that the enclosure could not be metal as it interfered with reception.  This was just a limitation of the wireless technology which probably led to the plastic implementation, and the design.  With the G2 they are pulling the power supply inside the enclosure which takes the current form factor off the table.  Also, there were some disappointed with the build quality of the current gen design and wanted a metal enclosure.  This design change addresses that but the trade off is that there are external antenna.  

I am not knocking either choice, just recounting what I remember.  Maybe others can fill in blanks where I might have mis-stated something there.  

Will the new G2 DAC have HT bypass and flawless volume control, so the preamp can finally be ditched?

That's the deal breaker for me.

Source:

*Aurender N100 (no internal disk : LAN optically isolated via FMC with *LPS) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch - split for *LPS) > Intona Industrial (injected *LPS / internally shielded with copper tape) > DIY 5cm USB link (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > W4S Recovery (*LPS) > DIY 2cm USB adaptor (5v rail removed / ground lift switch) > *Auralic VEGA (EXACT : balanced)

Control:

*Jeff Rowland CAPRI S2 (balanced)

Playback:

2 x Revel B15a subs (balanced) > ATC SCM 50 ASL (balanced - 80Hz HPF from subs)

Misc:

*Via Power Inspired AG1500 AC Regenerator

LPS: 3 x Swagman Lab Audiophile Signature Edition (W4S, Intona & FMC)

Storage: QNAP TS-253Pro 2x 3Tb, 8Gb RAM

Cables: DIY heavy gauge solid silver (balanced)

Mains: dedicated distribution board with 5 x 2 socket ring mains, all mains cables: Mark Grant Black Series DSP 2.5 Dual Screen

On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 5:32 AM, Wang Xuanqian said:

Details to come next week, but the simple answer is:

1, The chassis is from a whole piece of aluminum

2, Internal storage, like ARIES MINI and ALTAIR

3, HD resolution display on front panel

4, A learning type of IR receiver and on machine buttons for full operation including setup and music playback

5, 50% faster processor, 100% more memory (2G) for larger memory cache

6, Built-in better power supply rather than outboard one

7, Latest physical isolation technology for better sound qualify both digital and USB outputs

8, Lightning Link (The HDMI connector) which allows yo to daisy chain all devices in this series together and control using Lightning DS.

And more...

Please Wang !!!!!

Put a second HDMI output to my Esoteric D02X !!!!!

Hi Xuanqian: AURALIC has certainly been VERY busy.... (4) new surprises. I know you will save most of the details for Munich High End 2017 in 22 days...   G2 Streamer, Processor, DAC and Super Clock.. 

QUESTION

How would explain the purpose for the G2 processor in this (4) piece chain.  Wouldn't the VEGA G2 already have a processor WITH only a possible need to UPGRADE for the Super Clock?

QUESTION

AND is that a High Definition OLED display on the VEGA G2 ?

QUESTION 

ON a different level. Why have you developed a system of (4) separates. How would you summarize the sonic advantages in Auralic digital audio vs some competitors all in one?

Thank you, SL