IGNORED

Audirvana + 3.X Features Request and Bug Reports

mikeypas

As suggested from a user in the main Audirvana 3 (official) thread, I would like to create a new thread dealing only with feature requests and/or bug reports.

I would welcome users to give their input into helping others (and myself) solving their problems, but would like to request that more general discussions (such as discussions on the licensing scheme, preferences of settings and equipment, etc) be limited to the official thread.

I'll start off by requesting :

- The remote app be updated. Being able to create playlists from the app would be very helpful

- The ability to keep the screen OFF when the remote app connects to the audirvana mac

- Still have system optimizer install error on 3.0.5  - any suggestions?

Thanks for everyone's great input, and looking forward to continuing to see wonderful updates from Damien.

Merci Damien - c'est tres apprecier ton bon travail!

1. i'd like to have the A+ remote to be able to sort albums by year more then by name or both.

2. I'd love to be able to see the year of an album on the remote somewhere.

3. Could it be possible to change the filters of advanced parameters without upsampling?

4. JRiver is a little more generous on DR calculation on every files or most of them on A+, why?

i always recalculate them after A+ as done it... After A+ keeps the JRiver's one  :-)

5. I would like that A+ would be less hungry ressources while upsampling PCM to DSD...

6. A+ able to save playlists all in one shot or even the folder they were in...

be able to put them fast if problems...

7. JRiver can calculate DR for DSF file...

8. being able to click a cover in cover view window without it to disappear too high

in the main window... always have to scroll down the see it again

9. being possible to click an album cover to see it if that album is not playing would be fun.

If You Got Ears, You Gotta ListenCaptain Beefheart

MacMini 2018, 4xi3 3.6GHz, SSD, 20Gb, macOS Sonoma > Audirvana Origin >

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

Audirvana Remote > iPhone 13

Have another one :)

Could the desktop apllication when music is playing be able to see the Audio Filters tab and others that we can't... maybe greyed out to let us know that it can't be change while playing, but be able to see the settings...

Wyred DAC2 DSD Special Edition > Proceed AMP2 > Focal Cobalt 826 Signature Series >

• 1 year later...

1) My version (3.2.6) refreshes the library nearly every minute. The library itself is not being changed, but the app seems to think it is changing and so it updates. It's not much of a drain on resources but seems unnecessary. 

2) The remote app gets stuck displaying the screen of what's playing. I need to change its orientation to get a 'Close' button to appear. 

Regards,

Mark

Audirvana debug information.rtf

4 minutes ago, mdynarski said:

1) My version (3.2.6) refreshes the library nearly every minute. The library itself is not being changed, but the app seems to think it is changing and so it updates. It's not much of a drain on resources but seems unnecessary. 

2) The remote app gets stuck displaying the screen of what's playing. I need to change its orientation to get a 'Close' button to appear.

Regards,

Mark

Hello,

You can try trashing your library file, and load it again...

Go to A+ preferences panel... Library tab... and delete all your folders there with the minus sign.

Close A+
Go to User... Home Folder... Library... Applications Support... Audirvana Folder...
Trash All the files in that folder (that is your database of music, back it up!)

Restart MAC.  Restart A+. Load your music folder(s) and let them sync till they are finished before trying something else.

Apple hide the Home Folder in User Library at some time depending on OS System... When you have clicked your Home Folder, and cannot see the Library Folder in there, just do a ''cmd J'' to show the folder settings preferences and see at the bottom... click Show Library Folder and then you'll have access to the rest forever.

For your Remote App (not sure if you know that), just press the pause button like 2 seconds and the stop choice will appears.

I would like to be able to copy the current Play Queue content to the clipboard.

I'd like to make statistics of my hearing habits, so a Tab separated list in the clipboard with all visible fields of the Play Queue would do it.

Marking lines in the Play Queue and then copy them with Cmd-c would be wonderful.

11 minutes ago, Fridolin said:

I would like to be able to copy the current Play Queue content to the clipboard.

I'd like to make statistics of my hearing habits, so a Tab separated list in the clipboard with all visible fields of the Play Queue would do it.

Marking lines in the Play Queue and then copy them with Cmd-c would be wonderful.

Not sure what you mean by hearing habits... can you just put the Number of Play tab ?

Snapz001.thumb.jpg.fbe57f7a0bc4abd6ef8b6fb052f7d8cf.jpg

or copy the screen of your Play queue?

5ae875a9856eb_ScreenShot2018-05-01at10_06_33.thumb.png.8af44cbc0c6e860eb1cafbbca16c45c5.png

• 2 weeks later...

My thanks to RunHomeSlow for suggesting how I can stop Audirvana from rescanning the library on a network drive over and over. The steps he described worked fine. 

The remote app seems to be a work in progress but being able to select a track from the library or from Tidal is a great feature. It took me a bit to realize that using the app in landscape mode is far better. 

Regards,

Mark