IGNORED

Sonicorbiter - Spotify Connect Output Mode (beta)

vortecjr

Sorry if this has been covered before in the previous pages. My Microrendu loses connection to Spotify Connect. It will play a few songs and then stop. Spotify shows it in the list of available devices, but can’t seem to hold onto it. My mR is an original unit with firmware 2.5. It’s powered by an LPS, and feeds an AQ Dragonfly Red and Jitterbug. It has no problem with iPeng and Squeezelite, and no issue with MPD/DLNA,  or Apple airplay using Shareport. I’ve reloaded the Spotify Connect app a couple of times. Anything else I should be trying?

Older units should have a version 2.3 operating system. New units have version 2.5 operating system. You should also press update from Apps / Software manager from time to time to get and incidental updates available. The service can be a bit flaky from time to time, but probable best to wait a while and see if it clears up. There is not much more we can do about it.

• 4 weeks later...

I too have been unable to get Spotify to connect to the Microrendu for the last six months. It worked for a few days when I first received he Microrendu, but ever since I can see the Microrendu in Spotify premium but it will not connect. Powering down, rebooting, etc makes no difference - I have written about this numerous times and have given up. As far as I am concerned the app does not work.

I just confirmed that the APP is working. First I went to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and make sure my DAC was listed. Then I went to Settings / Spotify and pressed Save. This configures the output and makes it the current output mode. Then I went to Spotify and started local playback. Then in Spotify I went to Connect to a Device and selected my microRendu.   

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same problem with Spotify.  When I choose it from the device menu it tries to connect and then fails.  I'm tried every manner of restarts all through the connection chain.  Microrendu works fine with HQplayer.  I'm on 2.5 here.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

Ok, got it to connect but now it only plays 1 sec of music at a time and then drops and then reconnects....over and over again.

Robert

Software: Roon/HQplayer; System I: Roon Server/HQplayer DSD 512 Upsampling, Custom Windows 10 PC/AO, LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; Holo Cyan DAC; VPI Scout 2 Turntable, Soundsmith Boheme, TTW Clamps and Carbon Matt; Cary SLP-98P Preamp; Van Alstine FET 600 Poweramp;  Aerial Acoustics 6T loudspeakers, SVS SB13 Ultra Subwoofers. System II: Custom PC with Signalyst Linux HQplayer NAA; LPS-1 powered Startech USB card; LPS-1 powered ISO Regen; IFI Micro iDSD Black Label; Primaluna Dialogue 2 with Tung Sol KT-150; Paradigm Studio 20 v3 monitors on Custom Mapleshade stands. Cables: Moon Audio, LUSH, Kimber Kable, Mapleshade, LARRY custom.

I should say that spotify plays fine to the local computer either through the sound card or directly to the IFI DAC if it is connected directly to the computer.  The dac connected to the microrendu also works fine with HQplayer.  Thus the problem seems to be spotify connect with the microrendu.  The Microrendu was upgraded to the newest software today and the whole system was restarted including the router.  Lastly the computer and microrendu are connected to the same gigabit netgear switch.

Robert

On 11/27/2017 at 6:21 AM, vortecjr said:

I just confirmed that the APP is working. First I went to Apps / DAC Diagnostics and make sure my DAC was listed. Then I went to Settings / Spotify and pressed Save. This configures the output and makes it the current output mode. Then I went to Spotify and started local playback. Then in Spotify I went to Connect to a Device and selected my microRendu.   

I tried these steps (after reinstalling 2.5) and it did work initially.

Then, I switched to Squeezelite and then back to Spotify Connect.  My problem returned - Spotify tries to connect, but then defaults back to my iPad.

I followed the same steps from above again (except I didn’t reinstall 2.5) and still couldn’t get Spotify to connect - it tries for a bit then defaults back to my iPad.

I hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm testing Ultrarendu from a friend on my system. I liked the device and thought about buying.

But I came across this non-connectivity with spotify.
This month has already been a year. I read the topic looking for a solution but it did not work at all.

Strange that sonore guarantees that the ultrarendu works with spotify .. I do not see any efforts for solution ..

As I sign and I really like spotify, I seriously think about giving up buying this product ..

100% Digital

Ifi Idsd Black + Iso regen + PC