Jump to content
vortecjr

Sonicorbiter - Spotify Connect output mode (beta)

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Sorry if this has been covered before in the previous pages. My Microrendu loses connection to Spotify Connect. It will play a few songs and then stop. Spotify shows it in the list of available devices, but can’t seem to hold onto it. My mR is an original unit with firmware 2.5. It’s powered by an LPS, and feeds an AQ Dragonfly Red and Jitterbug. It has no problem with iPeng and Squeezelite, and no issue with MPD/DLNA,  or Apple airplay using Shareport. I’ve reloaded the Spotify Connect app a couple of times. Anything else I should be trying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Older units should have a version 2.3 operating system. New units have version 2.5 operating system. You should also press update from Apps / Software manager from time to time to get and incidental updates available. The service can be a bit flaky from time to time, but probable best to wait a while and see if it clears up. There is not much more we can do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to get some help. I just got spotify premium and I can not get it to connect to the micro rendu. I switched it to Spotify Connect and I can see it under the devices on my iPad and actually see the two trying to connect. But they will not connect. Any ideas??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go to Settings / Spotify Connect and press Save. Retest.

 

If no luck...try this:

Try powering down / up the router, computer, iPad and the unit. Then start playback on the iPad and switch to Spotify Connect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the support page? If not where do I go? I have sent emails to the support page on your website and have not yet received a reply. Do I send it back to have it looked at or??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too have been unable to get Spotify to connect to the Microrendu for the last six months. It worked for a few days when I first received he Microrendu, but ever since I can see the Microrendu in Spotify premium but it will not connect. Powering down, rebooting, etc makes no difference - I have written about this numerous times and have given up. As far as I am concerned the app does not work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just confirmed that the APP is working. First I went to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and make sure my DAC was listed. Then I went to Settings / Spotify and pressed Save. This configures the output and makes it the current output mode. Then I went to Spotify and started local playback. Then in Spotify I went to Connect to a Device and selected my microRendu.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem with Spotify.  When I choose it from the device menu it tries to connect and then fails.  I'm tried every manner of restarts all through the connection chain.  Microrendu works fine with HQplayer.  I'm on 2.5 here.

 

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, got it to connect but now it only plays 1 sec of music at a time and then drops and then reconnects....over and over again.

 

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should say that spotify plays fine to the local computer either through the sound card or directly to the IFI DAC if it is connected directly to the computer.  The dac connected to the microrendu also works fine with HQplayer.  Thus the problem seems to be spotify connect with the microrendu.  The Microrendu was upgraded to the newest software today and the whole system was restarted including the router.  Lastly the computer and microrendu are connected to the same gigabit netgear switch.

 

Robert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Understood. Right now you have the latest code for that application. It’s under constant development and if any new updates become available we will add them for you to try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/27/2017 at 6:21 AM, vortecjr said:

I just confirmed that the APP is working. First I went to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and make sure my DAC was listed. Then I went to Settings / Spotify and pressed Save. This configures the output and makes it the current output mode. Then I went to Spotify and started local playback. Then in Spotify I went to Connect to a Device and selected my microRendu.   

 

I tried these steps (after reinstalling 2.5) and it did work initially.

 

Then, I switched to Squeezelite and then back to Spotify Connect.  My problem returned - Spotify tries to connect, but then defaults back to my iPad.

 

I followed the same steps from above again (except I didn’t reinstall 2.5) and still couldn’t get Spotify to connect - it tries for a bit then defaults back to my iPad.

 

I hope this helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm testing Ultrarendu from a friend on my system. I liked the device and thought about buying.

But I came across this non-connectivity with spotify.
This month has already been a year. I read the topic looking for a solution but it did not work at all.


Strange that sonore guarantees that the ultrarendu works with spotify .. I do not see any efforts for solution ..

As I sign and I really like spotify, I seriously think about giving up buying this product ..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Newson said:

I'm testing Ultrarendu from a friend on my system. I liked the device and thought about buying.

But I came across this non-connectivity with spotify.
This month has already been a year. I read the topic looking for a solution but it did not work at all.


Strange that sonore guarantees that the ultrarendu works with spotify .. I do not see any efforts for solution ..

As I sign and I really like spotify, I seriously think about giving up buying this product ..

Just update the unit from Apps / Software Manager 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Newson said:

I'm testing Ultrarendu from a friend on my system. I liked the device and thought about buying.

But I came across this non-connectivity with spotify.
This month has already been a year. I read the topic looking for a solution but it did not work at all.


Strange that sonore guarantees that the ultrarendu works with spotify .. I do not see any efforts for solution ..

As I sign and I really like spotify, I seriously think about giving up buying this product ..

Very interesting, the same happened to me. The Spotify app worked for a very short time after I first connected my Microrendu but after a month or so it quit connecting, I inquired about it but my posts asking for helped seemed to... disappear. That was late in 2016 and it wasn't until I did the most recent update last week to 2.6 that the connection reappeared, apparently they fixed a known Spotify-connection problem with this update. I did pay for Spotify premium for all of those months without being able to play it through my Microrendu, but now that it works I'm happy.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had trouble again connecting to Spotify, but followed Jesus' advice and did an update under Apps - Software Manager. That brought a connection to Spotify but suddenly JRiver, which had been working fine disappeared. I tried unplugging, rebooting, but JRiver was not seeing my Microrendu. On a whim, I did another update under software manager and voila! JRiver immediately saw and connected to the Microrendu.

 

Lesson: when connection problems appear - and they will - click Update under Apps - Software Manager. It least that appears to work for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, mttbsh said:

I had trouble again connecting to Spotify, but followed Jesus' advice and did an update under Apps - Software Manager. That brought a connection to Spotify but suddenly JRiver, which had been working fine disappeared. I tried unplugging, rebooting, but JRiver was not seeing my Microrendu. On a whim, I did another update under software manager and voila! JRiver immediately saw and connected to the Microrendu.

 

Lesson: when connection problems appear - and they will - click Update under Apps - Software Manager. It least that appears to work for me.

Just go to Settings / MPD DLNA and press Save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×